Orlando Magic fans can't let up now

The last image the world has of Magic fans is actually no image at all. It is of Lakers fans crashing Amway Arena and filling the lower bowl to celebrate another NBA championship while Magic fans had their backs turned, headed for the exits. Full Story
poor taxpayer

Orlando, FL

#1 Jun 20, 2009
Well first of all, the "fans" attending the games were not "fans" at all. Mostly trendy bandwagon jumpers who were either wealthy or connected to the right person. However, with that lame performance the Magic put in after the first quarter of game 5, I don't blame people for leaving early. It was a complete collapse and the Magic just gave up and quit playing.
Faustus

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2009
Well I am a diehard Magic fan and was at that game 5. It was a HORROR SHOW. It was like being in L.A. Seemingly every Magic fan sold their ticket to a Lakers fan. Perhaps it is the economy, and people were trying to recoup some $. If that is the case, it is excusable, I guess. On the other hand, I have been to many hundereds of games over the years, and this was the worst fan experience I have hever had to endure, by far. Kind of like showing up for a loved ones funeral and having thousands of ecstatic people gleefully attend.
Dell aka Black Mamba

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Jun 20, 2009
Faustus wrote:
Well I am a diehard Magic fan and was at that game 5. It was a HORROR SHOW. It was like being in L.A. Seemingly every Magic fan sold their ticket to a Lakers fan. Perhaps it is the economy, and people were trying to recoup some $. If that is the case, it is excusable, I guess. On the other hand, I have been to many hundereds of games over the years, and this was the worst fan experience I have hever had to endure, by far. Kind of like showing up for a loved ones funeral and having thousands of ecstatic people gleefully attend.
Lmao I'm glad it was a HORROR SHOW for you. Also you ahve to remeber that their are Laker fans across the world and they shwo up to every road game. It's gret to be a Laker fan.
O-Town-Tom

Orlando, FL

#5 Jun 20, 2009
What is different?
The Orlando Arena is always full of whine and cheese fans, that stream to their martinis 5 minutes before half and 5 minutes before the end of the game.
Poor taxpayer is right on, it is the house of the rich and famous with these types of games, very few real fans.

“Vegas Baby!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Orlando, FL

#6 Jun 20, 2009
I have LOVED the Magic from the very first game - 20 years ago!!!

Been with them through thick and thin; however, yesterday was the very first time I was VERY ticked off at the team.

They held their "Thank You" rally at 8 AM when most people could not attend. To top it off, no players showed up!!!! Come on, at least give us JJ or AJ - throw us a bone!!!

The fans deserved better!!
Dave

Winter Park, FL

#7 Jun 20, 2009
It is with heavy heart I write to you today. After checking the front page headlines I would always grab my sports page and kick back in my recliner to read about local and national sports news. Those days are over.
1. It seems someone from the Georgia athletic department is writing many stories for our paper. It has been documented that UGA has had 30 arrests of football players in the last 4 years but our paper writes negatively about a state school with far fewer arrests. This is compounded with recent stories that note that Georgia has signed a few recruits from the state of Florida, 3 recently from Jacksonville. This is hardly a news flash. Kids from Florida get scholarships all over the country. And for those of you who have never been to Jacksonville, many in the city see it more as a part of south Georgia than a part of Miami or Tallahassee. Oh, by the way, kids from the Panhandle sign to play in Alabama! Wo! Georgia does make up half of the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in JACKSONVILLE, if they never signed a recruit from there THAT would be news. The Sentinel is a paper in the heart of FLORIDA and if it wants to continue to reduce its circulation this is the right way to do it. Keep putting a positive spin on an out of state school while crucifying in state schools (with MILLIONS of alumni) and you will succeed.
2. I don't know how sports writers are hired and I know they come and go but ours are just sad.
The return of George Diaz was underwhelming.
Bianchi was interesting at first and occasionally writes a good piece, but seems to be on a soapbox or trying to prove a point too much anymore. Let me enjoy sports, please!
Adelson is a waste of space for the paper. My time is more valuable than to even read her drivel. She seemed to disappear for awhile, which was great, but on days like today where she is page one and page two my sports reading time is down 90% and I head to internet sports sites. Whoever thought that the provocative but sorry Jemele Hill would be fondly remembered so shortly after her career demise.

I know the web is killing the newspaper business and overall your time has passed. There are many more ads throughout the paper and you have basically become a coupon delivery system, but it has become evident that you are simply trying to spite your own readers for a technology shift that isn't our fault. Find some people with different attitudes if you want people to read your paper Fight for Survival! Find a way to build up, not tear down. Change your attitude. Intrigue and entertain, don't preach.
Or at least just report the sports news, don't drive people away.
marko

Oviedo, FL

#8 Jun 20, 2009
we expect magic to get back next year!!! but nba refs have to stop the abuse against magic!! we all seen it clear as ever!
Johnnie

Normal, IL

#9 Jun 20, 2009
Dell aka Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao I'm glad it was a HORROR SHOW for you. Also you ahve to remeber that their are Laker fans across the world and they shwo up to every road game. It's gret to be a Laker fan.
You're from Fort Pierce ... how are you a Lakers fan? I can almost say with absolute certainty that you have never been to a Lakers game let alone Los Angeles.
where are the haters

Palatka, FL

#10 Jun 20, 2009
you bring up good points but our fans are garbage. everyone at the playoff games starting from boston on was just there to "be seen". I went to the boston and cleveland series and ppl will try to say the place was "rockin" but thats a load of bull. the 95 crowd puts this one to complete shame and it made me sick how crappy they were during the finals.
ptolomeo

Saint Cloud, FL

#11 Jun 20, 2009
What do fans have to do with it? These are hired guns playing pro basketball for tons of money. They move on when they get a better offer, fans be damned.
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#12 Jun 21, 2009
Pure garbage. This woman needs to shut her fat mouth. Maybe she should be asking how ANY Laker fan ended up in our arena for a finals game, especially the lower bowl. Had to be our own "season ticket holders" selling their tickets to the highest bidder.
Orlando Racist

United States

#13 Jun 21, 2009
The way the city reacted to having a team in the NBA Finals was an embarassment.

Here are two examples;

Slingapours on Wall St for the clinching game of the Eastern Conference Finals. Wall St was promoting Watch parties at all their bars. Slingapours which has a big screen TV and could have taken advantage of the situation decides to play club music rather than Game Sound. What kind of garbage was that?

Second example is a certain sports bar in the area that was deemed as a Magic hot spot. Each night of the Finals I got there after the game started and would put my name in for a table for anywhere from 6-8 people. I would always have a table by the start of the third quarter. A city that has their only sports team playing for the campionship should not be having tables turned over at a Sports Bar where they are holding watch parties. It made me proud not to be a magic fan
One nba Title in Florida

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jun 21, 2009
Where and when is the runners up (2nd place)parade. Its time to celebrate the magic's season. I want a big parade down colonial drive,old winter garden road or down gore street.Orange ave should only be used if the magic win a nba title. The only nba title is in downtown Miami.You magic fans kill me with we should of won or well at least we made it. Ha Ha Ha go Lakers.
Chris

United States

#15 Jun 21, 2009
Do any of you understand that the "wine & cheese" crowd is not just an Orlando Magic thing?

It's permeated through most professional "fan" bases. Ticket prices are to high for the average fans. The true fans.

I've been a Denver Broncos fan since I was 5, even though they have 28,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets they still get the wine & cheese crowd.

I remember attending Broncos games at old "Mile High Stadium" after any big play the whole stadium would actually shake like an earthquake was going on because the fans were all stomping their feet so hard. The stadium was rocking.... LITERALLY!!!

I thought it was funny when people would come on and say "the arena was rocking tonight!" Obviously I watched every Magic playoff game on TV since I live in Texas but there were a few games where I thought the crowd was absolutely pathetic. And I doubt at any point in time was the arena actually "rocking".
Chris

United States

#16 Jun 21, 2009
One nba Title in Florida wrote:
Where and when is the runners up (2nd place)parade. Its time to celebrate the magic's season. I want a big parade down colonial drive,old winter garden road or down gore street.Orange ave should only be used if the magic win a nba title. The only nba title is in downtown Miami.You magic fans kill me with we should of won or well at least we made it. Ha Ha Ha go Lakers.
Nothing more pathetic than a sports fan that goes to another teams message board to gloat after a victory. So, if LeBron is a poor sport for not shaking hands and being a "man" after loosing, what does that make you?

I seriously doubt Kobe has texted Dwight with, "HAHAHAHA!!!!! I own you BEYOTCH!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!" Because if he did that he'd be pathetic just like you.
You 2 are idiots

United States

#17 Jun 22, 2009
"Also you ahve to remeber that their are Laker fans across the world and they shwo up to every road game. It's gret to be a Laker fan." - It's also great to have an education. Maybe you should look into getting one. It helps in life. Jesus Christ learn how to spell you retard!

"The only nba title is in downtown Miami." - Another complete moron. Actually LA, San Antonio, Chicago, Boston, and numberous other cities have NBA titles. I think you meant to say the only nba title in FL is in Miami, but you are too stupid to write correctly. Good luck in life, you obviously need it, moron.
fort pierce blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Jun 22, 2009
is there anyway you could PLEASE remove kobes ugly mug from our MAGIC website. i'm so sick of looking at it. i really don't understand why the he** it's still on here! is it just me? get it off please!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web