If it's a choice, take Rashard over D...

If it's a choice, take Rashard over Darko -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 86 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 27, 2007, titled If it's a choice, take Rashard over Darko -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It's late June, which means it's time for everybody to start telling Otis Smith how to run his business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jude Alexis

Hollywood, FL

#81 Jul 4, 2007
Sacha Nyada wrote:
Take Billups, not Lewis. No matter who good Lewis turns out to be, the better coached teams in the East will still beat the Magic by working over over Nelson. Replace him with Billips and you have a tough defender who can defend the pick and roll. On offense, Billups, like Lewis, is scorer and a three-point threat. But unlike Lewis, who makes his own shots, Billups is a playmaker. He should be able to set up Howard for open shots or one-on-one post ups. Last year, thanks to Nelson's court blindness and Brian Hill's pig-headedness, teams would double and triple team Howard everytime he got the ball. Billups can make the Magic's offense and defense work. Without a new point guard, the Magic will flounder, with or without Lewis, with or without Milicic.
I SEE WHY YOUR NAME IS Sacha Nyada YOU DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT BASKETBALL YOU SHOULD GO MILK A COW Sacha Nyada THERES NO WAY CHANCEY CAN DWIGHT HE'S ALREADY SELFISH ALL HE EVER WORRY ABOUT IS OUT PLAYIN RICHARD HAMILITON AND WITH OR WITHOUT DARKO YOU NO NOTHING DARKO WAS PICKED AFTER LE'BRON JAMES HE'S THE ONLY GUY IN THE CLASS WHO DIDN'T GET TO SHO HIS SKILL NOW BEING THE NO.2 PICK AFTER LE'BRON JAMES WHAT YOU THINK HE'LL DO THE MAGICS IF PLAYS FOR ANOTHER TEAM WITH A STARTING ROLE?EASY DOMINATE
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#82 Jul 5, 2007
Bob Rockledge wrote:
I agree the New York above.
We could afford Gerald Wallace and Darko; we could trade for AK47. Utah needs perimeter shooting and might take Turk, Garrity and Nelson. Looking at Darko vs. Lewis at the same age, Darko is better.I see stars all over the league traded before they became stars by impatient teams who did not appreciate the potential of what they had.
I completely agree. Look at Jermaine O'neal. He was drafted too young. It takes big guys longer to develop. Dwight Howard is an exception to the rule.
Mike Kyle

Bradenton, FL

#83 Jul 5, 2007
Darko's not worth 10 mil. He'll probably get 7 or 8. But no way Lewis is worth 15 mil. I think a 25 yr old Dwight/Darko combo woould be scary. Too bad we won't see it.

Anyone notice we were at the bottom in assists and to's. Th e problem with this team is the point.
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#84 Jul 6, 2007
Mike Kyle wrote:
Darko's not worth 10 mil. He'll probably get 7 or 8. But no way Lewis is worth 15 mil. I think a 25 yr old Dwight/Darko combo woould be scary. Too bad we won't see it.
Anyone notice we were at the bottom in assists and to's. Th e problem with this team is the point.
Very true. A 23 year old Darko Dwight combo would be scary. At 25 that would be a nightmare to other teams.
Orlando Racist

Oviedo, FL

#85 Jul 10, 2007
Fox Sports is reporting the Lewis deal could be upwards of 110 million based on the new salary cap.

This is a bad move for 75 million and someone needs to lose their job if we pay over 100 million for Lewis. This move sets the franchise back another decade.
dumples

Ann Arbor, MI

#86 Jul 10, 2007
I agree 100%!!!!! Rashard is like MJ to Rip Hamilton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3