Hill Agrees to Two-Year Deal With Sun...

Hill Agrees to Two-Year Deal With Suns -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 24 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 11, 2007, titled Hill Agrees to Two-Year Deal With Suns -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Phoenix Suns on Wednesday introduced Grant Hill as their newest member, signing a free agent they hope will be the missing piece in the quest for their first NBA title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Northbrook, IL

#1 Jul 11, 2007
I hope Grant puts Phoenix over the top, over the salary top for years to come that is......I think he should spread his professional give me bag to all those who want it.
susan

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Jul 11, 2007
central florida was likely the only thing holding back tamika hill from scoring a mega recording contract. now that the hills have relocated to one of the hotbeds in the music industry (phoenix), she is sure to garner the praise and attention that a woman of her immense talent deserves. so freaking talented.
Mike

AOL

#3 Jul 11, 2007
Break a leg Grant. Thanks for nada.
Magic

Oviedo, FL

#4 Jul 11, 2007
We will win a Championship before Grant Hill and the Suns. It would only be right.

Grant will not do much for Phoenix, they are dreaming.

GoMagic -

Thank you Suns!
Kris

Fullerton, CA

#5 Jul 11, 2007
Comparing himself to Shaq? A least Shaq played and gave us something. He should compare himself to Penny Hardaway... oh wait he played more than him too. He can bring his 1st round playoff experience to Phoenix, much like T-Mac did for Houston. So long loser.
O-Town 3

Raleigh, NC

#6 Jul 11, 2007
susan wrote:
central florida was likely the only thing holding back tamika hill from scoring a mega recording contract. now that the hills have relocated to one of the hotbeds in the music industry (phoenix), she is sure to garner the praise and attention that a woman of her immense talent deserves. so freaking talented.
You are a ignorant a@@. Just in case you don't know, TAMIA HILL, already had a recording contract before she married Grant and before she came to Orlando you stupid A@@. Oh, her contract is with Elektra, just in case you didn't know, which you probably didn't according to your stupid comment. She was under the wings of QUINCY JONES, maybe your dumb A@@ have heard of him. She was on the soundtrack of Set It Off, with Gladys Knight, Brandy, and Chaka Chan. I don't know about Phoenix being a "hotbed" for the music industry, that's a new one for me! Under your knowledge, SHAQ should have went to Phoneix for his musical talents also, since Central Florida was holding him back from "scoring a mega recording contract" She has the talent and the attention that she deserves, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. So stick with your grimy ST. Pete area and play second fiddle to Tampa. And before you try and blast Central Florida, GET YOUR FACTS and NAMES RIGHT.
GHill4ever

Cluj-napoca, Romania

#7 Jul 12, 2007
I don't know what's wrong with you people. You keep calling everyoen names, keep calling each other names, insulting the players, the journalists, every fan of the game and sports in general. It just seems to me that almost all of the FLorida/Orlando based Magic fans are a bunch of ignorant, deeply frustrated people. Get over it, please. And start supporting your team, if you really like the game. If not, go watch XFL or something.
As for Grant Hill, just like he said, it's probably hard for the fans, but he made a choice and it was his right to make that choice. He doesn't owe the magic or the city anything. I can't believe that the people who were giving him a hard time all the time because of his injuries are now shouting that he's a traitor. No, you're a traitor! With this attitude, you're all traitors, because you betray the love of sports, the right to choose, and most of all: you betray your own humanity.
Wee

Orlando, FL

#8 Jul 12, 2007
G. Hill took the money and ran away from Orlando. His contributions in Orlando did not merit that salary. As a consideration, he should have considered staying with Orlando at least for one more year.
Sean

Winchester, VA

#9 Jul 12, 2007
Good riddance. It's surprising that the Magic's loyalty to Hill through all of his injuries and surgeries is repaid like this. I thought he had more class.

Guess not.

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jul 12, 2007
Grant Hill and every Grant Hill apologist deserve eachother.

Hill suckered an entire city.

We realize that an injury is something that cannot be blamed on the player, but consider the fact that Hill stated one day after his season was over that and I quote - "If I decide to play after this year it will be with the Magic. I am not interested in playing anywhere else."

Now if he had said something different, then Orlando Magic fans would not be sticking pins in Grant Hill bobblehead dolls right now. That he decide to go to a "contending team" and turn his back on his own statement has basically pissed-off every fan who STOOD BY HIM after ever other Magic fan begged that he be released after year after year of dissapointment.

Like a schyster preacher to his sucker flock, we bought hook, line, and sinker the line that he wanted to finish his career here, and be loyal not just to the team, but also the fans that backed him when the rest of the world considered him a waste.

Have fun Grant. Hope you get everything you want. If you don't you just might get everything you deserve.
magic fan

Winter Park, FL

#11 Jul 12, 2007
Grant should have stuck around, Otis would have given him a max contract if he just would have asked!
In the News

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 12, 2007
And the award for Best Overreacting Performance goes to....drum roll, please!

O-Town 3!!!!

