Brace for Magic breakup

With cheerleaders and Stuff the mascot rappelling from the rafters, and a flurry of pyrotechnics and smoke, Amway Arena celebrated the return of the NBA Finals after a 14-year absence Tuesday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dave

United States

#63 Jun 10, 2009
you are facing wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Old team.
The Celtics window of opportunity was short to begin with when they signed Garnett and Allen to go with Pierce. It got them a championship, but that window is closing, while the Magic's will be wide open for another 5 years, Turk or no Turk.
DAVID

Daytona Beach, FL

#64 Jun 10, 2009
I think Hedo will opt out just to see what is out there and then the Magic will resign him to a 4-5 year contract worth 10 million per. He deserves it he has been a major part of the reason the Magic are in the Finals. I think Gortat will sign with the Knicks for a bigger pay day and probably a starting job with NY. The Magic can sign a free agent who can fill Gortat's shoes.
DCM

Orlando, FL

#65 Jun 10, 2009
We should keep both. I think we should give Gortat a 4 year $16-20 million deal and trade Battie who is scheduled to make $6 million this next season (his last). I really want the Magic to keep Hedo, but I do not believe they will make him an offer of what he deserves, therefore I think he will not be with us after this Finals run. The Raptors are getting killed financially and are going to rebuild and probablly won't be able to keep Bosh, they just traded away Kapono for Reggie Evans to clear an extra $2 million and make the team worse. Truth is we need a banger like a Reggie Evans that costs $3-4 milliona year to come off the bench at PF. My fantasy deal that could happen would be to send Hedo an All Star player plus expiring role player contracts which will help Raptors rebuild such as Battie, Anthony Johnson because he wants to play and won't want to be 3rd PG, we will keep Lue for that, and Reddick. If they want 2 starters from us we send Gortat instead of Battie, Hedo, AJ, and Reddick for Bosh and Evans. In all of this Lewis would go to his natural small forwardspot he always played and would kill it at that position. Either way back to the main question, their #1 option for this team's chemistry is to keep them both, but knowing the Magic they will only keep 1 and if it comes down to it, it should be Hedo. Enough with all this we are in the Finals, GO MAGIC!!!
Tiger Woods

Irvine, CA

#66 Jun 10, 2009
The only way Orlando ever wins a ring is to sign D Wade and dump everyone except Superboy. After Kobe retires, the next champs will be from the west. Most likely Portland. This year's champ was decided in the Lakers/Houston series. The Magic cannot beat the Lakers, Rockets, Or Nuggets in a 7 game series. Just bc u lose in the Finals, does not make you the 2nd best team in the NBA.

- Tiger "#1 Laker fan" Woods...out
Michael in Otown

United States

#67 Jun 10, 2009
Of ALL the topics and possible angles Diaz could have taken after this historic win, he chose this one?? How pathetic and negative. Discuss this speculation later... let us native Orlandoans and long time Magic fans enjoy this moment please!!
tasha

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#68 Jun 10, 2009
Umm...are you suffering from hangover? Did you bet against the Magic and lost? Do we need this type of downer after we WON OUR FIRST FINALS game ever? Don't know how to sit back and enjoy the moment, do you? For you information, we are HAPPY CELEBRATING fans today. We aren't Clevelanders. Sheesh.
el_mago

Orlando, FL

#69 Jun 10, 2009
Damn it man, can we at least enjoy our first finals victory for a few hours before someone, a columnist from our hometown, spoils it all with a muddy article about how we wont have our team because of the salary cap. What if Hedo turns out to be more rational than Grant Hill and wants to stick around and compete for another title? Could you have waited couple of weeks to print this??? Great Article....not!
IN YOUR FACE

Monroe, LA

#70 Jun 10, 2009
Boy, some losers just can't let go. Go get your Kleenex.
Tiger Woods wrote:
The only way Orlando ever wins a ring is to sign D Wade and dump everyone except Superboy. After Kobe retires, the next champs will be from the west. Most likely Portland. This year's champ was decided in the Lakers/Houston series. The Magic cannot beat the Lakers, Rockets, Or Nuggets in a 7 game series. Just bc u lose in the Finals, does not make you the 2nd best team in the NBA.
- Tiger "#1 Laker fan" Woods...out
Dan

Omaha, NE

#71 Jun 10, 2009
Dan wrote:
We could trade Alston or Petrieus to be able to afford the 3-4 million to pay Turk. No point in paying our subs 4-5 million when we have Lee ready to fill in as SG.

Pietrus a scrub? lol. I wouldn't call Pietrus a scrub.. Alston will most def get traded this off season..in my opinion at least.

Dude, I said SUB, not SCRUB. If we trade Pietrus or Alston, we can apply that salary towards a new deal for Hedo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2

Hedo Turkoglu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE