Walsh hasn't called Ewing in coach search

Full story: Newsday
So how does Patrick Ewing factor into the Knicks ' search for a head coach? The Hall of Fame center, who has put in his time as an NBA assistant coach, has aspirations to be a head coach. Full Story
Geez

West Milford, NJ

#1 Apr 21, 2008
Mark Jackson!

I am a jackson fan. But this team needs solid leadership to turn around a rudderless ship. Not a guy learning on the job. It would be absurd to name him coach(But this is MSG and gene lottery billionaire Jim Dolan running the show). If u are going to take a flier on a former Knick, why not Ewing? He was "the franchise" and has gained some experience coaching. Some experience is better than none,which is what Jackson has-none! I don't think Ewing is the way to go either but, I'd rather see him than Mark Jackson.
From commentator to coach w/ no experience. You don't see the Cowboys naming Michael Irvin as their coach!
New Law

New York, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Ewing should get a shot at the job since he already put 4 year in on the bench
KEVIN CAMELOT

New Hyde Park, NY

#3 Apr 22, 2008
i think both of them are to smart to take the job now! i can however see one of them 3-4 tears from now. this job calls for a sacrificial lamb so dont expect a big name to jump on this train wreck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herb Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curry makes big return for Knicks (Oct '08) Oct '08 BrkmB 1
Knicks icon Ewing enters Hall of Fame (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mr Pebbles 6
Knicks icon Ewing enters Hall of Fame Friday (Sep '08) Sep '08 Matt 1
Williams gets to stay as Knicks assistant (Jun '08) Jun '08 Ole School Knick Fan 4
Knicks fill out D'Antoni's coaching staff (Jun '08) Jun '08 blackracingfan 3
Ewing unlikely to be on Knicks' coaching staff (May '08) May '08 Scott 1
Williams likely to stay on as Knicks assistant (May '08) May '08 Trap 1
More from around the web