Taking pride and defending Central Florida is great, but burning someone and insulting as much as you did, puts a dirty spot on us. This is NOT how we want to be recognized.
O-Town 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a ignorant a@@. Just in case you don't know, TAMIA HILL, already had a recording contract before she married Grant and before she came to Orlando you stupid A@@. Oh, her contract is with Elektra, just in case you didn't know, which you probably didn't according to your stupid comment. She was under the wings of QUINCY JONES, maybe your dumb A@@ have heard of him. She was on the soundtrack of Set It Off, with Gladys Knight, Brandy, and Chaka Chan. I don't know about Phoenix being a "hotbed" for the music industry, that's a new one for me! Under your knowledge, SHAQ should have went to Phoneix for his musical talents also, since Central Florida was holding him back from "scoring a mega recording contract" She has the talent and the attention that she deserves, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. So stick with your grimy ST. Pete area and play second fiddle to Tampa. And before you try and blast Central Florida, GET YOUR FACTS and NAMES RIGHT.

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Jul 12, 2007
So what you say and what you do, make you right and make the franchise wrong?

Makes perfect sense.

The Phoenix Suns will not win a championship with Grant Hill because the Suns are still in the same conference with the best teams in the leage and that conference just got better with Oden, and Durrant.

Hill is chasing fools gold.

Did I just call Hill a fool?
Big Magic Fan

Orlando, FL

#15 Jul 12, 2007
Dear GHill4ever from Cluj, Romania . People in this country are very passionate about their sports. What people from "this country" are also passionate about is how much money sports figures make for playing sports and how much of that money they actually earn. When Grant Hill decided to walk away from Orlando and take his $93 million with him, he decided to slap every Magic fan in the face. Please don't forget, he played a little more than 200 games out of a possible 570. Yes, Grant had a right to leave. But fans like me have a right to disagree with his decision. This is America. Also,keep in mind, we are talking about $93 million dollars!!! A ton of responsibility comes with making that much money. We are not talking about a $60,000 a year job. Oh, and Master Baiter, you should change your posting name because it sounds a little moronish. Anyway, until the Suns learn to play defense, they will never win a championship. Grant's presence and bad karma will make sure of it.
zak

United States

#16 Jul 12, 2007
It goes to show you that Hill went to a team that has a chance. I guess he believes that the MAGIC do not,or he would have stayed and play.MAGIC screwed again.
Sean wrote:
Good riddance. It's surprising that the Magic's loyalty to Hill through all of his injuries and surgeries is repaid like this. I thought he had more class.
Guess not.

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Jul 12, 2007
zak wrote:
It goes to show you that Hill went to a team that has a chance. I guess he believes that the MAGIC do not,or he would have stayed and play.MAGIC screwed again.
<quoted text>
If that was the case then he just should have stayed quiet on his plans/desires, instead of giving the fans of Orlando the hope that he would play here or "nowhere else." His statement was disinginuinous, and so is he.

All of the people in Central Florida held him to a higher standard because he pretended that he held himself to a higher standard. Now, he can be looked at for what he is. Just another selfish athlete who does not care that people put their trust in him to do what he said he would do.

Shut up, make your deal and pack your bag, and nobody says a thing. Say that you want to stay and THEN leave?

[email protected] you!
Jim

Columbia, LA

#18 Jul 12, 2007
How much do all you people want to bet that when Phoenix is due to play in Orlando next year Grant Hill will be "injured" and will not play ?
And if he does play do you think he will get the full blown boo treatment everytime he touches the ball ? Or will it be just a smattering of boos ?
magic4

Suwanee, GA

#19 Jul 12, 2007
I thought that Grant would stay. His image as a character guy needs to be reevaluated by all of his supporter. The NBA is a business blah! blah! blah!
I recall how critical he was of the Caviliers referring to them as a high school team playing a pro teams. He is no where near the player he used to be.
He is not humble and is certainly not a character guy.
The Magic had not choice..Grant was out. Couldn't stand the heat so he got out of the kitchen.
Good luck Grant!
O-Town 3

Raleigh, NC

#20 Jul 12, 2007
In the News wrote:
And the award for Best Overreacting Performance goes to....drum roll, please!
O-Town 3!!!!
Taking pride and defending Central Florida is great, but burning someone and insulting as much as you did, puts a dirty spot on us. This is NOT how we want to be recognized.
<quoted text>
Give me an award, is there any money behind it!! Now for your stupid @@@ comment, she deserved to get burned because she made stupid comments that she knew nothing about, if you're gonna try and burn the community that I was born and raised in, at least have you're facts straight, you must be a George Bush lover. So I don't know who "WE" are, as you stated, but I'm not going to let my community get blasted from someone with ill-informed and stupid information. So take your award and shove it!!!
O-Town 3

Raleigh, NC

#21 Jul 12, 2007
Now back to the subject at hand, it felt like Grant did the "Okie Doke" punch with the Magic. I look at it this way, sometimes he gave indications that he wanted to retire after this year, not go to another team. But he was a free agent, and that's his choice. The Magic did want him to come back (I think), heck they said the same thing about Darko, but that's another blog. I also feel that he didn't show leadership qualities that the Magic really needed during the season. That's what this team needs, someone who says "This is my team" We haven't had that in this organizaton period. Just because you make the most money on the payroll, doesn't qualify you as the leader. Oh, my bad, Grant did show some leadership, to the RDV pool and to the end of the bench, leading in cheering. Good luck Grant, I don't think you will win your championship, but I could be wrong, but with San Antonio, Dallas, and Utah, you definitely will have a challenge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web