Suns have lost what made them special

Suns have lost what made them special

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 8, 2008, titled Suns have lost what made them special. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Watching the Phoenix Suns these days, I'm reminded of Melanie, a Woodstock veteran and one of the acclaimed folk singers of the late 1960s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

RLA

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2008
So how many championships have the Suns won? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would rather have sports writers wait until the championship is won to say whether a trade like this actually worked or not. The reason why things slow down in the playoffs is because you play the same team over and over as opposed to playing a different team every other day or so. Shaq will end up being the Suns magic weapon come playoff time.
Who are you kidding

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 8, 2008
Sam, you continue to be one of the few sports writers who combine insight and humor along with the facts.
I'll put my money on your observation. Shaq is kidding himself if they can figure it out by the playoffs.
There are 4 equal or better teams out West and they will be saying sayonara as the Suns set.
Wisconsin Reader

Cornell, WI

#3 Mar 9, 2008
Sam ... The Suns brought the running game back to the NBA. The problem they now have is that several other Western Division teams are playing that way with better personnel. Even with Marion they were not going anywhere in the playoffs this season. Nash, never a strong guy, is breaking down... They depend on 3 point shooting too much and Nash cannot penetrate and score like some other point guards (Paul, Williams, Parker, Davis, Iverson) in the West ... Their only chance is a hybrid game of running and power. But,
since D'Antoni, does not believe in defense it is hard to believe the Suns could defeat the Spurs in a series.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web