Magic employ 'kitchen sink' strategy ...

Magic employ 'kitchen sink' strategy to try to stop Lakers' Kob...

There are 4 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Magic employ 'kitchen sink' strategy to try to stop Lakers' Kob.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In the 1980s, the Detroit Pistons devised a defensive strategy to contain Michael Jordan called the Jordan Rules.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Reality Bites

Solon, OH

#1 Jun 12, 2009
<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<CHOKE!>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Throw some more elbows Dwight or push off some more Turk.

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2009
I'm tired of all the Orlando fans whinning about the refs calls---if they make their free throws they win period!!!! Experience counts baby:D...

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2009
As a lifetime Laker fan I am very happy. However I am through with the NBA. You don't think they want 7 games? You don't think the refs may be following a script? With less than 3 minutes left in the 1st period all the Lakers' bigs are in foul trouble! The network commentators feel the need to defend the refs. Dwight banging like a mosh pit bully. But you get 47 ft's. Thanks but no more WWE! The $ people and the bookies have prostituted the game. Oh I admit that I sometimes watch wrestling for laughs and for free. But I would never pay or bet on these 'matches'. It seems that no aspect of our culture has not been tainted by corruption. I refused to continue to be played and conned. The crooks have taken over and ruined our beloved game.
Matt in VA

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Jun 12, 2009
I don't think the Magic are doing a good job of "wearing out" Kobe. You need to keep the defenders on him fresh. Even if Lee is not playing well (which he wasn't) you need to put him on Kobe at the end of the 3rd so Pietrus will be fresh down the stretch. Not making sensible substitutions down the stretch came back to haunt the Magic, as I think some of their blunders were due to fatigue - such as Nelson's lazy defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2