Pacers center to miss Timberwolves game

Pacers center to miss Timberwolves game

There are 30 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 20, 2007, titled Pacers center to miss Timberwolves game. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Pacers center David Harrison has back spasms and will not make the trip to Minnesota for Friday's game against the Timberwolves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
USF

Duncan, OK

#1 Dec 20, 2007
Welcome back to the lineup Ike. I like Harrison, but this might be for the best.
ike

Frankfort, IN

#2 Dec 20, 2007
my man! this guy is gonna be the reason we not only make but go deep into the eastern conference playoffs! you can bet that!
Mike

Madison, WI

#3 Dec 20, 2007
David Harrison, WHO
He is always hurt and out of the line up, so he will not be missed.
The X-Factor

Eugene, OR

#4 Dec 20, 2007
I'm suprised there isn't more coverage on Ike's return. This is the guy that in my opinion will make the trade very valuable. He was a beast with Arizona St. This team will only get better. Go Pacers!
TDRocks

Granger, IN

#5 Dec 20, 2007
Harrison plays well when healthy so I'm sorry to see him go. However, you can't help but think this story was more of an announcement that Ike was returning. IF he regains his early season form within the next couple weeks, January-March will be a lot of fun to watch. He was playing very well and added a very surprising offensive punch.
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Dec 20, 2007
Mike wrote:
David Harrison, WHO
I could not agree more!
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Dec 20, 2007
The X-Factor wrote:
I'm suprised there isn't more coverage on Ike's return. This is the guy that in my opinion will make the trade very valuable. He was a beast with Arizona St. This team will only get better. Go Pacers!
Ike was doing a great job here this season b4 the injury. He is a great addition to the Pacers.
dorian

Chambourcy, France

#8 Dec 20, 2007
have we got any news about tinsley ? will he play next game ?
Pacer Pontiff

South Bend, IN

#9 Dec 20, 2007
No reason to hate on Harrison, he's having his best season in OBrien's system. However, I agree that Ike coming back is even better. So this is a blessing. In the end though, hope to get Harrison back for even more depth.

Go Ike!
Make it Personal

AOL

#10 Dec 20, 2007
J.O down to Center...Ike starts at PF Granger at SF, Dunleavy at SG and Daniels at PG unless Tinsley is back

Murphy should be 1st off bench....and whenever the Pacers get smart and trade J.O we can put Ike permanantly at the PF spot
Rik Smits

Simpsonville, SC

#11 Dec 20, 2007
At zeast they weren't talkzing about JO orz me.....what were dey sinking about?
Mike R

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Dec 20, 2007
Harrison is a oaf, one of the biggest busts in Pacer history. He had a rep in college for being a big baby and has done nothing to rebuf that, he is now a high paid big baby! Time to get rid of him and his expensive seat on the injury bench.
jay

Kaukauna, WI

#13 Dec 20, 2007
Make it Personal wrote:
J.O down to Center...Ike starts at PF Granger at SF, Dunleavy at SG and Daniels at PG unless Tinsley is back
Murphy should be 1st off bench....and whenever the Pacers get smart and trade J.O we can put Ike permanantly at the PF spot
You are a moron. Why would we trade are best rebounder and defender?
Dang

Benton Harbor, MI

#14 Dec 20, 2007
I wouldn't call him a bust. He's played well this year and contrary to Mike R's beliefs, Harrison only makes 1.3 million this year which is way below the league average.

Now you guys can whine because this guy ONLY makes 1.3 million "to play a childs game" and you work harder than he does.
Navin R Johnson

Louisville, KY

#15 Dec 20, 2007
Yeah, I wouldnt say a bust either. Just a weak draft that year. Google the 2004 NBA draft. You wont find too many names in the second round that you recognize.
Ivan Putz

Carmel, IN

#16 Dec 20, 2007
Wow!! This news is stunning. Harrison is hurt? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Adam

Bloomington, IN

#17 Dec 20, 2007
Before everyone goes off about how useless Harrison is, I would like to point out that so far this season, in every game I've seen Harrison get minutes, he's had a positive +/- factor on the box score. In other words, whenever he's in the game the Pacers outplay their opponent. Just some food for thought.
Kravitz the idiot

Franklin, IN

#18 Dec 20, 2007
Mike wrote:
David Harrison, WHO
Hey! he's just following the lead of our franchise player.
wshandyman

Brookston, IN

#19 Dec 20, 2007
If david Harrison can routinely play good minutes every night, the makeup of the Pacers would dramatically change. We haven't had a scoring center since Brad Miller, and not coincidentally, not since we dumped Brad Miller has Jermaine O'Neil been as effective. As good as Jeff Foster is defensively etc., he's not a scorer and that allows the opponentr double team Jermaine. With David scoring consistently, Jermaine can have all star numbers again.
Randy

Benton, KY

#20 Dec 20, 2007
If I was David Harrison I would be concerned about my future job welfare. This is a contract year for him and I just don't see the Pacers resigning him. He is an adequate player to give other players rest but he is hurt way too much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ike Diogu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pacers trade 11th pick to Portland (Jun '08) Feb '09 CHAEM 52
News SHELBURNE: Blazers hoping Oden injury doesn't l... (Nov '08) Nov '08 mattmansi 1
News Proposed Trade to Unite Rush Brothers in Indiana (Jun '08) Jun '08 midwest spicoli 2
News Pacers take big steps toward makeover (Jun '08) Jun '08 Whodey 1
News Pacers' inside game flops without O'Neal (Feb '08) Feb '08 Cole 31
News O'Brien expects no changes before deadline (Feb '08) Feb '08 Vlad 24
News Harrison doesn't agree with NBA drug policy (Jan '08) Jan '08 Fell Down Funked Up 123