Williams gets to stay as Knicks assistant

Full story: Newsday

Mike D'Antoni's coaching staff was officially set Friday with the announcement that his brother, Dan, and Northport native Phil Weber will follow him from Phoenix and longtime Knicks assistant Herb Williams ...
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2008
smartNYKfan

Randolph, NJ

#1 Jun 22, 2008
I watch Westbrook shut Derick Rose down in that ncaa game cdr won it for memphis. Westbrook is our man. He's unselfish quick and finishes strong at the rim. I seen him hit the lane and dunk on the whole crowd a few times, and his jumper is just as good has rose.Not to mention he was defensive player of the year.with all these young up and coming gaurds like cp3, dwill, rose, devin harris mayo we need some one to lock them down. their games are based on getting in the lane and causing havoc thats why we need a good defensive perimeter guard.
ps if the knicks take that soft euro player NY will burn the garden down. dont believe the hype euro players are soft and dont win rings. just ask kobe lol
RC the Bx

Westwood, NJ

#2 Jun 22, 2008
The only coach from last season's coaching staff worth keeping. Smart move, now lets hope the Knick organization is smart on Draft day by making a wise pick thats going to help the team and deal some of the dead weight currently on the roster.
Ole School Knick Fan

Erie, PA

#3 Jun 23, 2008
Mike D'Antoni's coaching already screwed up the best thing the knicks could have ever done is clean house and why do you keep Herb Williams as a Coach, Unbelievable, Herb is like a fruit fly, You can't get rid if this guy. You trade him to philly and he is back in 1 day, knicks get 4 coaches and still he is still around,What is Herb going to do? Absolutely nothing, and if any of you are out there that agrees with him staying you don't know anything about coaching the game. Clean House Clean House Clean House.
Ole School Knick Fan

Erie, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2008
You have to change the mind set of the Knicks Organization, Keeping on old coach is not a good thing, What Mike didn't know any other coach, There is nothing to build on, with Every Team that Wins there is atleast 2 or more consistant players The Knicks have none. NONE NONE NONE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herb Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curry makes big return for Knicks (Oct '08) Oct '08 BrkmB 1
Knicks icon Ewing enters Hall of Fame (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mr Pebbles 6
Knicks icon Ewing enters Hall of Fame Friday (Sep '08) Sep '08 Matt 1
Knicks fill out D'Antoni's coaching staff (Jun '08) Jun '08 blackracingfan 3
Ewing unlikely to be on Knicks' coaching staff (May '08) May '08 Scott 1
Williams likely to stay on as Knicks assistant (May '08) May '08 Trap 1
Will D'Antoni's assistants follow him to NY? (May '08) May '08 speakthetruth 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000