Redick making most of shot to impress...

Redick making most of shot to impress Magic -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 11, 2007, titled Redick making most of shot to impress Magic -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It's too bad hardly anyone is watching. There is nothing J.J. Redick can do this week in the closed-to-the-public Pepsi Pro Summer League -- not even games of 30 and 17 points -- that can erase the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jackson

Henderson, NV

#1 Jul 11, 2007
Hope he can play some defense
newjerseymagic

Stamford, CT

#2 Jul 11, 2007
JJ, you can do it, The best basketball plaer in college can't flunk in the NBA. It will cause college ball to lose credibility.
Jaguarsrule

Flagler Beach, FL

#3 Jul 11, 2007
Where did Otis learn to speak? That guy is a total idiot.
Dow11

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jul 11, 2007
Many NBA all stars are below average defensively. JJ will be a great boost for this team this season.
bornfighta

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jul 11, 2007
JJ will have a great year. Look for him to average close to 20 points a night.
Dinka Flicka

Winter Park, FL

#6 Jul 11, 2007
I'd love to see JJ be a productive starter. With Lewis's contract the Magic will have little to no cap space for many years to come. That means the young guys on the roster now better turn into production players or the Magic are looking at mediocrity for the next 5 years.
Brian in Lititz PA

East Stroudsburg, PA

#7 Jul 11, 2007
A lot of playing defense is hard work and being intelligent, specifically using team defense. By Larry Bird's own admission, he wasn't the best one-on-one defender, but he knew how to use the rest of his team to his advantage. JJ is smart. He'll figure it out if he works hard on defense and doesn't focus exclusively on the fun part of shooting the ball.
justa fan

Sebring, OH

#8 Jul 11, 2007
20 points a game?? hello?? are you nuts??? he can be a good player, but 20 points??

i'd settle for 10-12 points, playing good defens and passing and rebounding
tony

AOL

#9 Jul 11, 2007
The list of players who have done well in the summer league and then were never heard from again is very long. Diener killed everyone in the summer league last year and what did that get him during the season? Take it easy magic fans jj is still a very limited role player who will average 10-12 minutes a game and score 6-8 points.
Bill A

Brandon, FL

#11 Jul 11, 2007
Give JJ more time to play, soon,he will become a great NBA player. However, he needs to play defense well too. Remember he was one of the best player in college. Therefore, give him more opportunity to play.
STH

Winter Park, FL

#12 Jul 11, 2007
I watched both summer games as well and JJ has played well. Last night he even drove to the basket a few times and created an open look for other guys showing athleticism and toughness. It is funny that everyone talks about defensive liability when the "all-stars" at the position don't play much defense (whether that is laziness or inability does not matter). Kobe plays D and scores, but there are very few others that do both. Everyone fawns over Arenas but that guy only cares about launching shots and he might as well take a knee when his team is on defense. Arenas and Wade will get there points against J.J., but they are going to score on almost everyone. At least JJ can get some of those points back.
J Magic

Hollywood, FL

#13 Jul 11, 2007
Tony...you don't know crap. I would bet my life on the fact that J.J. will start at some point next season and will at least everage 25-30 minutes and 15 points. He can average 15 with his eyes closed. J.J. is nothing like Diener other than the fact that they can both shoot and he even does that better.
tony

AOL

#14 Jul 11, 2007
J Magic wrote:
Tony...you don't know crap. I would bet my life on the fact that J.J. will start at some point next season and will at least everage 25-30 minutes and 15 points. He can average 15 with his eyes closed. J.J. is nothing like Diener other than the fact that they can both shoot and he even does that better.
I didn't compare him to diener stupid. I used diener as a example (one of many) of a player who does very well in the summer league and never does anything in the NBA. He is a role player who has one nba skill period. Look at the other 2 guards in the East: Carter, Rip hamilton, d wade, joe johnson, Larry hughes, Ben Gordon, Gerald Wallace Michael Redd, Iguadola etc.. which one is he better than? NONE which is why he will be on the bench for most of his short career.
Mike

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Jul 11, 2007
God I want to see this guy draining 3's in people's faces all year. Please let it happen.
Mike

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Jul 11, 2007
I think some of you have forgotten the damage this guy can do from long range. All he needs is a half second to get a shot off.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 11, 2007
Reddick's value in this league, and as a contributor to the Orlando Magic, is reliant solely on himself. Everyone knows his threat on offense, so if he gives 100% on the defensive end every night, there is no reason why he can't average 30+ minutes a game.

His points production is more dependent on the system he is playing in, but a 20ppg season is not beyond him, even if it is very unlikely.

When Dwight Howard becomes adept at passing out of double teams, Reddick will reap the benefits on the perimeter, and everyone knows that given the playing time and the daylight to shoot, this guy will torch you.
Chris

Lincoln, NE

#18 Jul 11, 2007
For the guys that saw the game how did Augustine and the polish guy do?
Jonas

United States

#19 Jul 11, 2007
Too much noise about JJ Redick,
He would be good some day, why the editor is making this news so huge?
did he played against 'the cream of the cream ?" I means, he played against rookies, and against players with not NBA exposure, come on.

I will be be so happy if he can score more than 10 points against Kobe Bryant, or somebody else with high performance.

Making too much noise because...?
the white hope?

He is a potato, I will be more than happy if he can shut my mouth.
dean

Lincoln Park, NJ

#20 Jul 11, 2007
i realy think that jj can be a huge decicing factor for orlando. with Howard, and Lewis drawing double teams most of the time, that will leave jj open for the long ball all day!!! i think we can still use a backup 2 guard, and a center now that darko is practically gone!

Since: May 07

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jul 11, 2007
tony wrote:
The list of players who have done well in the summer league and then were never heard from again is very long. Diener killed everyone in the summer league last year and what did that get him during the season? Take it easy magic fans jj is still a very limited role player who will average 10-12 minutes a game and score 6-8 points.
Shut up "Hater"! Why the hell aren't you and all the others like you working in NBA front offices with all the knowledge and foresight of the furture that you have you should be someones GM. You're really wasting your time in that deadend job with all your wisdom! How about going for some other team and give all your words of wisdom to them and quite wasting space on these pages. Don't hate, just sit back and watch the real GMs work and gain some knowledge of the game, before making comments that you know so little about. And for the dumbass who had something to say about the way Otis talks, get a life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web