Hill is booed loudly by Magic fans in...

Hill is booed loudly by Magic fans in his return

There are 18 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 11, 2007, titled Hill is booed loudly by Magic fans in his return. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Phoenix Suns G/F Grant Hill said before the game against his former teammates at Amway Arena that he had no idea how he'd be received.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Jack

Calvert City, KY

#2 Nov 11, 2007
Grant Hill deserves better treatment from Magic fans! Why do you boo a guy for leaving, when all you did was cry for 7 years while he was here under contract? Grant has made huge, honest contributions to our community and is in my opinion a rare A-class citizen in the world of sports. You'd have to be trash to trash and boo this guy. Shame on you O-town!

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 11, 2007
Hill can go cry on his National Championship rings that he acquired with the Bulls (where he didn't contribute much either). It really is hard to feel sorry for multimillionares so...Boo to your hearts content O-Town!

He can afford therapy.
yoyo65

AOL

#5 Nov 11, 2007
x0x0x wrote:
Hill can go cry on his National Championship rings that he acquired with the Bulls (where he didn't contribute much either). It really is hard to feel sorry for multimillionares so...Boo to your hearts content O-Town!
He can afford therapy.
heck you do not know anything hill never played for the bulls he has no rings he played for detroit and they never won anything when he played there but yes we all need to boo him the magic payed him 93 mil. and got 2 years out of hin not his fault but he owed the team and the fans yes boo the hell out of him
LatinJag

Macomb, MI

#6 Nov 11, 2007
now that we boo him, lets get over it and leave it behind us. grant is not shaq, i will still boo shaq in amway arena and even when i see him driving by blasting his speakers down I-Drive.
Mikebloms

Winter Springs, FL

#7 Nov 11, 2007
HELL YEAH GRANT DESERVES TO BE BOOED he is a heartless bitch that takes tons of money from an organization and only plays 200 something games in 7 f-ing seasons and he doesnt even let us make an offer to him in free agency... Then the MF-ER goes and takes a minimum salary to play in Phonelx but the bum still lives in ORLANDO what a two faced F!!!!!! I hope he never wins a championship or the MAGIC beat them in the finals....
Mikebloms

Winter Springs, FL

#8 Nov 11, 2007
Jack wrote:
Grant Hill deserves better treatment from Magic fans! Why do you boo a guy for leaving, when all you did was cry for 7 years while he was here under contract? Grant has made huge, honest contributions to our community and is in my opinion a rare A-class citizen in the world of sports. You'd have to be trash to trash and boo this guy. Shame on you O-town!
SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING A P***Y GRANT HILL IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE HE DID NOTHING IN DETROIT HE DID NOTHING IN ORLANDO AND HELL DO NOTHING IN PHONEIX HES A BUM AND A STIFF TAKES THE MONEY AND RUNS HOPE IS PAINTING CARREER IS BETTER THEN HIS SPORTS CARREER
Typical

Orlando, FL

#9 Nov 11, 2007
x0x0x wrote:
He can afford therapy.
Do you even know who Grant Hill is? Next time, get a clue before you try to debate!
Suns Fan Since 1968

Chandler, AZ

#10 Nov 11, 2007
I suggest you take the kind of advice Suns fans have been getting since Amare and Diaw were suspended for leaving the bench -- GET OVER IT! Hill and the Magic had bad karma. It took 7 excruciating years to realize it but time to move on! You can now rebuild a superstar team. Good luck!
Shut up

Apopka, FL

#11 Nov 12, 2007
The Magic fans show thier class by booing Grant Hill. No wonder FSN Florida is not shown here, The fans do not deserve to even be able see the magic.
Orlando is the worst sports city in the country.
Mikebloms Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 12, 2007
You are the one who is a piece of garbage with your dead-end, going nowhere job and life. Stop judging basketball players and get a life! Raise your kids, you loser!
Mikebloms wrote:
<quoted text>
SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING A P***Y GRANT HILL IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE HE DID NOTHING IN DETROIT HE DID NOTHING IN ORLANDO AND HELL DO NOTHING IN PHONEIX HES A BUM AND A STIFF TAKES THE MONEY AND RUNS HOPE IS PAINTING CARREER IS BETTER THEN HIS SPORTS CARREER
JLynx

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Nov 12, 2007
Jack wrote:
Oh please. Boo him.
JLynx

Kissimmee, FL

#15 Nov 12, 2007
Shut up wrote:
Orlando is the worst sports city in the country.
Prove it.
Robert Parker

