No relief for Magic at home in Game 3

The Orlando Magic are back at the only place they finally might find order and comfort, playing the first NBA Finals at Amway Arena since 1995, roughly the time 16-year-old Kobe Bryant permanently applied his game face. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just a fan

Central District, Hong Kong

#1 Jun 9, 2009
Will Tiger Woods show up and cheer for the Lakers?
Magic Fan

Saint Cloud, FL

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Playing Jameer has been a mistake... As much as we all would like to see him out there, Johnson is a much better backup right now...Jameer isn't in game shape mode yet
Lakeshow8976

Arcadia, CA

#4 Jun 9, 2009
Magic Fan wrote:
Playing Jameer has been a mistake... As much as we all would like to see him out there, Johnson is a much better backup right now...Jameer isn't in game shape mode yet
Before the series started there no way I would have agreed with you. I know Jameer would be rusty but as a Laker fan I didnt want him to hurt us with his quickness (a problem we've had) or as a motivation factor for his teammates. But two games in its clear his effect is not what the Magic intended. I now think they should go with who got them there.
Van Gundys Mustache

Ocoee, FL

#5 Jun 9, 2009
They need to hand out 4 leaf clovers to the fans as they walk into Amway Arena. The Laker's look like a different team than they were before the playoffs. We need to play a perfect 4 games in a row and we might have a chance.
Lakers vs Magic

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2009
The Magic will lose game "Three" for the simple reason they can't match up with the Lakers regardless if they had beaten the Lakers during the regular season. The Lakers have put together a terrific recipe on how to stop Dwight Howard, not contain Howard but stop him in his tracks. The Magic have no answer for the Lakers big men, especially Lamar Odom, he is what I call the secret ingredient or the "X" factor for LA. One last question Magic fans; can anyone stop Kobe Bryant if not this series will be a "SWEEP".
Signed "A FAN"
Magic ring

Orlando, FL

#7 Jun 9, 2009
Gotta play Adonal Foyle, if he plays at least 20 minutes/game the title is guaranteed.
JJ answers

AOL

#8 Jun 9, 2009
I hope I get to start this game. If I start I'm wayyyyyy good. All this off the bench crapdoesnt work for me. I havnt come off a bench since I was handed a basketball as a baby, until I got picked by this crummy team.
IMMA STARTER! We coulda been contenders, we coulda been someone. All they had to do was start me every game and allow me to shoot like they do Hedo Jameer & Rashard. If I got my starts and shots we would be undefeated!
Yawn.
tony p

Lakeland, FL

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Do what you did all year long, and MAKE THE FREE THROWS!

Any game we lose by a point, all i can think is about is the free throws we missed...:(
4 Rings

Torrance, CA

#10 Jun 9, 2009
Given 2 days after the 1st game, the Magic made smart adjustments, while Lakers pretty much stayed with the same game plan... Magic almost came out with a 1-1 split... now with 1 day rest after the 2nd game (which i don't think is enough time to make adjustments for either team) Magic will make it close and probably pull it out... Magic will also probably win the 4th game... there are 2 days between game 4 and 5... and Lakers will make their first major adjustment in this series and also Lakers never lost 3 in row... Lakers will win game 5 and of course close it out in Staples Game 6... 4-2 Lakers..

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Clermont, FL

#11 Jun 9, 2009
From ESPN - Diary of Game 2:

"8:11: J.J. Redick (0-for-5 in the first half) just passed up two open 3s before dishing to Lewis for a jumper. Lakers by one. I'm convinced SVG is only playing Redick in fourth quarters to make Adam Morrison feel worse. That's the only explanation.

2:42 (OT): Orlando gets a nice defensive stop, gets the right offensive look (a double-team on Lewis setting up a wide-open Redick at the top of the key)... and Redick bricks the 3. Will we ever figure out why Redick (a DNP for five of the six Cleveland games) played 27 minutes in Game 2 and Courtney Lee (a key factor in the Cleveland series) played 12? Probably not.

2:17 (OY): Monster pull-up J in traffic by Kobe over Turkoglu. Really nice. I remember watching this live and thinking, "Five point swing, no way the Magic recover." And they didn't.

