Grant Hill will listen to free-agent offers, undecided about fu...

It's not Jerry Greene and Mike Bianchi debating this week on Keep'n Score One on One. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bdog988

Edgewater, FL

#103 May 21, 2007
HEY WAIT...THE DEVOS FAMILY HIRED A HOCKEY GUY YO RUN THE FRANCHISE A FEW YEARS BACK...MAYBE WE NEED ANOTHER HOCKEY GUY...ANY VOTES FOR GRETSKY???......ESPOSITO?????. ..MAYBE WE CAN DID UP BOBBY HULL///LMFAO......NO WAIT.....FORGET HOCKEY GUYS...THEY DONT KNOW CHIT.......LETS JUST LET THE "FAT GUY" RUN THE CLUB.......LET GRANT HILL LEAVE...LETS GET SOME "BIG PLAYERS"...JOHN HOT PLATE WILLIAMS.....SHAWN KEMP....OOPS...BAD NAME..SORRY FANS...MAYBE IF WE KEPT A 24 HOUR KRISPY CREME OPEN...WE CAN GET SOME REAL FATTIES....THE ORGANIZATION AS A WHOLE IS A JOKE....IT SHOULD MOVE TO GRAND RAPIDS SO OWNER RICH CAN WATCH THE GAMES FROM HIS LIVING ROOM...SEEING THERE ISNT THAT MUCH IN GRAND RAPIDS....OR...JUST SELL THE TEAM....TO LOUISVILLE....WE NEED A FRANCHISE IN THE NBA TO PROMOTE CHICKEN....WE CAN BE THE KFC MAGIC....THE ARENA WOULD BE FILLED WITH CHICKEN LOVING FANS...YOU ALL KNOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT....WELL...MY FINGERS ARE TIRED...I SPEAK THE TRUTH.....ANY QUESTIONS...COMMENTS WILL BE ANSWERED...I PROMISE...
magic fan

Orlando, FL

#104 May 22, 2007
explain to me this miami fan, how are yall defending champions and your team gets sweeped 4-0 against the same team you exliminated last year idiots?
JYK

Alexandria, VA

#105 May 29, 2007
It is amazing how fast people forget. I'll give you an example of how great Hill was. Hill came into the league the same year as Jason Kidd. Everybody thinks of Kidd, besides Magic of course, when you think of triple double. In the first 5 years of their careers, he had more triple doubles than Kidd and I don't mean those cheap 13 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists ones that Kidd gets. Hill was without a doubt the best all around player the game had seem since Magic. The stats prove it. He averaged 20.2/9.8/6.9 in 95-96 year. He averaged 21.4/9.0/7.3 in 96-97 year. Those are the closest numbers to averaging a triple double for a year since Oscar Robertson when averaging over 20 points. In his 6th and last year with Detroit, he looked to score more and averaged 25.8/6.6/5.2. Why do you think he got the maximum contract with Orlando? Even on crutches, he and Duncan were far and away the most sought after free agents (I'm guessing Duncan was a free agent that year). He took that awful Detroit team before he got there to 46 wins his 2nd year. His 3rd year, they won 54 games. If they only had some decent players around him, maybe they could've gotten out of the 1st round of the playoffs. He was clearly on the path to Hall of Fame before he got injured. The comparison to MJ was odd because he was never that type of player anyway. He would've gone down as a top 3 all around player (Magic, Big O and Hill) to ever play the game if not for the injuries. The stats just prove it. But due to the injuries, I believe he just doesn't have the continuous amount of years to get into the Hall of Fame. It is a shame because Hill proved that he is a winner. He took that very average Duke team his senior year to the NCAA final game before losing to Arkansas. I know that Duke had won his 1st 2 years in college but those teams were talented. That team his senior year was very very average at best. All in all, the injuries really derailed what could've been at least a Hall of Fame career and I wanted to put this out because the younger generation really don't have an idea about how great Hill really was. His detractors will say he was famous because he was a likable person, which somehow is a fault. That really takes away from what kind of player he really was. I can't think of any player in recent memory that was as great as a player, a good human being, and as popular a player as Hill was. Don't forget that he was the top vote getter for the all-star game his first 4 years of his career. No one, including Shaq, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Duncan, McGrady, Carter, or any other player you can think of now that can say that. Don't forget that this is when MJ was still around as a Bull and not as a Wizard when Hill got more votes than him. Let's give credit where credit is due. Grant Hill was a great great player when he was healthy. It would be great to bring Hill back for 1 or 2 more years as a starter getting quality minutes. If they can swing the league minimum, great. He would be the biggest bargain in the NBA then since he can still play at a high level. What irony, right? Don't forget that there are players who make 7-8 million per year and don't even get off the bench. But if he is coming off the bench getting 20 minutes a game, why should he stay here? If he just comes back to become the 3rd option behind the likes of Jameer Nelson and Hedo, it really would be a waste to come
doug12342

United States

#106 May 29, 2007
ForeverFan wrote:
Grant Hill - you are a class act! We hope you stay in Orlando!!!
fans like this a hole are why i no longer watch or goto magic games . class act he is the worst investment ever we could have built a winning team twice while we waited for him to comeback from a injury that he coulnt come back from.
doug12342

United States

#107 May 29, 2007
watch the magic will sign some other down and out loser and call it a triumph
unknown

United States

#108 Jun 20, 2007
does anyone have a free or for 250$ in orlando florida yorkshire terrier if you do plz let me no cause i had on for like only 2 weeks and her name was princess and she died and if you have one i want a female yorkies thats 8 to 12 weeks plz comment
darko milicic

Tempe, AZ

#109 Jul 3, 2007
grant...go with the phx suns. u will be the missing link that we need!
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#110 Jul 3, 2007
GHILL will wait till KG finds a home. If KG doesnt end up wit PHX then I doubt GHILL will head to PHX. They are not a championship caliber at this point. PHX without KG is still raw meat for the spurs expecially with their roster intact. GHILL will either go to spurs or stay with the MAGIC. IF he goes to PhX then he is up for dissapointment. Nevertheless,,,,I think he IS goign to PHX. I feel sorry for that guy. YES he stole 93Mil...but what can you do. He did what he could on crutches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... May '14 Eleanor 1
Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3

Grant Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE