Cavs concerned about series against M...

Cavs concerned about series against Magic? They should be

There are 16 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 25, 2009, titled Cavs concerned about series against Magic? They should be. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The battered psyche of the Cleveland Cavaliers has been reduced to this: They are playing the "too much respect" and "guarantee" cards simultaneously.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

dan

Orlando, FL

#1 May 25, 2009
we win tonight we win in 6
Kingof407

United States

#2 May 26, 2009
It's hello finals-it's gonna be tough, forget James, keep Williams and west from going off and it should be a W!!!!! Going back to Cleveland is going the toughest game of the playoffs for the magic!!!!!
Kingof407

United States

#3 May 26, 2009
I'm so sick of these Kobe vs lebron ads!!!! I bet when the magic beat the cavs, they are gonna still show these crazy ads, but it's gonna be Kobe vs lebron pt. 2-the sequel, to be continued-like a real bad movie. Stop it!!!!!$
Reason to be optimistic

Winter Park, FL

#4 May 26, 2009
Jorge: I guarantee...that's all...I guarantee. We are the best team in basketball. So shoot...I guarantee. I might be able to back it up, and have not done so, Yeah, I guarantee.
Dan and Dave

Swedesboro, NJ

#5 May 26, 2009
The ads remind me less of New Coke and more of Dan and Dave in the Olympics. For those not old enough, we had these two decathaletes shoved down our throats by Reebok. Dan vs. Dave. Right up until one of them failed to even qualify for the Olympics. The Magic can slam the door, but if they let the Cavs off the hook...well, we haven't seen anything yet is my fear when it comes to Kobe and Lebron.
The rock

Orlando, FL

#6 May 26, 2009
Lets talk about "Too much respect". Somehow this hack made the all star team, thats too much respect. I am sick and tired of loosers like Mo Williams putting a guarantee on games. Im glad his eye got busted, I hope he goes down again tonight.
Art

Valrico, FL

#7 May 26, 2009
Mo Williams, a loud mouth guy who announced he guaranteed that Cavs will win the series and that it is no way for Magic to beat Cavs 4 times in the series.

Again, Mo complained that Magic gets "too much respect"? What!

Give Magic a break.
So far, Magic beat Cavs 10 out of 14 games. Why? Because Magic is a very good team!

Magic in 5 or 6
Lisa

Indialantic, FL

#8 May 26, 2009
Mo can always make a new career as a comedian once his contract is up. AJ got in his head with that elbow, and the Cavs won't have any new answers for their lack of match-ups.
Anthony

Loxahatchee, FL

#9 May 26, 2009
If the Magic are up by 20 and time is almost up in the forth quarter Mo might take a swing at Anthony (knowing its all over)
Van Gundys Mustache

Orlando, FL

#10 May 26, 2009
I guarantee that Mo Williams is an absolute moron.
Manny San Miguel

United States

#11 May 26, 2009
Williams statements ARE welcome... they DRIVE US!

Teams with one superstar win ONLY when paired with a GOOD SUPPORTING cast. Remember Jordan; he had Pippen, and Grant, Paxton, etc... San Antonio had a super, Duncan, supported by TWO very good players, Parker and Manu Ginibili. Also, Kobe, when the Lakers won, had Shack, plus a good surrounding team. Even now, the Lakers have Gasol, Odom and Ariza to back Kobe, although their reliability it's still an issue...

LeBron has Williams, BUT, Williams is NO Pippen, a Shack, or even a Parker... He's making very close to his average max, 15 to 18 points per game. The rest of the team has maxed out! They CAN'T do anything more! They just can't. They can... are, and WILL be shut down by better players.

The Magic, in contrast have PLENTY of SUPPORT within the TEAM. Turk, Lewis, Pitruos, and Lee are a couple of notches ABOVE their supporting cast, just like LeBron is (for now...) above Howard. Above all, they play group, unselfish ball. And when Cleveland tried to guard ALL four, they left Alston, who proceeded to burn them for 18 points. And he's the WEAK link in the Magic team! Then there's the Magic bench which is so much stronger and reliable, that it has outscored the Cavs 3 to1.

Williams statements can't change those facts, and in fact only help the Magic...
Stop the Gusher of Tears

Cleveland, OH

#12 May 26, 2009
There you Magic fans go again. I hope you stop crying long enough to enjoy what remains of your series lead. You've only got four hours left before your second-tier team loses the lead for good.
magicact07

Lake Wales, FL

#13 May 26, 2009
Stop the Gusher of Tears wrote:
There you Magic fans go again. I hope you stop crying long enough to enjoy what remains of your series lead. You've only got four hours left before your second-tier team loses the lead for good.
"Second-tier team"?? Lol There must be something in the water up there that's frying you people's brain cells. If it wasn't for a lucky, fade-away, buzzer beating three by Queen James, your beloved, over-hyped, over-matched Cavs would be faced with the very real possibility of being swept tonight at Amway.
P.S Trashtalking when your team has lost 10 out of the last 14 to us really makes you look moronic.
Go Magic!!!
kenny

Auburn, WA

#14 May 26, 2009
magicact07 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Second-tier team"?? Lol There must be something in the water up there that's frying you people's brain cells. If it wasn't for a lucky, fade-away, buzzer beating three by Queen James, your beloved, over-hyped, over-matched Cavs would be faced with the very real possibility of being swept tonight at Amway.
P.S Trashtalking when your team has lost 10 out of the last 14 to us really makes you look moronic.
Go Magic!!!
lucky huh? it didnt look so lucky to me...the magic are only 1 shot away from being DOWN 2-1...ahhh, how quickly you seem to forget!
Van Gundys Mustache

Winter Haven, FL

#15 May 26, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
lucky huh? it didnt look so lucky to me...the magic are only 1 shot away from being DOWN 2-1...ahhh, how quickly you seem to forget!
Wow what a coincidence Cavs are only 1 shot away from being down 3 - 0. You must of seemed to forget that one.
funny80sguy

Port Townsend, WA

#16 May 26, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if Mo makes his shot in game 1 and Lebron misses his shot in game 2, then it would be Magic 2-1, and this would be an entirely different series than it is now (Magic currently being up 2-1 and all).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web