1:53 (OT): Redick botches an easy high screen with Howard by throwing the pass to Fisher, who careens down the court completely out of control and throws himself into Turkoglu for a call."

WHY THE HELL IS REDICK PLAYING?
Duh

Winter Park, FL

#12 Jun 9, 2009
Wow, I didn't know Lake county has a professional basketball team: Lakers.

Do you buy tickets in Clermont or in Eustis ?
LAL

Sunland, CA

#13 Jun 9, 2009
GO LAKERS!
Tiger Woods

Irvine, CA

#14 Jun 9, 2009
I am a Laker fan for life!! Instead of a golf club, I'll be swinging a broom. Magic will get swept!!!
Kobe Bryant

Orlando, FL

#15 Jun 9, 2009
I am ready for the game tonight, I've been in front of the mirror all day practicing my new "determined" facial expression. Magic players need to spend less time shooting basketballs and spend more time practicing phony facial expressions that show how intense they are.
Ready to Jump Ship

Kissimmee, FL

#16 Jun 9, 2009
Dr James Naismith wrote:
From ESPN - Diary of Game 2:
"8:11: J.J. Redick (0-for-5 in the first half) just passed up two open 3s before dishing to Lewis for a jumper. Lakers by one. I'm convinced SVG is only playing Redick in fourth quarters to make Adam Morrison feel worse. That's the only explanation.
2:42 (OT): Orlando gets a nice defensive stop, gets the right offensive look (a double-team on Lewis setting up a wide-open Redick at the top of the key)... and Redick bricks the 3. Will we ever figure out why Redick (a DNP for five of the six Cleveland games) played 27 minutes in Game 2 and Courtney Lee (a key factor in the Cleveland series) played 12? Probably not.
2:17 (OY): Monster pull-up J in traffic by Kobe over Turkoglu. Really nice. I remember watching this live and thinking, "Five point swing, no way the Magic recover." And they didn't.
1:53 (OT): Redick botches an easy high screen with Howard by throwing the pass to Fisher, who careens down the court completely out of control and throws himself into Turkoglu for a call."
WHY THE HELL IS REDICK PLAYING?
As weird as this might be ... he seems to be playing better defense on Kobe than either MP or Lee.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Clermont, FL

#17 Jun 9, 2009
Ready to Jump Ship wrote:
<quoted text>
As weird as this might be ... he seems to be playing better defense on Kobe than either MP or Lee.
You are joking right?
J-Magic

Sarasota, FL

#18 Jun 9, 2009
Why am I the only one who thinks Dwight has a lot to do with our crappy play as of late? Give credit to the Lakers for defending him well, but Howard has to learn how to fight through tough defenses. I dont' want to hear that they're double teaming him, if Howard's the superstar then he needs to play like one if we don't want to get swept.

MAN UP DWIGHT!!!
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#19 Jun 9, 2009
Looks like the JJ hater has run out of material. JJ has been playing good D. The people that JJ is guarding are having trouble scoring. Maybe they are all just having bad games! Loudmouths come and go, the facts speak for themselves.
Chris

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2009
Lets face it, the Magic have played terrible thus far and were 0.6 seconds away from a 1-1 series heading home.

No doubt the Magic are behind the 8-ball right now. If they can just play like they are capable of playing they still have a shot at making this a respectable series and a very long shot of still winning the series.

You hate to say it only 2 games into a series but this really is a must win game for the Magic. In all reality they really need to win all 3 at home.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from tonight's game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic blow the Lakers out. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic are on the receiving end of a blowout.

I really need to quit watching sports because this whole playoffs has been so stressful. I guess I just have to remind myself it's just a game. But that's hard to do since I've been a huge Magic fan from day one.
Chris

United States

#21 Jun 9, 2009
On the bright side? If the Magic can hold it down and take all 3 at home, the pressure swings big time on the Lakers.

Going home needing both wins when the Magic nearly took game two while playing horrible? The pressure would definitely be on the Lakers.

One step at a time. Let's just get this win tonight Magic!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web