Shaq: I want to be the Orlando Magic'...

Shaq: I want to be the Orlando Magic's general manager -- Orlan...

There are 54 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 26, 2008, titled Shaq: I want to be the Orlando Magic's general manager -- Orlan.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Center Shaquille O'Neal was traded from the Miami Heat to the Phoenix Suns last month, but the Orlando Magic -- where he started his high-profile career -- never seem far from his thoughts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chris

Palatka, FL

#1 Mar 26, 2008
What i can't understand is why guys like SHaq and Grant Hill, who overall didn't contribute a darn thing to the Organization, think that the ORlando Magic and it's Fans would want those to involved in any capacity much-less player procurment....... I'd take Shaq back as a player but not a front office guy.
UF ALUM

Apopka, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Shaq, maybe... but Grant "Benedict Arnold" Hill, no way.

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#3 Mar 26, 2008
Please no! I love this team. I'd have to go back to being a Wizards fan.

Maybe as the head of security or one of the roasted peanut vendors, but that's it.
Joe

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Can he do any worse than the current administration???
MagicMan

Cumming, GA

#5 Mar 26, 2008
Welcome back Shaq. He couldn't possibly do a worse job than any of the previous Magic GMs, and maybe he can convince D-Wade to come for a reasonable salary.
UF ALUM

Apopka, FL

#6 Mar 26, 2008
Joe wrote:
Are you kidding? This is the first good "administration" that we've EVER had. That's right, I hope you're reading this John Gabriel.

Since: Sep 07

Apopka

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Chris wrote:
What i can't understand is why guys like SHaq and Grant Hill, who overall didn't contribute a darn thing to the Organization......
Excuse me, I believe Shaq Daddy must have contributed a little something. Remember the finals in '96?
GMEN1

Lady Lake, FL

#8 Mar 26, 2008
NO Shaq and NO Hill. Remember Shaq calling Otown a small pond? Both used the Magic and stole millions from Orlando. What about Hill only playing less than 100 games over 7! seasons. No thanks, unless you come to work for free because the Magic have already paid you 2 enough.
Intrigued

Apopka, FL

#9 Mar 26, 2008
Hmmmm...may not be such a bad idea if the duo can bring in top talent (D-Wade, King James, C-Paul)which can help get us our first ring. With Shaq's obsession for championship rings, he may make that happen!
Jeff

Cocoa, FL

#10 Mar 26, 2008
I still hate Shaq.
Jewell

Tampa, FL

#11 Mar 26, 2008
Chris wrote:
What i can't understand is why guys like SHaq and Grant Hill, who overall didn't contribute a darn thing to the Organization, think that the ORlando Magic and it's Fans would want those to involved in any capacity much-less player procurment....... I'd take Shaq back as a player but not a front office guy.
Grant Hill did not choose to be injured. Did he have bad luck? Yes. But he is still the best all around guy in sports today. Do you not recall how he worked out after each one of those surgeries, only to be disappointed again that the surgery didn't work? Anyone who does not recognize this has no clue about him. Also, during the time he was unable to play he visited schools, hospitals, donated his time, heart and money in whatever way he could.

A true Grant Hill fan.
Johnathan

Gainesville, FL

#12 Mar 26, 2008
For the money Shaq received in Orlando, it was well earned from that '96 finals appearance and Eastern Conference Championship. He would be a great figurehead to the organization but nothing would be guaranteed with him working any non-playing job.. A la Isiah.
Knightshift

Denver, CO

#13 Mar 26, 2008
Folks, that was the 1995 Finals, not '96. In '96, the Bulls swept the Magic out of the Eastern Conference Finals. Two months later, Shaq was a Laker. I don't understand why he think Magic fans would welcome him and Hill back home. I still consider Shaq a turncoat. I also lost a lot of respect for Hill when he took his $90 million and ran to Phoenix. Perhaps his injuries weren't his fault, but he owed the Magic and its fans something after his contract expired.
Pathetic

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Mar 26, 2008
Shaq and Grant??? LOL. For as smart as I think Grant Hill is, him bailing for Phx just ruins any chance of him being president. Had he stayed in Orlando, he'd be in a great position (third in the east or better if he was here) to get to the nba finals. I hope he loses out there.

Shaq, I do wish he'd spend his last year here in Orlando... but not at 20 Million. What happened to his career as a police officer after he retires?

Pass.
CRUSTY

Sanford, FL

#15 Mar 26, 2008
Shaq is one of those rare men who has gone to great lengths to keep his promises, a GM slot would be perfect for the big guy!

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#16 Mar 26, 2008
He just wants a short commute to work since he has never sold his house in this....what did he call it? "Swamp Pond."

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#17 Mar 26, 2008
Joe wrote:
Yes, he can do much worse than this present administration. Shaq has no loyalty, he will run the first time he thinks he gets a better deal someplace else. Also come to Orlando and be a sheriff, some angry fan may take their frustration out on him. I wouldnt be a Sheriff in this town if I were him.
Sam

Kissimmee, FL

#19 Mar 26, 2008
What could have been if he stuck around with Penny!
I Build

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 26, 2008
I am not a big basketball fan but have done a lot of work (construction) in Windermere over the years. I have come across many celebs either in traffic or in their homes. Shaq is by far the nicest most grounded one I have come across. The man is a class act.
Diogenes

Leesburg, FL

#21 Mar 26, 2008
Shaq?...as general manager??? Wouldn't this be like Benedict Arnold running for President of the United States?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web