Family's health scares jolt Lewis

Family's health scares jolt Lewis

There are 6 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Family's health scares jolt Lewis. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

We see them as high-paid mercenaries, guns-for-hire in an insular world where "economic downturn" is defined by the inability to purchase a Ferrari on the fly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Tampa, FL

#1 Jun 11, 2009
I wish the best for him and his family. At least he doesn't sit on the bench with a broken ankle for 5 years. Did you guys forget about that?
Lois Lane

Orlando, FL

#2 Jun 11, 2009
Wonderful column, George - and oh yes, happiness is all about context. Rashard sounds like a great guy, father, brother and son. I wish him and his family much health and happiness.

Auburndale, FL

#3 Jun 11, 2009
First off I wish Lewis and his family the best my prayer's are with them..Second off I like the fact that Lewis understand's it is a TEAM game Kobe and Lebron all they want is the glory people tend to forget it's about winning and if winning mean's you play the third option the first option or the bench option it doesn't matter this is a team game...Lewis is one of the most clutch player's I have ever seen he is not scared of the big shot and he has done more than enough for the magic..Go Orlando and God Bless you Rashard!

Oviedo, FL

#4 Jun 11, 2009
great article. Glad to see he has to work fulltime and cope with family issues like the rest of us. Does he get paid for time off?

Winter Park, FL

#5 Jun 11, 2009
Best wishes to Lewis and his family.... There are just so many heart-tugging stories related to this year's Magic - involving both the players and the fans. Win or lose (but hopefully WIN) we have seen that the Magic are something special.

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jun 15, 2009
this is realliiee touching

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web