On his way out of town, Hill takes last bastion of loyalty -- O...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

This is what you'd expect from most any NBA player. Forget about loyalty. Forget about commitment.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 208 of208
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
suns rule

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2007

Thanks Magic fans. Grant will fit in nicely here in Phx.
Ken Galloway

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2007

Maybe the guy felt the town was never a really good fit, nothing good (other than 93million dollars) ever came to him in Orlando, that gauranteed contract has worked both ways in the past for atheletes. give the guy a break he didn't ask for the injuries, he tried to honor his deal..it's up and time to move on, probably best for all, I'm still a Grant Hill fan, he's just too good of a PERSON to resent.
Ken Galloway

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2007

question did the Magic stand behind hill because they WANTED to, or because they HAD TOO? Let's be real here, do you think if that contract was like an NFL Contract Orlando does'nt cut him? get a life, they stood behind him because they were left with no options...He's a good guy no matter what....Orlando would have cut and run 5 years ago if they could have..dude Pro franchises have been bailing out on atheletes for years but no one talks about that, when a guy is able to leave a team holding the bag for a change, he has no character or morales, get real, he had a string of horrible luck in the town, he got healthy, he's a free agent, ever thought that maybe Orlando did'nt want him back? do we really know how well they treated him while injured, sure they paid him, they had too, but i bet they resented every dime they gave him, would you wanna stay after that?

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2007

They wanted him back, they just were not going to match a big offer to keep him, and he was fine with that UNTIL somebody offered him a shot at playing for a "contender."

That's when Grant's ego kicked in and vetoed any chance of being a Magician again.

See ya', wouldn't wanna be ya!
huge duke fan

Clayton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

hey mike nice article,not really,you talk about hill should have been more consider to the magic,like they were to him,but they had to be b/c he had a contract,not like they wanted to be,they could have cut him but would still have had to pay him,and you blame him for going to the suns???why??? he has a way better chance to win there then he would with you loser ever,and you say quote "This further cements Hill's Orlando legacy as the worst free-agent signing in the history of sports" that is such a lie,if doesnt get hurt you wouldnt be saying and not like he wanted to be hurt,if he doesnt get hurt is one the best NBA players ever,they guy was a walking triple double before he got hurt,so go ahead and throw him under the buss,because when gets a ring next year i will e-mail and laugh like crazy,see ya
spurs guy

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

Suns_Fan wrote:
Grant Hill, this is your year baby! Your playing for the best team in the league, and your going to get your ring! You really made the right Choice!
playing for the best team? The last time i checked the spurs were still the 2007 nba champions.
spurs guy

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

oh...by the way, you can purchase the Spurs "Road to the Championship" DVD this tuesday in case you don't believe me.
jim

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

spurs guy wrote:
oh...by the way, you can purchase the Spurs "Road to the Championship" DVD this tuesday in case you don't believe me.
WHOS GOIN TO BUY THAT? WHY YOU COMMENTING ON SUNS BLOGS ANYWAYS GOT BORED OF YOUR OWN TOWN SAN ANTONIO YEA WE ALL FEEL YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 208 of208
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grant Hill Discussions

Search the Grant Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
Kobe, Lakers finish off the Suns, set a date wi... (May '10) May '10 Big Jay 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••