6/6: Letters to the Editor

6/6: Letters to the Editor

There are 24 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 5, 2009, titled 6/6: Letters to the Editor. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Regarding Shannon J. Owens' recent column, "All-access: Ernie Johnson, Sir Charles experience the sleepy side of Orlando nightlife," on OrlandoSentinel.com: I'm a server at Hue restaurant, and I know firsthand that we go above and beyond to accommodate the Magic and their fans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
You Disgust Me

Oviedo, FL

#1 Jun 5, 2009
Real Machiavelli link lies in Dick Cheney
Abbe Wise Sanford

I don't know what planet you came down from, or what particular axe you obviously have to grind with your idiotic and completely incorrect and cruel remarks about Dick Cheney and his role in the Bush Administration but because of President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the hundreds of other patriotic, and brave men and women who frantically sought to prevent further attacks upon innocent civilians here in the United States after 9/11, Loony Tune wackos like you didn't perhaps burn up in a flaming airplane fuselage lodged in the side of a building or watch in horror as your family blew to pieces at your local market. Instead of spewing your ignorant hatred about people and events you know nothing about you should thank God there were people like Dick Cheney and George Bush who had enough sense and gumption to realize that in fighting terrorists and terrorism, one doesn't necessarily have to abide by the Boy Scout handbook when the other side is slicing heads off on television or hanging bodies from bridges of our servicemen or innocent reporters.
The only regret I have is that the Twin Towers wasn't occupied by idiots such as yourself instead of the thousands of innocent, sane, responsible, thinking human beings who only wanted to go to work that day and go home in the evening to their loved ones.
We don't need apologists for America, we don't need weak kneed, wienies whining about "torture" and Gitmo and wanting to bring these animals now into the U.S.A. for year long show trials so Ramsey Clark types can defend them and left wing Senators can make speeches on TV as they conduct inquisitions of the CIA operatives and White House lawyers while our enemy rolls on the floor with laughter and derision at our stupidity and folly. God, whoever you are, you and your ilk make me want to throw up and I'd gladly do it down the back of your shirt.
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#2 Jun 5, 2009
You Disgust Me wrote:
Abbe Wise Sanford
I don't know what planet you came down from, or what particular axe you obviously have to grind with your idiotic and completely incorrect and cruel remarks about Dick Cheney and his role in the Bush Administration but because of President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the hundreds of other patriotic, and brave men and women who frantically sought to prevent further attacks upon innocent civilians here in the United States after 9/11,
Don't pay attention Abbe, to "You Disgust Me."
Disgust apparently never got the memo that while Dick "I never started a war I couldn't profit from" Cheney was busy building his Neocon starwarz military industrial business, he didn't have the time to listen to Richard Clarke's and others' repeated warnings that terrorists would SOON crash airliners into the World Trade Towers.
Holy cow Batman and now Dick "I did use false confessions from torture victims to start a war so my friends could profit on the backs and lives of American service men" Cheney says Richard Clarke is responsible for 9/11, except it was Cheney, not Clarke who was in CHARGE when 9/11 occured.
Is it THAT Dick Cheney that you're referring to Disgust? You really are Disgusting.
It never ceases to amaze me that warprofiteer Cheney and apologists like you ALWAYS START their timeline on 9/12.
That's the same as saying: "Except for that, Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?"
The more you say, Disgust, the more you confirm your stupidity.
Sampson

Port Orange, FL

#3 Jun 6, 2009
No, Cheney and Bush deserve all they are receiving. Republicans need to own their abysmal failures with the economy and foreign policy and ask for forgiveness from the American people.

We are recovering from the worst President in the history of the United States of America and times are tough, but we shall overcome. Keep the faith and God bless our country!
Michael Grant

Mount Dora, FL

#4 Jun 6, 2009
You Disgust Me wrote:
Abbe Wise Sanford
I don't know what planet you came down from, or what particular axe you obviously have to grind with your idiotic and completely incorrect and cruel remarks about Dick Cheney and his role in the Bush Administration but because of President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the hundreds of other patriotic, and brave men and women who frantically sought to prevent further attacks upon innocent civilians here in the United States after 9/11...
Okay, to start at the end - then Cheney, Bush and others FAILED.

