Hill to visit Knicks after flirting with Celtics

Full story: Newsday 14
While Jason Kidd spent the holiday weekend in Dallas - and, according to a source, hanging out with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban Sunday - as he mulls his choice between money and Madison Square Garden , one of the Knicks ' other free- agent targets, Grant Hill , was hooking up in Orlando with Celtics coach Doc Rivers. Full Story
PHILL--BROOKLYN

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jul 5, 2009
Why is D*W* tryin to satisfy these foolish so-called fans?!?!! We all know the plan is for 2010... We got Chandler, Gallo, Harrington & Hughes.. Let the saeson play out & then we get the "2" stars we've been waitin for.. J* Johnson & Bosh, Wade & Stoudimier, T* Mac & Boozer & maybe Bron- Bron ... These dumb NEW YORK fans are too impateint !!!!! We got about $37mil. in cap space right now, if we sign that BUM "NO-D-Lee", we'll be in a hole we cant get out of.... Let him walk or get some more exp. contracts in return... Let's go KNICKS !!!
jys22

New York, NY

#3 Jul 6, 2009
I kind of knew that Kidd was using the team as leverage, so I really had no comments on this matter. I think it's better that the team commits to youth anyway, since the Knicks are re-building. I understand that D-Walsh is hell-bent on cap space and 2010, but you'd think he'd be a little more aggressive to get the team more competitive so that free agents would have an incentive to sign, if not for the money..

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 6, 2009
PHILL--BROOKLYN wrote:
Why is D*W* tryin to satisfy these foolish so-called fans?!?!! We all know the plan is for 2010... We got Chandler, Gallo, Harrington & Hughes.. Let the saeson play out & then we get the "2" stars we've been waitin for.. J* Johnson & Bosh, Wade & Stoudimier, T* Mac & Boozer & maybe Bron- Bron ... These dumb NEW YORK fans are too impateint !!!!! We got about $37mil. in cap space right now, if we sign that BUM "NO-D-Lee", we'll be in **** we cant get out of.... Let him walk or get some more exp. contracts in return... Let's go KNICKS !!!
open your eyes ... the days of athletes coming for the allure and endorsement posibilities only NY can bring are LOONG gone. Lebron is just as well known in Cleveland as MJ was in Chicago. Next you have to believe that ANY of the top 2010 free agents will leave playoff teams to play with Chandler and Galinari (the next Larry Bird acording to Walsh/D'Anto). If you believe any of it I can still get you a deal for the Brooklyn Bridge at a discount...

The Knicks started the season with a 7th or 8th seed playoff team. I don't think the 8th pick was better than at least one playoff round.

this will only get worse..
KNICKSFAN4LIFE

United States

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Its sad that a player as old as j kidd can still get this kind of money. Anybody that didn't believe Kidd was using the Knicks to get more money out of Cuban doesn't have their eyes open. What's even worse is that if the Knicks would've offered more money, Cuban would've offered more. He would end up with egg on his face if he let Kidd wake away for nothing after making the second worst trade in history next to Ariza for Francis
Sammy

Waldwick, NJ

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Stay away from injury prone players who's best days are behind them.
There goes Jason Kidd, another player using New York to get a raise in salary for mediocre play.
We are building for the future; resign D Lee and Nate Robinson homegrown talent, not other team's junk.

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#7 Jul 6, 2009
Kidd has always been a punk....Glad to see him stay away from NY.

The Knicks are a perennial garbage organization...top to bottom.........Cablevision to their no talent players.

They've done everything possible to deserve their sorry state.
PHILL--BROOKLYN

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 6, 2009
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
<quoted text>open your eyes ... the days of athletes coming for the allure and endorsement posibilities only NY can bring are LOONG gone. Lebron is just as well known in Cleveland as MJ was in Chicago. Next you have to believe that ANY of the top 2010 free agents will leave playoff teams to play with Chandler and Galinari (the next Larry Bird acording to Walsh/D'Anto). If you believe any of it I can still get you a deal for the Brooklyn Bridge at a discount...
The Knicks started the season with a 7th or 8th seed playoff team. I don't think the 8th pick was better than at least one playoff round.
this will only get worse..
U are one of the fans who dont know any better.... Do U know that they would get between a 30-50% riase in endosrements with who ever they dealing with right now?!?!! New York is a the "MEGA MARKET" for players !!! They already said if BRON-BRON comes, His endorsements from NIKE would go from $90mil. to $175mil. a YEAR U IDIOT!!!! So alot of other players look at that & love it !! Why U think NO-D-LEE has gotten so much attention ?! From all the comercials He gets for doing NOTHING... Thats why every player says "I'd love to play for NEW YORK !!"
Oak

