Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magi...

Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis Smith?

There are 246 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 26, 2009, titled Will Vince Carter make a fool of Magic GM Otis Smith?. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

So the man who once called Vince Carter "fool's gold" now wants us to believe the all-star guard is what the Magic need to win the NBA Finals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
MindReader

United States

#246 Jun 30, 2009
gee I thought wincesanity is much older than 32. his game showed me he passed his prime many years ago! turk is the better player with lots of versitilty for a measley 10mil. wrong decision by Magic if they don't resign him.
D3tayl

Oakland, CA

#247 Jun 30, 2009
jman81 wrote:
this article is bogus. injury problems? hes hardly missed anytime. im not 100% sold on this trade, but this writer needs to learn what they are talking about first.
Every reply I've read is accurate. And seems to come from people who actually understand basketball. This writer needs to take some notes before going off with his bias opinions about VC. The Magic have all the tools they need to return to the Finals. Not to mention, they're still building. They have every position filled up now with VC even if Turkoglu leaves. Magic in 2010
Jorge OLeary

Winter Park, FL

#248 Jun 30, 2009
Memo to Andrea (article author):

If you're too busy watching Oprah to watch an occasional NBA game, at least let a man fact-check your work before you post it.
pending calamity

Richardson, TX

#249 Jun 30, 2009
Jorge OLeary wrote:
Memo to Andrea (article author):
If you're too busy watching Oprah to watch an occasional NBA game, at least let a man fact-check your work before you post it.
Be nice...We already chased Bianchi away...If we keep losing reporters, we will be making up our own news....
steve van gundy

Cankiri, Turkey

#250 Jul 1, 2009
is it otis' decision ? or mine ?

anyone remember " extremely shocking player " thing .
Hedo Fan

White House, TN

#251 Jul 2, 2009
Wow... nobody on here agrees with the article? Come on, people. Stop being delusional thinking your team can do no wrong. If anything, this trade does not make the Magic better, they are the same. If Hedo goes, it makes them much worse. Vince Carter has only thrived once in recent years, and that was last year when he played on a terrible team where he was the only option besides Devin Harris. He could chuck up as many shots as he liked. Once Jason Kidd left, he got his "I'm lost" game back that he always has carried. Once the Nets signed him to that dreadful extension they said "oopsie!" and have been furiously shopping him, couldn't wait to dump him on somebody. And the guy hasn't won anything in his career. And if you are a true Magic fan you would stop badmouthing Hedo, the guy who's saved your ass countless times.
Oh yeah: Stan Van Gundy will explode thousands of times during the season over this guy, mark my words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hedo Turkoglu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Dwight Howard Trade Rumors: Separating Fact fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 DavidR 3
News The Magic are Dead, Long Live the Magic (Jun '12) Jul '12 Magsmith 2
News Live updates: Magic hanging tough after first, ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Lois 1
News Lakers Trade Rumors: Orlando Magic's Lunacy Gua... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Kiwiabedz 2
News Superman about to fly (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sam 2
More from around the web