Walsh hasn't reached out to Ewing for...

Walsh hasn't reached out to Ewing for Knicks' job

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Walsh hasn't reached out to Ewing for Knicks' job. In it, Newsday reports that:

So how does Patrick Ewing factor into the Knicks ' search for a head coach? The Hall of Fame center, who has put in his time as an NBA assistant coach, has aspirations to be a head coach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bob

Lake Wales, FL

#1 Apr 22, 2008
I hate to say it but Ewing brought this on himself. He demanded a trade just before his contract was up when he knew that it would hurt his Knicks. That trade put us on the road to cap he.ll. We are still paying for that trade.

Ewing will always be one of the best to ever wear a Knicks uniform, some say they greatest, hard to argue with that but he gave his former team the royal shaft and never showed any remorse for it.

It might speed his return if he were more upfront about the way he left and showed some regret for his hasty decision.

Regardless, I still would love to see the big fella come back. His contributions to
the team far outweigh the negatives so I hope we can see him on the sidelines next season an assistant coach.
New Yorker in Florida

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2008
"Despite an outcry from fans to bring back the franchise's greatest player"
When I read this I thought the fans wanted Walt Frazier to coach but I then remembered the article is about Ewing.
Bring in Mark Jackson and let Ewing be where he is.
He left NY content to be gone...stay gone.

PS - I really appreciated Patrick as a player but he did force his trade away from NY and was more focused on playing a longer career than suiting up for the San Antonio series. His career was almost up at that point and I am sorry to say but he was no Willis Reed at that point and time. Then again there is only one Willis.
Jay

United States

#3 Apr 22, 2008
very well said bob. jackson hc, ewing and herb as asst's
Jefe

New York, NY

#4 Apr 22, 2008
Jackson-HC
Ewing- big man coach
Frazier - Defensive coach
LIAM

Hialeah, FL

#5 Apr 22, 2008
Ewing would be a waste to even bring in untill we have a real big man. Curry is another one of Isiah's brilliant manuevers that we will pay for.
Jay

United States

#6 Apr 22, 2008
they should publically humiliate isiah outside msg. hang him atop the garden. give him the biggest wedgee the world has ever seen. he should be castrated. he should not be able to reproduce. he is a pile of human excrement. other than that, he's not a bad guy, imo.
REED DID TJE DEED

Mumbai, India

#7 Apr 22, 2008
The present Knicks can choke on their own. They don't need Ewing teaching them how to guarantee championships and then hope someone else actually gets it done.
Hells Kitchen

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Apr 22, 2008
These Knicks need a short-fused, foul mouthed hothead as a coach ... jumping up & down on the sidelines.
The players would no longer fart around in practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herb Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curry makes big return for Knicks (Oct '08) Oct '08 BrkmB 1
News Knicks icon Ewing enters Hall of Fame (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mr Pebbles 6
News Knicks icon Ewing enters Hall of Fame Friday (Sep '08) Sep '08 Matt 1
News Williams gets to stay as Knicks assistant (Jun '08) Jun '08 Ole School Knick Fan 4
News Knicks fill out D'Antoni's coaching staff (Jun '08) Jun '08 blackracingfan 3
News Ewing unlikely to be on Knicks' coaching staff (May '08) May '08 Scott 1
News Williams likely to stay on as Knicks assistant (May '08) May '08 Trap 1
More from around the web