Grant Hill will listen to free-agent ...

Grant Hill will listen to free-agent offers, undecided about fu...

There are 108 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 17, 2007, titled Grant Hill will listen to free-agent offers, undecided about fu.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It's not Jerry Greene and Mike Bianchi debating this week on Keep'n Score One on One.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Chase

Titusville, FL

#1 May 17, 2007
Why is Grant HIll trying to tell Darko Milicic what to do. Maybe Im reading this wrong but hes already stolen $90 million from us and now he wants to tell a future star how to act. Lets just get this over with now and say goodbye to him. By the way, who wants a 30+ year old washed up injury machine anyways? Please Grant youve damaged our team enough pleeeaaaaaasseee leave!
ForeverFan

AOL

#2 May 17, 2007
Grant Hill - you are a class act! We hope you stay in Orlando!!!
Gramps

Auburndale, FL

#3 May 17, 2007
Chase evidently does not know much about Grant Hill, and by the way, he did not cost the Magic $90 million dollars. Some of his injury absence was covered by insurance. He was one of "only a few" NBA players that shot 50% from the field this year. He did not ask for the injuries and I surely would welcome his return as he is needed both on the floor, in the locker room and in the community. GO MAGIC !!!

Since: May 07

Lake Mary, FL

#4 May 17, 2007
Greed, simply greed and no loyalty to anyone except himself!
We need Hill

Lakeland, FL

#5 May 17, 2007
Grant Hill owes it to the Magic to stay no matter what. He is the reason why this franchise is where they are today, which is absolutely nowhere. He is still an amazing player and we could use him. He owes it to the city of Orlando to stay. Come on Grant, please don't screw a city that has given you a chance and a crap load of money!!

“Extra power”

Since: May 07

Hometown

#6 May 17, 2007
Chase wrote:
Why is Grant HIll trying to tell Darko Milicic what to do. Maybe Im reading this wrong but hes already stolen $90 million from us and now he wants to tell a future star how to act. Lets just get this over with now and say goodbye to him. By the way, who wants a 30+ year old washed up injury machine anyways? Please Grant youve damaged our team enough pleeeaaaaaasseee leave!
Grant Hill is seven-time All-Star, don't forget that.
Stand Tall

Daytona Beach, FL

#7 May 17, 2007
Gramps wrote:
Chase evidently does not know much about Grant Hill, and by the way, he did not cost the Magic $90 million dollars. Some of his injury absence was covered by insurance. He was one of "only a few" NBA players that shot 50% from the field this year. He did not ask for the injuries and I surely would welcome his return as he is needed both on the floor, in the locker room and in the community. GO MAGIC !!!
Your wrong Gramps. o% of his salary was covered by insurance. Grants Daddy took Care of that in 2003. Had Grant played less than 17 games that season, insurance would have picked up the rest of the tab, BUT NO!.... Grants Daddy pressured from the media to let his baby play. The Magic foolishly obliged, he played 26 games (9 over the insurance limit) and down he went.

Grant should have kept his mouth shut when it came to Darko. I agree that it's time for gGrant to go. Enough of the touchy feely feel good bs. We want a winner in Orlando. That means it's time to move on.........
Ben

Carrollton, TX

#8 May 17, 2007
Why would we want Grant to leave? He wouldn't cost us much money, he can still play (14.4 points per game on .518% shooting), he's an asset to the community, and he's a team leader. I'd like to also point out that Hill could have just taken his money and sat on the bench for seven years, but he worked hard to rehabilitate his injured ankle; he truly wanted to play, and busted his rear end to get healthy. I have the utmost respect for him, as does every player in the NBA. It'd be a shame to see him finish his career in another uniform.
Theodore Haynes

Toronto, Canada

#9 May 17, 2007
Brian Hill, Grant Hill, Go HOME!
Theodore Haynes

Toronto, Canada

#10 May 17, 2007
Brian Hill, Grant Hill, GO HOME!
Vejito

Philippines

#11 May 17, 2007
Grant Hill please, one more year.
al thompson

United States

#12 May 17, 2007
see ya! Its been too long already with the downtime . Sorry for your injury shortened seasons but its time you moved on, we can't afford you.
Fans

Farmington, MI

#13 May 17, 2007
Come Home Grant to Detroit

Since: Apr 07

Charlotte, NC

#14 May 17, 2007
If the Magic can keep Grant around for league veteran minimum salary (and I think there is a pretty good chance he would accept) they would be fools not to accept, and we as a community would be even more foolish not to welcome him back.
gabriel98f

United States

#15 May 17, 2007
there's no doubt that grant still has the trick up his sleeves. he can still pull it off 3-4 seasons. so for me retirement is really out of the picture if were just gonna base it on his skills and age.
Magic City

Greer, SC

#16 May 17, 2007
Grant needs to come back and play with the Magic for the veterans minimum or retire. Period!!

His salary basically has left the Magic to compete with the rest of the league with only 2/3rd's of the salary cap for the past 7 years.

If G. Hill decides to go play for a team other than the Magic he should consider moving out of the city because he will no longer be welcome.

Mr Toad

Westport, CT

#17 May 17, 2007
If he wants to play and Orlando offers him a contract regarless of cost he should take it. If they don't want him and he still wants to play then I see no problem if he goes elsewhere. If they want him though and he does want to play, he should stay no matter what. As for the whole Darko comment, it was stupid and he should not have said it. It sounded almost like he was underminding the team.
grant hills

Granada Hills, CA

#18 May 17, 2007
why dont you join Lakers, if possible Grant Hill get it championship ring, who knows God knows.. smile.. best wish for you in the future trade or retire.. tahts up to you. May God with u as Grant Hill. u are wonderful as good player, i know its very diffcult that u have alot of pain.. i dont blame u.. good luck...
Jason Lynx

Kissimmee, FL

#19 May 17, 2007
If Grant stays for a reduced salary... keep him.
Fred

Shreveport, LA

#20 May 17, 2007
Agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web