rising sun

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The last time Grant Hill changed teams, everything went so wrong. This time, it just feels right.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Zak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 10, 2007
 
He should wear a paper sack over his head when he play's here,for shame for how he left when he finally got healthy.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 10, 2007
 
Good for you Grant.

Break a leg!
buttermilk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 10, 2007
 
Grant Hill should be embarrassed to even show his face at Amway Arena.

Thanks for nothing Hill...
sour grapes

Cluj-napoca, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 10, 2007
 
there you go again being stupid and posting hate-comments. that's all you can do isn't it. I hope all of you will be at the game booing grant hill. and I hope the ceiling falls on you.
boothead

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 10, 2007
 
Why do they mention that it was a mutual agreement when he left, then a few lines down say he rejected the magic's offer?

Grant Hill had his chance to stay and give a little back to the team he took so much from, but he said no.

So I say Grant, all your smiles, all your manners, all the intelligent things you say, can't make up for the fact that you are just a shmuck that used my team. And because of that I will boo you at tonights game and every game you play, for the rest of my life.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 10, 2007
 
I still don't get how people can be bitter towards Hill. The man didn't sign for Orlando knowing that he would spend a vast portion of the next 7 years in the treatment room. It wasn't as if he came to the Magic with malicious intent to damage the team.

When he was healthy, he gave everything he had to the team. And given that most players probably would have retired - still taking the money, no less - had they suffered what Hill has suffered, the very fact that he persevered for seven years to honour his contract means that I have nothing but respect for him.

I was sad to see him go, and it is a shame that things never worked out with him and the Magic, but it was best for both parties to move on. I am glad to see him enjoying what will likely be the last couple of years of his playing career.
Ryaoni

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 10, 2007
 
Boo him and make him shite himself
MAGIC FAN

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 10, 2007
 
boothead wrote:
Why do they mention that it was a mutual agreement when he left, then a few lines down say he rejected the magic's offer?
Grant Hill had his chance to stay and give a little back to the team he took so much from, but he said no.
So I say Grant, all your smiles, all your manners, all the intelligent things you say, can't make up for the fact that you are just a shmuck that used my team. And because of that I will boo you at tonights game and every game you play, for the rest of my life.
because the magic never wanted him to stay...they low balled him an offer knowing that he would not take it. The magic did not want him and it was time to move on thats it...i hope people are complete idiots and do not boo him...I'll be there and will stand and cheer for g hill when he is announced for giving us everything he had for those seven heartbreak years...and believe me when i say it was more heartbreaking for him than us
Jamie

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 10, 2007
 
The reason why so many people dislaike Grant Hill here is because he stood behind him through every single injury. We wanted to see him healthy and play. No one said crap about him sitting on the bench taking all that salray thus killing the Magic's hopes of putting together a winning team. The very minute he gets healthy he leaves town!!!! What a bunch of B.S. It wasn't mutual. I remember Otis saying that he didn't expect Grant to leave. We all thought Grant was different but like all aging all-stars he left for that last chance to win a championship. Good luck to him but shame on him for not staying!!
amazed

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 10, 2007
 
Let it go! The Magic are off to a great start and Grant has found happiness out west. The man was actually near death (staph infection) because of repeatedly trying to come back and "earn" his contract. He still is and always will be a class act. Memo to Grant: THANKS FOR GIVING YOUR ALL!
Scott

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 10, 2007
 
With any luck Hill will be home in May and the Magic will be working.
Grant is garbage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 10, 2007
 
I hope he goes up for a rebound and comes down on someone's foot and rolls his ankle... he's a greedy piece of crap. He played for a total of 200 games for Orlando and earned 93 million dollars... that's $465000 per game. Good luck in the desert Grant, I hope you get bit by a scorpion.
overit

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 10, 2007
 
Mitchell from the UK typical brit wuusy response to a spineless wussy shell of a man?,grant hill, this guy sucks the franchise dry then turns around and stabs us in the back with a refusal to pay back the faithful here but instead gets a fresh start? and is now healthy? with the suns? Not only will I boo the gutless lowlife but I hope he shatters his ankle into a million pieces sometime this season then he can go back to his true love of collecting art.
Mitchell UK wrote:
I still don't get how people can be bitter towards Hill. The man didn't sign for Orlando knowing that he would spend a vast portion of the next 7 years in the treatment room. It wasn't as if he came to the Magic with malicious intent to damage the team.
When he was healthy, he gave everything he had to the team. And given that most players probably would have retired - still taking the money, no less - had they suffered what Hill has suffered, the very fact that he persevered for seven years to honour his contract means that I have nothing but respect for him.
I was sad to see him go, and it is a shame that things never worked out with him and the Magic, but it was best for both parties to move on. I am glad to see him enjoying what will likely be the last couple of years of his playing career.
Gladstoned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 10, 2007
 
I am surprised that some comments excuse Grant Hill of all responsibility in the negotiations of his latest contract. He took the minimum allowed with The Suns, so I can not begin to even think he was not offered the same amount from the Magic, he only thought he had a better chance at a ring with Pheonix, nice loyalty Gimpy Hill. And at that rate, why would it matter what we offered him, considering he made $95 million doing nothing but wearing a suit to the games. Not only did Grant Hill become the worst sports deal in the history of any league, he would often wait until after the exception could be given to the Magic to cry and ask to not play anymore, handicapping the Magic even more! Yes, he is classy, but he showed no class in bolting the team after collecting his disability contract.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 10, 2007
 
overit wrote:
Mitchell from the UK typical brit wuusy response to a spineless wussy shell of a man?,grant hill, this guy sucks the franchise dry then turns around and stabs us in the back with a refusal to pay back the faithful here but instead gets a fresh start? and is now healthy? with the suns? Not only will I boo the gutless lowlife but I hope he shatters his ankle into a million pieces sometime this season then he can go back to his true love of collecting art. <quoted text>
Wow, big, brave, mature man, insulting someone at the other end of an Internet connection. Well done, you are a credit to yourself.