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jul 6, 2009
PHILL--BROOKLYN wrote:
Why is D*W* tryin to satisfy these foolish so-called fans?!?!! We all know the plan is for 2010... We got Chandler, Gallo, Harrington & Hughes.. Let the saeson play out & then we get the "2" stars we've been waitin for.. J* Johnson & Bosh, Wade & Stoudimier, T* Mac & Boozer & maybe Bron- Bron ... These dumb NEW YORK fans are too impateint !!!!! We got about $37mil. in cap space right now, if we sign that BUM "NO-D-Lee", we'll be in **** we cant get out of.... Let him walk or get some more exp. contracts in return... Let's go KNICKS !!!
I think most Knick fans are patient - they must be numb to the losing by now. But I'm not sure what Walsh was thinking offering Kidd a 3-year deal. He's been on the decline, he plays no defense - oh right, that must be why D-Antoni was pressuring Walsh to get him - his type of player.
NJim

United States

#11 Jul 6, 2009
Thank God they already retired Patrick Ewing's #33. Otherwise they might disrespect another Knicks legend by giving away his jersey number like they did by giving Eddy Curry (the laziest player in the Garden) Charles Oakley's #34 (the hardest working player in the Garden). Giving Marbury John Starks'#3 turned out to be a mess too. Why dont they just put #3 and especially #34 in the rafters where they belong?? Cause like Marbury said, the Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday, doesn't know how to treat people and boy was he right.
Just fist me No grease

East Islip, NY

#12 Jul 6, 2009
Arghhhhhh! Take off that frigging ring!
KJ from Queens

Florence, SC

#13 Jul 6, 2009
NJim wrote:
Thank God they already retired Patrick Ewing's #33. Otherwise they might disrespect another Knicks legend by giving away his jersey number like they did by giving Eddy Curry (the laziest player in the Garden) Charles Oakley's #34 (the hardest working player in the Garden). Giving Marbury John Starks'#3 turned out to be a mess too. Why dont they just put #3 and especially #34 in the rafters where they belong?? Cause like Marbury said, the Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday, doesn't know how to treat people and boy was he right.
Agreed. What is taking the Knicks so long to retire Charles Oakley's number. He represented an entire era of Knicks basketball and played with a toughness and desire that NONE of the players on the Knicks have played with since!
Another Old Timer

Wantagh, NY

#14 Jul 6, 2009
Another washed up old timer trying to come to NY to milk us dry. I'm sick of it..
NJim

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2009
KJ from Queens wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. What is taking the Knicks so long to retire Charles Oakley's number. He represented an entire era of Knicks basketball and played with a toughness and desire that NONE of the players on the Knicks have played with since!
Exactly. And giving Oakley's jersey number to someone who is fat, lazy, out of shape, and doesn't play hard, pretty much the total opposite as Oakley was is like spitting in Oak's face as well as ours.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#16 Jul 18, 2009
PHILL--BROOKLYN wrote:
<quoted text>
U are one of the fans who dont know any better.... Do U know that they would get between a 30-50% riase in endosrements with who ever they dealing with right now?!?!! New York is a the "MEGA MARKET" for players !!! They already said if BRON-BRON comes, His endorsements from NIKE would go from $90mil. to $175mil. a YEAR U IDIOT!!!! So alot of other players look at that & love it !! Why U think NO-D-LEE has gotten so much attention ?! From all the comercials He gets for doing NOTHING... Thats why every player says "I'd love to play for NEW YORK !!"
That was true pre-internet and cable 30 years ago MAYBE

name ONE star player that is less well known because he's not in NY. Lebron, Duncan? Nowitski? Nash? Howard in Toronto?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... May '14 Eleanor 1
Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3

Grant Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE