Time for Orlando Magic to rough up Ki...

Time for Orlando Magic to rough up King James

There are 56 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 29, 2009, titled Time for Orlando Magic to rough up King James. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Back when Richie Adubato coached the Magic in 1997, his then 6-year-old son Adam gave him a few tips.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ozzy11

Washington, DC

#41 May 30, 2009
Brandon H wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to know why the Cavs have been called more fouls? DWIGHT HOWARD..MIKE BROWN MADE A GAME PLAN TO FOUL DWIGHT EVERYTIME HE GETS THE BALL..There is no way Lebron should be shooting 20 free throws a game..its ridiculous how gets calls. The only reason the Cavs have been in any games is because of the fouls James gets..It seems if somebody breathes on him wrong a foul is called.
Same goes with Howard, except he can bowl people over by lowering his shoulder and pushing off with his off forearm and the foul is ALWAYS on the Cavs - even when they are just standing there with their arms straight up - so it goes both ways - wake the hell up.
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#42 May 30, 2009
Brandon H wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to know why the Cavs have been called more fouls? DWIGHT HOWARD..MIKE BROWN MADE A GAME PLAN TO FOUL DWIGHT EVERYTIME HE GETS THE BALL..There is no way Lebron should be shooting 20 free throws a game..
Basically Agree Brandon, however lj SHOULD get 20 FTs a game, and they should ALL be BEFORE the end of the 3rd quarter, because he should foul out by then.
The Magic, like Mike Brown, MUST have a foul STRATEGY to foul out Lj AND PROTECT dh. The Magic must go after him and STAY after him. We need to send substitute after substiture after him and wear him out.
The Magic's foul strategy MUST go both ways. On defense to hit Lj and prevent him from making easy shots (because dh backs off for fear of fouling) up the middle. On offense, we need to send offensive players at lj to force HIM to guard or foul.
Mater of Disaster

Greensboro, NC

#43 May 30, 2009
I hope Dwights Elbow lands right on the City of Cleveland
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#44 May 30, 2009
hurt lebron thats the only way you can beat a cheater
Sports Writer

Fort Myers, FL

#45 May 30, 2009
east atlanta hawks fan wrote:
hurt lebron thats the only way you can beat a cheater
Cavs didn't have to cheat in order to beat your scrub Hawks team. Get out of that east Atlanta hood and get some class hood rat.
STAN VAN GUMBY

Orlando, FL

#46 May 30, 2009
gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text> Basically Agree Brandon, however lj SHOULD get 20 FTs a game, and they should ALL be BEFORE the end of the 3rd quarter, because he should foul out by then.
The Magic, like Mike Brown, MUST have a foul STRATEGY to foul out Lj AND PROTECT dh. The Magic must go after him and STAY after him. We need to send substitute after substiture after him and wear him out.
The Magic's foul strategy MUST go both ways. On defense to hit Lj and prevent him from making easy shots (because dh backs off for fear of fouling) up the middle. On offense, we need to send offensive players at lj to force HIM to guard or foul.
Hey ! Having a great time at the game !

I LOVE this tweeting thing. Am I tweeting, now ? Is that what they call it ?

The "foul strategy" as you guys call it, works for James because HE'S ACTUALLY RUNNING TOWARD THE BASKET WITH THE BALL. I can't seem to get Dwight to do that. He stands around, and somebody passes the ball to him, but he doesn't go far with it, so it's kinda hard for him to ACTUALLY GET FOULED MAKING A SHOT.

And as for Dwight making foul shots, he's gotten better at it, but it's still smart to use a Hacky-Dwight strategy against him, since otherwise he'll just dunk it for two. So instead, he only hits fifty to seventy percent of the points he SHOULD be getting.

Whoops -- I just missed the beer vendor. I gotta go. WISH US LOTSA LUCK.
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#47 May 30, 2009
why do turk and alston take those stupid three's
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#48 May 30, 2009
sports writer cavs fan in florida,when the majic wins in a few minutes why dont you carry your phucked up cavs fan self back to ohio sucker
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#49 May 30, 2009
hurt lebron while you run the score up on the floppers.
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#50 May 30, 2009
say SPORTS WRITER your cavs are going to be sitting at home just like my hawks in 1 more quarter.
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#51 May 30, 2009
a few more minutes and we sending sports writer and lebron back to choke city,take that sports writer with your best record in the n.b.a plus m.v.p and coach of the year,are going to be sitting at home with the hawks.

P.S. I HEAR THAT FISHING BOAT CRANKING UP,FOR LEBRON AND THE CAVS. KENNY AND CHUCK FIXING TO SEND YALL FISHING,AS WE SAY IN THE SOUTH,
Sports Writer

Fort Myers, FL

#52 May 30, 2009
say SPORTS WRITER your cavs are going to be sitting at home just like my hawks in 1 more quarter.
The difference is that I have enough class to accept it if it happens and not call for someone to injure their star player. I will also congratulate them for having the better team instead of crying that they cheated, like you do. Matter of fact, if the Magic hold on to win, I'll be pulling for them in the finals. You on the other hand are a classless ghetto rat and a punk.
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#53 May 30, 2009
Sports writers have you went back to ohio yet?
east atlanta hawks fan

Stone Mountain, GA

#54 May 30, 2009
and you are trailor park trash who molest their own family members sports writer.
Ghost of Bill Walton

Orlando, FL

#55 May 30, 2009
Reggie Miller is STUNNINGLY FULL OF S%!T.

"LeBron had to play SO MANY MINUTES IN THIS SERIES, THAT'S WHY THEY LOST, etc."

The Magic starters had to play 200 MORE MINUTES PER MAN THAN THE CAVALIERS TO GET TO THIS POINT.

I'm no Magic fan, but they beat the Cavaliers to a pulp. They deserve to advance.

And a broken Celtics team took the Magic to seven. The Cavaliers barely made six. Pierce can be proud of that.
Sports Writer

Fort Myers, FL

#56 May 30, 2009
and you are trailor park trash who molest their own family members sports writer.
That's really funny hood rat. I know for a fact you live in the ghetto of east Atlanta. I, on the other hand, live in beautiful southwest Florida right down the street from the beach. Oh, in response to your other lame post, I have no interest at all in living anywhere in Ohio. Thanks for playing though. Look forward to sweeping you guys again next year unless someone else beats us to the punch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web