Magic overall better than Cavs

Magic overall better than Cavs

There are 36 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 24, 2009, titled Magic overall better than Cavs. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic are "upstarts." They are dealing with a level of "immaturity." They aren't ready to take the "next step." That pretty much sums up the national perspective on the Magic, a team that, roll out next cliche, is "just happy to be here." Rubbish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No bandwagon

Orlando, FL

#21 May 25, 2009
Judge Phillip Banks wrote:
Definitely better overall. Both teams play great defense, but on most nights, Cleveland only has 2-3 good offensive weapons. Orlando matches up so well against them.
Basically, it's like Rock-Paper-Scissors:
Orlando beats Cleveland
Cleveland beats Detroit Pistons
Pistons beat Orlando
Detroit does not deserve to be mentioned anymore. How is that Aleen for Billups trade working out?
Ronnie WV

Beckley, WV

#22 May 25, 2009
Great article....Let's support our team. GO MAgic!
Chris

United States

#23 May 25, 2009
Last I checked the Magic are playing 5 on 8!!!
Joe

Riverview, FL

#24 May 25, 2009
two calls this last game, or one call, one non-call is crazy...

Mo throwing that ball at Dwight I believe in the baseline... no cal, but obvious tech.

The other was the block that got called foul. There are others, but c'mon refs.. play this straight up..
nantu

Mount Dora, FL

#25 May 25, 2009
LeBron James is so conceited and a real actor when he fakes being fouled. All the Cavs team play dirty, cringe like sissy girls when bumped - pull the injured act -knowing very well the refs will award them foul shots every time. Howard has to be frustrated out of his skull over the irresponsible refs officiating these games. I would have more technicals than he has if I were in his shoes. It is an outrage. GO MAGIC AND CLEAN THEIR CLOCK
Cam Bradford

Orlando, FL

#26 May 25, 2009
Anthony Johnson was whistled for the flagrant 2, later changed to a flagrant 1, not Pietrus.
Oh Man

Orlando, FL

#27 May 25, 2009
CavMom wrote:
Refs = 1
Cavs =0
Is this like the Celtics or what? Apparently there are one set of rules for the Lakers, one set for the Celtics, and now one for the Magic. Everyone else plays by the same set. Since when is it okay to take an elbow to the eye, one that requires stitches and no doubt a bruise by the brow. Now the Magic are getting the reputation as Celtics, and Lakers....dirty. I don't expect Magic fans to agree but let's be fair here.....oops...no such thing in the NBA. GO GET'UM CAVS!!!!!
Oh puh-leeze. A special rules complaint from a Cleveland fan? Your boy Lebron is the no-call queen. And what about Williams no-call when he threw the ball at Howard? Consider that elbow what he deserved. Orlando plays basketball. Cleveland can't play without the refs protecting Queen James. Unbunch your panties and quit complaining. Magic in 5.
travis

United States

#28 May 25, 2009
kenny wrote:
not better...they just matchup better!
please explain kenny! this should be interesting. "not better...just matchup better! pretty sure that means orlando has a better team....
Fan since the beginning

Orlando, FL

#29 May 25, 2009
kenny wrote:
Wow, what a dumb post!
kenny

Auburn, WA

#30 May 25, 2009
travis wrote:
<quoted text>
please explain kenny! this should be interesting. "not better...just matchup better! pretty sure that means orlando has a better team....
no, not at all...are the pistons better than the magic? were the warriors better than the mavs when they beat them a couple years ago? are the celtics even comparable to the magic without KG?
kenny

Auburn, WA

#31 May 25, 2009
Fan since the beginning wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a dumb post!
says the fan of the magic who cant beat the pistons when it is OBVIOUS that the magic are 3 times better than the pistons!
tychoj

United States

#32 May 25, 2009
The Magic are better coached too! How could Mike Brown be coach of the year? Van Gundy is making all of the important adjustments to expose the CAVS weakness while Mike Brown is clueless of what to do next. Brown had a whole week to prepare for the Magic while Van Gundy had one day. The Magic have an excellent shot winning the whole thing. They would not beat the old Lakers, Celtics, Bulls or Pistons team, but are probably the best team right now.
Magic are Overrated

Cleveland, OH

#33 May 26, 2009
first and foremost, the magic are not better than the cavs, they just have an advantage in a few matchups. you see it in all sports, ali struggled with ken norton, but nobody will say ken norton is better, the giants in 2008 beat the undefeated patriots in the superbowl, but i dont think they are better, they just had a matchup advantage and they used it to perfection. to be honest, if the magic make it to the finals, they will have trouble winning more than 2 games, and if they play the lakers, they will get swept, but i dont see any team sweeping the cavs. i remember 2002 playoffs where the lakers played the kings, and trust me, the kings created all kind of problems for the lakers, lakers won game 1, lost games 2 and 3, and should have lost game 4 but horry hit a 3, but the lakers still lost game 5, but, with the help of a certain ref lol, they won game 6 and game 7, i didnt hear all of the oh my the kings are so much better than the lakers, etc..., the lakers were the better team, but the kings were just a matchup nightmare to that championship team. everyone is saying that the magic could be up 3-0, well, the cavs could easily be up 3-0 as well lol. if we win game 4, we will win both games in cleveland, so lets just get game 4 and take care of home court. GO CAVS
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#34 May 28, 2009
kenny wrote:
better!
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#35 May 28, 2009
Magic are Overrated wrote:
first and foremost, the magic are not better than the cavs, they just have an advantage in a few matchups. the cavs could easily be up 3-0 as well lol. if we win game 4, we will win both games in cleveland, so lets just get game 4 and take care of home court. GO CAVS
Hindsight is soooo nice and you are soooo full of it.
Better is better and we're beatin you.
You didn't win game 4 so, according to your brilliant pronostication, you won't win BOTH games is Cleveland. Uhmmm...that would mean you're DONE. Stick a fork in em boys.
Avenger

United States

#36 May 28, 2009
Eat that, Orlando Maggots.

How can you freaks even compare your lucky little team to the Cavs? The Cav's record for this season speaks for itself. Best team in the league.

We're coming to Orlando on Saturday. We're coming to get YOU. Live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web