Redick making most of shot to impress...

Redick making most of shot to impress Magic -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 11, 2007, titled Redick making most of shot to impress Magic -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It's too bad hardly anyone is watching. There is nothing J.J. Redick can do this week in the closed-to-the-public Pepsi Pro Summer League -- not even games of 30 and 17 points -- that can erase the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jonas

United States

#22 Jul 11, 2007
You forgot to sign as Mr. Smith senior.
Deezworld wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up "Hater"! Why the hell aren't you and all the others like you working in NBA front offices with all the knowledge and foresight of the furture that you have you should be someones GM. You're really wasting your time in that deadend job with all your wisdom! How about going for some other team and give all your words of wisdom to them and quite wasting space on these pages. Don't hate, just sit back and watch the real GMs work and gain some knowledge of the game, before making comments that you know so little about. And for the dumbass who had something to say about the way Otis talks, get a life!
jackson

Henderson, NV

#23 Jul 11, 2007
JJ was regarded a great college player not only because of his shooting ability, but also in large part because of coach K and that he played in duke for 4 years, plus it doesnt hurt that he is white. People tend to overlook things and believe alot of the hype on the TV, he was a good shooter, thats really about it. he cannot defend, hes not very athletic ability and not to mention defense to be able to be a true allstar. He was a good offensive player in college, who got a lot more attention than he should have. This is the real test for him. The magic have lost one of their better perimeter defenders and a big man whith shot blocking ability for another offensive player. Reddick is good, but please he's not going to be a great 20+ point guy, for those of you who think he will be are just blinded by the inflation of the media that was brought to duke. Morrison who is bigger and stranger also is having a tough time putting up 20+ and cannot play D
TimSkinner

Winter Springs, FL

#24 Jul 11, 2007
JJ definitely has a lot to prove at the NBA level. His success is COMPLETELY dependent on the rest of the team coming together as a unit.

The team's biggest problem last year was turnovers. And more specifically, not getting the ball into (and out of) the post cleanly with sufficient time to get a quality shot. It seemed that nobody, including Grant, Jameer, Carlos (especially Hedo) or any other of the perimeter players, was able to feed the post cleanly. EVERYONE, including Dwight, has to improve immensely on this.

This is the single biggest key to the Magic's offensive success.

If &/when the ball moves cleanly in and out of the post, I'm pretty confident in the abilities of JJ and Rashard to score from long range.

By The Way - is HEDO 6th man now or trade bait?
ho killer

AOL

#25 Jul 12, 2007
jj redick has to perform this year or he will be trade bate next year...u know orlando is already talking with the kings about getting ron artest.....if orlando trades turgulu for artest, do u seriously see jj playing more than 12 minutes a game?
tony

AOL

#26 Jul 12, 2007
Deezworld wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up "Hater"! Why the hell aren't you and all the others like you working in NBA front offices with all the knowledge and foresight of the furture that you have you should be someones GM. You're really wasting your time in that deadend job with all your wisdom! How about going for some other team and give all your words of wisdom to them and quite wasting space on these pages. Don't hate, just sit back and watch the real GMs work and gain some knowledge of the game, before making comments that you know so little about. And for the dumbass who had something to say about the way Otis talks, get a life!
You are right Otis has been brilliant and he isn't considered BY EVERYONE OUTSIDE OF ORLANDO as one of the three worst GM's in the league. Hey moron next time you want to dispute what i way at least use something to back it up other than telling me to shut up. Give me one example of his success as a GM? can't hear you
kevin

Benson, NC

#27 Jul 13, 2007
"Morrison who is bigger and stranger also is having a tough time putting up 20+ and cannot play D"

He, like JJ, has ONE YEAR under his belt. Applying your logic, Kobe was destined to struggle his entire career, as he only averaged 7.6 pts his rookie season.
ldavid1

Lexington, KY

#28 Jul 15, 2007
I saw JJ play in 95% of his games at Duke, either live or on TV. What alot of people don't realize yet is he is one of the toughest guys in the league, mentally and physically he can withstand alot of banging around. He averaged over 20 a game in college against defenses designed to stop him. Give him a chance, pass him the ball and you will see some greatness.
ewing

Teaneck, NJ

#29 Jul 16, 2007
jackson wrote:
JJ was regarded a great college player not only because of his shooting ability, but also in large part because of coach K and that he played in duke for 4 years, plus it doesnt hurt that he is white. People tend to overlook things and believe alot of the hype on the TV, he was a good shooter, thats really about it. he cannot defend, hes not very athletic ability and not to mention defense to be able to be a true allstar. He was a good offensive player in college, who got a lot more attention than he should have. This is the real test for him. The magic have lost one of their better perimeter defenders and a big man whith shot blocking ability for another offensive player. Reddick is good, but please he's not going to be a great 20+ point guy, for those of you who think he will be are just blinded by the inflation of the media that was brought to duke. Morrison who is bigger and stranger also is having a tough time putting up 20+ and cannot play D
JJ does have alot to prove and I'm not sure how good he can be at this level. I certinly dont think he is a 20 plus a night guy now but to say he was overhyped b/c he is white and from Duke is BS. He was hyped b/c he is Duke University's alltime leading scorer, the ACC's alltime leading scoer, 2nd in 3 point feild made in D1 history, and one of the better foul shooters in it history. JJ has alot to prove on the NBA level and alot to learn but the kid was A GREAT college and people shouldn't be tring to take that away from him.
Watchman

Danville, VA

#30 Jul 18, 2007
JJ is the real deal. Third greatest shooter in modern era of college ball behind only Bird and Maravich. All time 3 shooter. Now Tony on the other hand who cannot find his ass with both hands and a flashlight is going to tell us he can't play. I think I will believe my eyes. Besides, Tony is really Brian Hill, and he's to chickens**t to admit it.
Tim floranz

Alexandria, VA

#31 Jul 18, 2007
jj redick will be an allstar in couple of years and he shoots like kobe bryant and he will average 25 points per game done deal kobe still will be the scoring champion but watched redick will be there.
king j

Kingston, UK

#32 Aug 20, 2007
tony stop hating, jj's sick! guards in ncaa used to come on and try to fight the dude just to put him off his game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web