Orlando Magic blast Chicago Bulls 107-79

Orlando center Dwight Howard pulls in a rebound as he's fouled by Chicago forward and former Gator Joakim Noah as the Bulls visit Amway Arena on Wednesday, March 11, 2009. Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lou to the Rescue

Clermont, FL

#1 Mar 11, 2009
Nice game from our bench. Heck, they scored 56 of our 107 points, not bad. Battie played well and Gortat was a monster with his double-double. Go Magic!
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#3 Mar 11, 2009
Great game!

The Bulls didn't offer much resistance but it was good to see contributions from our bench. Gortat is really turning into a good NBA center.

Rashard went cold and Hedo didn't play and we still had a blowout. Not much to complain about today.
Sleeper13

Saint Cloud, FL

#4 Mar 11, 2009
Very balanced win tonight. Great game for SVG to help his bench gain some confidence.

JJ played very well and continues to grow in his understanding of the offence. I still feel that Courney should continue to get the lions share of the SG minutes. He has played remarkably well this season, 4years of D1 makes a difference.

His game is further proof that Tony should be starting (especially in the playoffs) to help set a defensive tone from the begining of games. Turk would be a huge shot in the arm to our bench scoring come post season.
Magic Rocks

Lakeland, FL

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Solid game for Marcin, this guy is getting more confident every day. SVC id being very smart giving him minutes in preparation to the playoffs. Our bench is coming along, starters should be up and ready and as long as our bench continues the good play we should be able to maintain our pace. Dwight must be more careful and aware that te referees are not giving him a chance and just play ball instead of complaining, we he keeps complaining the referees are no going to change. Good game tonight and finally an asy one to boost confidence
Merlot

AOL

#6 Mar 11, 2009
Lou to the Rescue wrote:
Nice game from our bench. Heck, they scored 56 of our 107 points, not bad. Battie played well and Gortat was a monster with his double-double. Go Magic!
Sadly, the Bulls got a long way to go.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 11, 2009
Payback is a b*tch. We owed the bulls that one. Nice game for Battie. Makes you wonder if we would hae used him against detroit we might have won that one.
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#8 Mar 11, 2009
Hey can anyone remember when was the last time our bench outscored the starters. I dont know if that has ever happened in Magic history. Be something fun to look up. Love the way Gortat is playing but we are going to lose him. Some team is going to gamble on him and put 5-8M down and we arent going to be able to match it. That will be a sad loss. He is turning into the best backup in the NBA. I guess practicing everyday with Howard will do that for a guy. Someone mentioned that when Obama visits a Wizards game they win so hope he doesnt show up. 18 games left, if we go 13-5 we reach 60 wins. That is doable but I dont think we will do it. Once the 3rd position is locked up the players will relax and wait until the playoffs. Just human nature. The only thing that would change that is if Boston hits a short losing streak and we have a chance at the #2 spot. The Cavs are up 4 games in the loss column and I dont see us catching them at this point. Great game, but it is easier to win against a team that just suffered a heart breaker the night before

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#9 Mar 11, 2009
Thank you Heat you really demoralise the Bulls last night.
Great game for our bench a good moral builder and outstanding practice.
I do agree that we can reach 60 wins.
The Polish Prince was superb tonight and I hope we can keep him next year.
I thought that our defence on the first half was really on target.
Good win , nice job Magic
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#10 Mar 11, 2009
nanningbob wrote:
Hey can anyone remember when was the last time our bench outscored the starters. I dont know if that has ever happened in Magic history. Be something fun to look up. Love the way Gortat is playing but we are going to lose him. Some team is going to gamble on him and put 5-8M down and we arent going to be able to match it. That will be a sad loss. He is turning into the best backup in the NBA. I guess practicing everyday with Howard will do that for a guy. Someone mentioned that when Obama visits a Wizards game they win so hope he doesnt show up. 18 games left, if we go 13-5 we reach 60 wins. That is doable but I dont think we will do it. Once the 3rd position is locked up the players will relax and wait until the playoffs. Just human nature. The only thing that would change that is if Boston hits a short losing streak and we have a chance at the #2 spot. The Cavs are up 4 games in the loss column and I dont see us catching them at this point. Great game, but it is easier to win against a team that just suffered a heart breaker the night before
Bob the Magic can still shoot for the number 2 spot in the East for sure..especially with Garnett and Rondo still out. They also have an outside shot at number 1.

Magic land

#11 Mar 11, 2009
WoW !
Miami beats Boston
New York beats Pistons
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#12 Mar 11, 2009
I really liked the focus and intensity level tonight. Even in the 4th quarter players were still battling out there.

No Turkoglu. Lewis was horrible. Howard was in foul trouble. Normally that would spell disaster. Instead the Magic win by 28 points.

I still belive this injury to Turkoglu will be a blessing in disguise. He will get a chance to rest up for a little while, and the bench players will get valuable playing time.

I liked the starting lineup tonight with Lee and Pietrus both out there. The tone was set right from the opening tip. The defense was a big part of this.

Then when Gortat and Battie came in the game the defense really clamped down even more.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to bring Turk in off the bench at first when he returns from his injury. Especially if this lineup continues to do well.
Johnny Gohome

AOL

#13 Mar 11, 2009
I don't think the Magic are going to let Gortat go anywhere! He's the only true back up center on the team. Battie isn't that big or strong and is getting on in years so he's year to year. There's little hope to boost the position in the draft, especially with no first round choice. To pick up a decent back up center in a trade or free agency would probably cost as much as it would to keep Gortat.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#14 Mar 11, 2009
Boston loss tonight to Miami. This is a big help to the Magic. Also our good friends the Pestons lost to the ...surprise surprise....New York Knicks.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#15 Mar 11, 2009
Boston not only loss tonight. They also lost.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#16 Mar 11, 2009
Watch Detroit hang out in that number 6 spot for the time being. They will position themselves so they can either finish number 6 or number 7.

It will all depend on where the Magic finish up. If the Magic finish at 3 Detroit will stay at 6. If the Magic move up to 2 then Detroit will drop down to 7 so they can play the Magic in the first round.

In fact I think it is inevitable that the Pestons will be the first round opponent for the Magic.
Jim

Shreveport, LA

#17 Mar 11, 2009
McDyess had 22 rebounds for Detroit tonight..10 of them were offensive boards.

I wish this dude had stayed put in Denver after the Iverson trade.

In my opinion without McDyess the Pistons are probably number 9 or 10 in the East right now.
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#18 Mar 11, 2009
Jim wrote:
McDyess had 22 rebounds for Detroit tonight..10 of them were offensive boards.
I wish this dude had stayed put in Denver after the Iverson trade.
In my opinion without McDyess the Pistons are probably number 9 or 10 in the East right now.
I don't mind him being there. I feel like we need to beat Detroit by getting better and playing better. Not because Detroit loses players. I like our chances this year in a 7 game series with Detroit. Our guys are still improving and we will eventually overcome them and the whole process will have made our team stronger.

Magic land

#19 Mar 11, 2009
Totally agree with you Jim on the Magic reaching the #2 position is very possible. Our game with Boston next week will tell the story.
#1 is a lot more in question unless we can take the remaining 2 games from the Cavs.
If our destiny is to meet the Piston on the first round so be it, Its time to get the monkey of our back and if we beat them in the first round that could be enough for the Magic moral to go all the way to the finals.

Magic land

#20 Mar 11, 2009
M o n k e y

Magic land

#21 Mar 11, 2009
Jim wrote:
Boston not only loss tonight. They also lost.
Is this personal ...Jim ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
News Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web