United States

#16 Nov 12, 2007
Everyone is always saying that he is so classy and that he worked so hard to get back and that he never gave up on the team. This guy got 93 million dollars and another 100 million from Fila and was MIA from basketball for over half a decade. I think everybody felt sorry for him and that is why everyone says that he is so "classy." I have heard everything from he never complained or demanded to be traded, and that he worked his but off. He was being paid hundreds of millions of dollars what does he have to complain about? How could he have demanded a trade? He was on IR for like 6 years. Why does everybody want to reach out and stroke this guy? If he was so classy he would have restuctured his deal to match his production. He was still being paid by sprite and fila. He isn't classy I don't care how well spoken he is; IMO he is just as gready as TO and everyone else. Just more tacked and well educated. F*** Grant Hill. It is Orlando's right to Boo him we paid 93 million dollars and 7 waisted years for it. And if anybody thinks this is classless I hope their team gets a Lebron and signs him to a 130 million deal for 7 years and he breaks his hip in game one, and works his but off to get back for 7 years and never complains once. Then gets healthy and signs for league min. with another team because he wants a ring. Tell me you would cheer for him and wish him the best of luck.
Orlando Fan

Windsor, Australia

#17 Nov 13, 2007
Mikebloms wrote:
HELL YEAH GRANT DESERVES TO BE BOOED he is a heartless bitch that takes tons of money from an organization and only plays 200 something games in 7 f-ing seasons and he doesnt even let us make an offer to him in free agency... Then the MF-ER goes and takes a minimum salary to play in Phonelx but the bum still lives in ORLANDO what a two faced F!!!!!! I hope he never wins a championship or the MAGIC beat them in the finals....
I'm really starting to wonder about being a Magic fan when you read comments like this. The treatment of Grant yesterday was disgraceful.
an ex magic fan

Orlando, FL

#18 Nov 13, 2007
Hill has been a drain on the team and the community. His philosophy is 'take, dont give'. He has done more to harm to Orlando as a sports town than one can imagine....bad deal, bad guy..all around

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19 Nov 13, 2007
an ex magic fan wrote:
Hill has been a drain on the team and the community. His philosophy is 'take, dont give'. He has done more to harm to Orlando as a sports town than one can imagine....bad deal, bad guy..all around
Explain your logic - would you rather he had played on his broken ankle? Because I'm pretty certain 4 vs 5 would put the Magic at a disadvantage.

And for what feels like the millionth time, noboday else has to give back their paycheck when they are ill, or otherwise impaired from working - why should Hill be different? And even if he had given the money back, it would have made zero difference to Orlando's situation, because cap rules mean that they could not have used it elsewhere anyway.(See the Allan Houston situation - he received a buyout due to chronic injuries, and retired - yet his contract still counted against the Knicks cap until it's end date)

If you have an axe to grind, take it up with

1)the Magic themselves, who signed a guy when he was on crutches and clearly failed to do all the necessary checks on his ankle

2) The NBA. The one season that Hill sat out completely due to his injury, they denied the Magic an injury exception to sign another player. Despite the fact that Hill had played about 49 games in the previous 3 years and it was obvious that his chances of playing that year were 1 in a millon.

Grant Hill went through a significant amount of surgery and rehab to honour his contract. To be honest, a clean break (if you will excuse the pun) was probably the best for both. It gives Hill the chance to play on an elite team for his last couple of years, and the Magic can move on with a new era. Despite his injuries limiting his play, the rest of the Magic squad still had a tendancy to expect him to play the way the Grant Hill of '99 did, and lean on him too much. With Hill gone, they can work on their own performance instead of deffering to him.
mosco

Winter Garden, FL

#20 Nov 13, 2007
When a fan goes to a game, he deserves to get the best play possible. Basketball must change it rules on drafts, free agents, salary caps and guaranteed contracts. As an example, the Magic have sucked for a dozen years. Fans have paid the price for that time. Is there a statute of limitations on being a sucker? Pro sports today have high contracts as we all know. It would be a lot easier to take mediocrity if a player worked at a supermarket in the off season to help in survive in life as many did in the past. There are many pure fans who will show up in any situation. Either a strike is needed, or the players union must change many rules by their own accomadation or forced by the league. With prices like they currently are, all teams need a chance to make the playoffs each year. That is not true in the NBA today. And has not been for a long time.
OrlandoFan

Windsor, Australia

#21 Nov 13, 2007
an ex magic fan wrote:
Let's just say I'm glad your an ex-magic fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web