On his way out of town, Hill takes la...

On his way out of town, Hill takes last bastion of loyalty -- O...

There are 208 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 6, 2007, titled On his way out of town, Hill takes last bastion of loyalty -- O.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

This is what you'd expect from most any NBA player. Forget about loyalty. Forget about commitment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Zippy t pinhead

Orlando, FL

#1 Jul 6, 2007
Dude, when do acually put the clown suit on?, Hill played all you so "Experts" like a fiddle.
orl native

Sanford, FL

#2 Jul 6, 2007
Well Bianchi I really hate to admit it but you nailed the way I was feeling as well about ole GHill. Great article. I usually bash you with the rest of Orlando but today I have to say nice job. Try to keep it up. At least today I dont feel my subscription is a total waste of money. Hey Grant how about pulling a Donovan on this one. On second thought never mind.........!
Old Dreamer

Sykesville, MD

#3 Jul 6, 2007
I told you so. On the old messge boards a year-and-a-half ago I told you he would take off the first chance he got. When he was talking about retiring last summer, I call called bull and told you that he would play this past year because he was playing for a contract in Phoenix or Dallas or some other "contender." Only one person believed it.

Believe it now?

This guy was a piece of garbage from day one - never the "class act" everyone loves to parrot about - and he took all of Orlando in. That is why you feel so bad right now, but you shouldn't. That's on him, not you.

The reason you should feel bad is that Otis Smith didn't trade that fat contract for a really decent player like Pau Gasol (making $12 mil a seaon) but instead severely overpaying a decent player like Rashard Lewis, who will now eat up every bit of cap room at $15-16 mil a year. That means its the Dwight and Rashard show for the next 5 years ... and no one else. That means no championship in Orlando, at least not for a long time.

Good luck Orlando. I told you so.
big vern

United States

#4 Jul 6, 2007
otis smith is an idiot. grant should have been traded last year when he had some value left. instead smith stood by him. we need a smart business like g.m. not an stumbling idiot like smith.
Da wighting

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jul 6, 2007
Mike, u said it dwight. we feel the same way. after 93 mil and good hopes and wishes to him to comeback, he leaves. he did not do the dwighthing.
Fan in Philly

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 6, 2007
You're all bite, Bianchi. You may be speaking the way many Magic fans feel (for isn't that your job), but you're coming down way to hard on a brother who stuck it out in Orlando for the duration of his contract and fought back to continue playing after 5 surgeries. During his contract, he gave all that he could, and more than most. He now has a chance to play with Nash, arguably the most inventive and game-changing player in the league. Don't be the jilted lover. Love the guy for who he is, who he was for the Magic, and the opportunity he has ahead of him. The Magic have a chance to grow in his absence. Hill is not an off-guard, but a small, and Lewis has just taken that job.
AGREE

Carrollton, TX

#7 Jul 6, 2007
100% Agee. Thanks Hill...thanks for nothing...Nice image...but your real personality shows through..It has always been about you. Leaving Detroit...Trying to get better...Leaving the Magic. Break a leg.
J Angulo

Orlando, FL

#8 Jul 6, 2007
Bianchi nailed the sentiments of most Magic fans including me. I struggle with the professional athlete mentality of wanting to move on and make more when they've essentially already won the lottery in life. Hill should have felt some shame in taking all that money for what he gave back. As a consolation he should have tried to give back to the organization. 200 of 574 games. Man, if I showed up for work 200 of 574 days, it just would be unreasonable to not show some respect for whoever was paying me all those days I failed to deliver on my end. Enough said, it's sickening.
J_Antoniewski

Denver, CO

#9 Jul 6, 2007
Perfectly stated. Period.
Grant, It is not too late to change your mind.
mikebloms

United States

#10 Jul 6, 2007
My feelings exactly couldnt have said it better Mr. Green... I just cant believe he really gone... What a prick this guy is i can remember many times people talkin crap about Hill and me sayin oh no this guy is really tryin to get back on the court to help his team he finnally does then he stabs his teammates and fans in the back. I honestly think i hate the guy now. I dont care about what all yall fans are sayin about oh he doesnt owe the magic anything you guys gotta be **** me, yeah yeah i know the magic signed him on crutches but they were told that his ankle was gonna be in great shape no one could have anticipated what happened. But the fact of the matter is that we stuck with this guy we paid him his check we believed he cared and we got nothing but a first round exit in the playoffs to show for it. Thanks Hill thanks for ruining my team and then takin a piss on town by leaving. Your a Joke a loser and greedy bastard you tricked us here but never again. Hope you sell your house in Orlando cause i dont even wanna see your face in Orlando ever again.
MagicFanattic

Winter Haven, FL

#11 Jul 6, 2007
As far as i'm concerned Grant Hiill just lost the only 2 things he ever showed with the Magic, character and respect. He just became another lowlife NBA sellout to all the fans that supported him undyingly though all his injury filled seasons here. And now he has just jinxed Steve Nash from getting a title while he's in Phoenix. My prediction, Phoenix doesnt even make the finals with Grant and he goes down mid season with a career ending injury..never to missing the playoffs of course. Sorry Grant,no character,no resoect,no playoffs,no ring,no Hall of Fame,not even your jersey hanging in the rafters of any team you played for. Thanks for NOTHING!!!
TJKAPPA

AOL

#12 Jul 6, 2007
Mike, I have disagreed vehemently with many of your articles, but this time we can have a beer or two together in agreement. You must buy the beer Mike... nothing comes free my friend including friendship.
enough

AOL

#13 Jul 6, 2007
Everyone of you would have done the same thing!!!!!!!!!! cut the s**t
Chuck McD

Orlando, FL

#14 Jul 6, 2007
Amen.
Bye Bye Grant

Orlando, FL

#15 Jul 6, 2007
You were never a nice guy - always with a mug on your face - at not from the pain.
KId Vals

Orlando, FL

#16 Jul 6, 2007
I honestly think the root of all the Magic's troubles over the years has been in upper management and ownership. A fish stinks from the head. How can one franchise make mistake after mistake, huge ones from Shaq to Billy Donovan (throw in T-Mac and now this) and have any credibility with discriminating fans. I don't expect Jerry Colangelo to come here but this team needs a basketball mind, not the owner's son in law calling the shots. I love Otis Smith's comments that he was surprised by Hill leaving. Just another example of clueless upper management. It's going to be a long year.
KId Vals

Orlando, FL

#17 Jul 6, 2007
I forgot the ever popular drafting of Fran Vasquez and the feeble attempts at positive community relations.
Juls

Orlando, FL

#18 Jul 6, 2007
I agree 100 %, whatever happened to those days when players were proud of turning bad teams around. All these guys like everything in a gold platter.
magicfan10

Bowling Green, FL

#19 Jul 6, 2007
This is the best Bianchi Article I have ever read!! Mike...I love you!!!!!!!!!
mike from detroit

Berkley, MI

#20 Jul 6, 2007
It's the same feeling when he left us here in Detroit. He's just another in a long line just out for himself and the heck with every one else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web