Because AFTER 9/11, there was an ANTHRAX attack against the US that killed several people.

Furthermore, Cheney, just recently in an interview, tried to blame Clark for not stopping 9/11 by FAILING TO WARN THE ADMINISTRATION about the attack. This BLATANT attempt to rewrite history IGNORES the memos and reports Clark REPEATED sent out - including the one ONE WEEK before the attack.
Uncle Buck

AOL

#5 Jun 6, 2009
Sampson wrote:
No, Cheney and Bush deserve all they are receiving. Republicans need to own their abysmal failures with the economy and foreign policy and ask for forgiveness from the American people.
We are recovering from the worst President in the history of the United States of America and times are tough, but we shall overcome. Keep the faith and God bless our country!
I guess you were not here for the Carter years
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Jun 6, 2009
Uncle Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were not here for the Carter years
I was and it was a bad time. It felt like no one was at the wheel.
However, compared to the Cheney presidency's unparalleled greed, corruption, mismanagement, miscalculation and INCOMPETENCE, Carter was a SLACKER.
Carter was benevolent, Cheney is malevolent.
Carter SERVED his country and works for Habitat for Humanity, Cheney draftdodged and stuck knives in peoples' backs (Colin Powell,Richard Clarke, the Abu Ghraib Natl. Guardsmen) to get to the top and save his selfish self while giving away no-bid contracts to warprofiteers and now lives off his Haliburton warprofiteering (at the expense of American lives) annuity.
Ain't EVEN CLOSE Uncle Buck. Bush and Cheney (Pinky and the Brain) are WORSE by FAR!
MsManners

Orlando, FL

#7 Jun 6, 2009
So Frances Murray finds it "interesting" that auto dealerships have been closed down in this area. Her conclusion that these decisions are based on politics is hilarious. Another bummed out conservative speaks!!
Anon

Windermere, FL

#8 Jun 6, 2009
MsManners wrote:
So Frances Murray finds it "interesting" that auto dealerships have been closed down in this area. Her conclusion that these decisions are based on politics is hilarious. Another bummed out conservative speaks!!
Interesting thought though. When you look at the lists from other areas of the country, many are small town or sometimes the largest dealers in an area. More likely they didn't support ACORN.
ENUFF

Raleigh, NC

#9 Jun 6, 2009
Sampson wrote:
So when will the NEW president (it's not my fault Obama) "own up" and step up to the plate and take responsibility?
Waiting

Kissimmee, FL

#10 Jun 6, 2009
So, Disgust, by your logic the Obama Administration has kept this country safe each and every day since Jan. 20. I'm waiting for your congratulations to them, and I know you will remember to be thankful to them each day that no attack occurs. This is absurd logic. Cheney was appointed by Bush to head the anti-terrorism workgroup, but did not hold one meeting before September, 2002, despite the warnings from Clarke and others, and the specific intelligence reports in the summer of 2002 (one example is the PDB presented to Bush when he was again on vacation in Texas in August 2002). To be fair (a novel concept for you), no one can know for sure if the 9-11 attacks could have been prevented, but there was abysmal negligence on the part of the Bush administration, and most particularly particularly Cheney. You may try, but you cannot rewrite this history. Too much is known.
Realtime

Ocala, FL

#11 Jun 6, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting thought though. When you look at the lists from other areas of the country, many are small town or sometimes the largest dealers in an area. More likely they didn't support ACORN.
It is an interesting thought fabricated by right leaning broadcasters for the sole purpose of providing the faithful lemmings with their daily dose of nonsense.
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#12 Jun 6, 2009
ENUFF wrote:
<quoted text>
So when will the NEW president (it's not my fault Obama) "own up" and step up to the plate and take responsibility?
As soon as he cleans up the "once in a life...er...century" mess that Pinky and the Brain created.
I once took my car to a shadetree mechanic. After he messed it up worse that it started, I took it to a reputable mechanic, who took one look and said someone INCOMPETENT had been under the hood. He went on to say "the problems were so bad and so many that he wouldn't touch it."
The problems that Bush and Cheney created are so deep and disturbing, that it will take DECADES to correct them.
You're asking the WRONG question ENUFF. It's NOT who OWNS them, it's WHO is CORRECTING them. That IS HOW Obama IS taking RESPONSIBILITY.
You better go check your still, I think your moonshine has too much antifreeze.
ENUFF

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jun 6, 2009
gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>As soon as he cleans up the "once in a life...er...century" mess that Pinky and the Brain created.
I once took my car to a shadetree mechanic. After he messed it up worse that it started, I took it to a reputable mechanic, who took one look and said someone INCOMPETENT had been under the hood. He went on to say "the problems were so bad and so many that he wouldn't touch it."
The problems that Bush and Cheney created are so deep and disturbing, that it will take DECADES to correct them.
You're asking the WRONG question ENUFF. It's NOT who OWNS them, it's WHO is CORRECTING them. That IS HOW Obama IS taking RESPONSIBILITY.
You better go check your still, I think your moonshine has too much antifreeze.
One car engine does not a country make.

I've yet to see any competence on Obama's part. And, unfortunately, the country will not either.
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Jun 6, 2009
ENUFF wrote:
<quoted text>
One car engine does not a country make.
I've yet to see any competence on Obama's part. And, unfortunately, the country will not either.
You REALLY are OUT of the LOOP ENUFF. Not only did Obama beat EVERYONE else in BOTH parties to WIN the presidency, He had his administration up and running at full speed, BEFORE congress even knew he was in town AND WHILE ALL the naysayers kept insisting that he "couldn't do SO MUCH at once on capitol hill."
He actually has gotten congress to work MORE than 2.5 days a week. He got HIS budget passed, He GOT a stimulus bill passed and running. He's been repairing all the crap from and in spite of the crap from the Neocons. He's full speed ahead on education and healthcare and HAS all the stakeholders at least talking to each other.
He has had MORE press conferences and interviews in 100+ days than Bush had his entire presidency.
He IS REPAIRING Americas reputation abroad. HE HAS done more than the last 3 presidents on the Israel/Palistinian conflict within 6months.
He HAS given America back our confidence and self esteem.
Where the he11 have you been 'NUFF? Probably sniffing too much lighter fluid.
Uncle Buck

AOL

#15 Jun 6, 2009
gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>I was and it was a bad time. It felt like no one was at the wheel.
However, compared to the Cheney presidency's unparalleled greed, corruption, mismanagement, miscalculation and INCOMPETENCE, Carter was a SLACKER.
Carter was benevolent, Cheney is malevolent.
Carter SERVED his country and works for Habitat for Humanity, Cheney draftdodged and stuck knives in peoples' backs (Colin Powell,Richard Clarke, the Abu Ghraib Natl. Guardsmen) to get to the top and save his selfish self while giving away no-bid contracts to warprofiteers and now lives off his Haliburton warprofiteering (at the expense of American lives) annuity.
Ain't EVEN CLOSE Uncle Buck. Bush and Cheney (Pinky and the Brain) are WORSE by FAR!
You are a wack job LOL your so clueless What are you a "nanny stater" wanting someone to take care of you. Carter was and still is a joke.
Uncle Buck

AOL

#16 Jun 6, 2009
gimmeabreak wrote:
<quoted text>You REALLY are OUT of the LOOP ENUFF. Not only did Obama beat EVERYONE else in BOTH parties to WIN the presidency, He had his administration up and running at full speed, BEFORE congress even knew he was in town AND WHILE ALL the naysayers kept insisting that he "couldn't do SO MUCH at once on capitol hill."
He actually has gotten congress to work MORE than 2.5 days a week. He got HIS budget passed, He GOT a stimulus bill passed and running. He's been repairing all the crap from and in spite of the crap from the Neocons. He's full speed ahead on education and healthcare and HAS all the stakeholders at least talking to each other.
He has had MORE press conferences and interviews in 100+ days than Bush had his entire presidency.
He IS REPAIRING Americas reputation abroad. HE HAS done more than the last 3 presidents on the Israel/Palistinian conflict within 6months.
He HAS given America back our confidence and self esteem.
Where the **** have you been 'NUFF? Probably sniffing too much lighter fluid.