So you are under the impression that Hill 'sucked the franchise dry' on purpose? Let me ask you this:

I don't know what you do, but let's assume it is something that requires the use of your eyes. You get an eye infection which prevents you from working. What do you do? Give your pay check back? No, thought not.

And if, once your infection has healed, another company offers you a job. You go to your current employer - the one who stuck by you through your illness - and tell them this. They say "Sorry, but we can't offer you similar status here - this is all we've got." The deal they offer you is inferior to the job proposition from the other company. Which one do you take? You take the one that is best for your career, yourself, and your family.

Phoenix offered Hill a greater role on the team, whereas Orlando wanted him to be a bench guy for 20 minutes a night. For a guy who has had his livlihood - playing basketball - taken away from him for so long, what do you think the best choice is? Going to the place that will give him the minutes. So get down off your high horse - Hill didn't do anything that you or anyone else wouldn't have done. Hill went through multiple surgeries and years of physio, and nearly died from a staph infection just to honour the contract he was given by the Magic - a true fan would recognise that as repayment enough.
Gladstoned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 10, 2007
 
And Mitchell, how is collecting Millions of Dollars for watching games live that people pay money to see, somehow perseverance? That is a huge stretch of the word, look it up. Why not also call him a Hero while you are at it for having a Mansion, A talentless wife that was given a bribe contract, and for sucking the magic dry of money to the end effect of the Magic now raping the fans with their new TV Deal (yes, it is 100% the Magic's fault, not Brighthouse or FSN). Throwing monikers about like Hero, Perseverance, struggle, shows Mitchell is not really all with it, or do you also call the Homecoming Queen a victim and brave for going through with all of that difficult pampering, oh poor privileged ones, how bad they have it,....riiiiggghhhhttt!
Gladstoned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 10, 2007
 
One last note, please fans, do not Boo him, that makes us look classless. Grant Hill is considered to be one of the worst deals by most all experts, so show class on our end, even if Hill showed no more class than the next gangsta out for your money only. Don't Boo, it won't upset Hill and will only make us look like losers! Hill is a Loser, no need to join him.
MAGIC FAN

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 10, 2007
 
Gladstoned wrote:
And Mitchell, how is collecting Millions of Dollars for watching games live that people pay money to see, somehow perseverance? That is a huge stretch of the word, look it up. Why not also call him a Hero while you are at it for having a Mansion, A talentless wife that was given a bribe contract, and for sucking the magic dry of money to the end effect of the Magic now raping the fans with their new TV Deal (yes, it is 100% the Magic's fault, not Brighthouse or FSN). Throwing monikers about like Hero, Perseverance, struggle, shows Mitchell is not really all with it, or do you also call the Homecoming Queen a victim and brave for going through with all of that difficult pampering, oh poor privileged ones, how bad they have it,....riiiiggghhhhttt!
wow...its said that we have to call you a magic fan

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 10, 2007
 
Gladstoned wrote:
And Mitchell, how is collecting Millions of Dollars for watching games live that people pay money to see, somehow perseverance? That is a huge stretch of the word, look it up.
Perseverance? Perhaps you should look it up? Because I would call going through multiple surgeries and rehabs, not to mention a near fatal staph infection, just to play basketball, persevering.
Gladstoned wrote:
Why not also call him a Hero while you are at it for having a Mansion, A talentless wife that was given a bribe contract, and for sucking the magic dry of money to the end effect of the Magic now raping the fans with their new TV Deal (yes, it is 100% the Magic's fault, not Brighthouse or FSN).
What the hell are you babbling about? What does his house, or his wife have to do with him being physically unable to play basketball for 5 out of 7 years? And are you really so naïve as to absolve Brighthouse and FSN of blame in the TV deal? Newsflash - Brighthouse and FSN are the ones digging in their heals and stubbornly refusing to broadcast the games, not the Magic.
Gladstoned wrote:
Throwing monikers about like Hero, Perseverance, struggle, shows Mitchell is not really all with it, or do you also call the Homecoming Queen a victim and brave for going through with all of that difficult pampering, oh poor privileged ones, how bad they have it,....riiiiggghhhhttt!
Er, genius - you were the one who just threw the word ‘hero’ into the mix, at the beginning of your post. Scroll up a little way and you’ll see it. My point was simply that Grant Hill signed a contract, with no knowledge that his future involved spending most of his time rehabbing rather than playing. If you have a day off sick at work, do you give the money back? Will you turn down future job offers because of the dose of ‘flu you had back in 2004? No. Hill signed a 7 year deal, and he saw it out. He gave his best when his was able to play, and that is all anyone should ask of him.
MAGIC FAN

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 10, 2007
 
i meant sad*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grant Hill Discussions

Search the Grant Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... May '14 Eleanor 1
Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••