His buget and HIS stimulus is going to bankrupt this country and as far as self esteem all he has done is weaken us by his namby pamby apologizing and pandering to the world. N Korea and Iran are spitting in our eye and you think this is good. He is rushing everything thru so no one can get a handle on what his end result is. He has ideas that have failed around the world and he has no plan on how to do anything, Gitmo for one. Keep drinking the Kool aid because your f^(ked in the head.
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#17 Jun 6, 2009
P.S. Nuff, Did I mention that he IS SIMULTANEOUSLY fighting TWO wars--actually THREE when you INCLUDE our war on TERROR. And one of the wars being a profiteering, colonialist war of choice. Further, he is bringing America out of the WORST Neocon caused recession and economic meltdown since the Depression. Any ONE of ALL the things that I've mentioned in this and my previous post would have overwhelmed most of our other presidents.
That's probably enough for now ENUFF, I don't want to overwhelm you.
Realtime

Ocala, FL

#18 Jun 6, 2009
Uncle Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a wack job LOL your so clueless What are you a "nanny stater" wanting someone to take care of you. Carter was and still is a joke.
You are mindless. During the Carter era there were far more winners than losers, During the G.W. Bush era everyone was a loser.
Michael Grant

Mount Dora, FL

#19 Jun 6, 2009
Uncle Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
His buget and HIS stimulus is going to bankrupt this country and as far as self esteem all he has done is weaken us by his namby pamby apologizing and pandering to the world. N Korea and Iran are spitting in our eye and you think this is good. He is rushing everything thru so no one can get a handle on what his end result is. He has ideas that have failed around the world and he has no plan on how to do anything, Gitmo for one. Keep drinking the Kool aid because your f^(ked in the head.
Egads it's scary...

Bush's budget and stimulus are going to bankrupt this country and as far as self esteem all he has done is weaken us by his <strikeout>namby pamby apologizing and pandering to the world</strikeout> attacking countries unilaterly. N Korea and Iran are spitting in our eye and you think this is good. He is rushing everything thru so no one can get a handle on what his end result is. He has ideas that have failed around the world and he has no plan on how to do anything, Gitmo for one. Keep drinking the Kool aid because your f^(ked in the head.

Egads -- it works.
gimmeabreak

Kissimmee, FL

#20 Jun 6, 2009
Uncle Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about drinking kool aid Buck. Bush and Cheney GOT us HERE. They PASSED the FIRST stimulus bill and it ALL went to the bankers. Where DID that money go the Buck? It went to all the Neocons who screwed us in the first place. That's the problem with deniers like you and Fatboy Limbaugh, You really believe him and Cheney.
As far as apologizing, Obama DIDN"T apologize about America, he apologized for the incredible criminal behavior and incompetence of the two clowns before him.
Obama had to RESET the stage and address American and world grievances so HE could begin talking to people instead of shoving America down their throats. I guess that's how YOU deal with people in YOUR life. Shove everything down everyones throats because you THINK you can. So How's that workin for you and the Neocons Buck?
Memo to Buck, It sure as H311 didn't work for Cheney and Bush. We (I'm an Independent and don't think much of Pelosi either)TOSSED BUSH and Cheny and all the Neocons in the MOTHER of all TEA Parties; the '06 and '08 elections and now there is a filibuster PROOF Senate and the DEMs can do anything they want. So how's it workin for them there Buck?
Meanwhile the Repubs respond by throwing out anyone with common sense and further narrowing their inbr3d gene-pool which WILL ensure their irrelevance for a LOOOng time.
C'mon back to reality Buck, the sky isn't pink here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web