Ten games after trading for Shaq, may...

Ten games after trading for Shaq, maybe Suns aren 't so dumb af...

There are 41 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 9, 2008, titled Ten games after trading for Shaq, maybe Suns aren 't so dumb af.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Amare Stoudemire, seated at his locker, was rolling along with his postgame remarks Sunday afternoon when a huge gray bath towel came floating over the media horde that surrounded him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A New Day

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Mar 9, 2008
I do think Shaq in the play-offs may help the Suns...but the lose of Marion might have them miss the play-offs all together.

And Shaq staying healthy is certainly not a "sure thing".
True Fan

Branford, FL

#2 Mar 9, 2008
What is this the third game of the year he played well. 20 mil for a couple of good games, you can have him. I will always respect him for helping us win a championship but he is washed up and I sure am glad he is not with the Heat anymore. I would much rather have Marion at his age and ability then the wore out diesel!
420fresh420

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Mar 9, 2008
We need DERRICK ROSE!
BeGeezus

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2008
Today Los Suns risked total embarassment. Shaq can only do that every so often. They are not going to win it all this year, and next regular season should be an agonizing experience for the Sun's franchise and fans. I look forward to seeing the Lakers and Suns face off. provided the Suns make the playoffs. Nothing is a given, except that Shaq only competes about 20% of the time. That, to me, is not worth his big fat contract anymore. His bad attitude lives in the shade of his big persona, but not for long. The Suns don't have the cakewalk the Heat had to the finals.
shaq apologist

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Mar 10, 2008
4-6 is waaaayy better than 3-7? really seems like one game better to be. bernadino is a jerkarse
Fat pig

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Mar 10, 2008
Los(s) Suns are dumb! Shaq is an overstuffed turkey. As far as Marion goes, don't expect much; the guy doesn't even shoot a jumper from 3 point range. I thought the set shot was something gone by the way side years ago.....
JETTATTACK

Durham, NC

#7 Mar 10, 2008
Told ya so.

Miss ya big fellow!

Message to dummies (aka sports writers).

If you go to alaska and sign-up a penguin, you need to give him time to adjust to tropical weather.

Shaq is that penguin. He was playing a different type of game with the Miami Heat. A game that belonged in the Artics, a game that did not require Shaq playing on edge, full go, with boundless abandon.

This penquin is now shedding the Alaskan fat and is showing what the heart of a champion really look like.

The best is yet to come.

You dummies heard it here first.

JETTASHAQ
Bye Bye

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Mar 10, 2008
He plays well - when he wants to.

The reason that this was a good deal for everyone is: In Miami, he stopped wanting to play well.
dane

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Mar 10, 2008
the roger clemens of basketball
Max

Lake Worth, FL

#11 Mar 10, 2008
Bye Bye wrote:
He plays well - when he wants to.
The reason that this was a good deal for everyone is: In Miami, he stopped wanting to play well.
Absolutely correct. He's the worst example of a professional athlete now - he wants megabucks to play when he feels like it.
hypocrite land

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Mar 10, 2008
If you're over 35 years of age, he's become our new George Forman, you can't help but cheer for him, he should come out with a Shaq O Neal barbacue grill to compete with George's.
hunt the FAT BAER

AOL

#13 Mar 10, 2008
a 325 lb piece of crap,,,wow,:: now he can play basketball?? milked the heat dry last couple of years,,,yea can you imagine,, running for sherrif?? good ridence
G MONEY

United States

#14 Mar 10, 2008
He is the BIG JERK cares about nobody but himself why do you think this scrub of a personal trainer made his WIFE LEAVE HIM?
Kevin

Miami, FL

#15 Mar 10, 2008
Relax Mikey, it's only one game. He'll go back to being sub-par for the next four like he did with the heat
James

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Mar 10, 2008
This Sun-Sentinel writer may need to switch sports. We hear in PHX know we got the short end of the Shaq deal but what do you expect from this organization. You guys don't know what you have in 'Pat Rielly". He is the best NBA coach ever and pulled of a great trade in unloading Shaq. Shaq is out of diesel fuel. Shaq was amost on empty at his last championship in Miami.
Max

Lake Worth, FL

#17 Mar 10, 2008
James wrote:
This Sun-Sentinel writer may need to switch sports. We hear in PHX know we got the short end of the Shaq deal but what do you expect from this organization. You guys don't know what you have in 'Pat Rielly". He is the best NBA coach ever and pulled of a great trade in unloading Shaq. Shaq is out of diesel fuel. Shaq was amost on empty at his last championship in Miami.
That's exactly right. That's why he kept telling his teamates the following year that the regular season didn't mean anything. Just make the playoffs and we'll win it all. Yeah, right Shaq. As you know, they didn't make it through the first round.
david

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 10, 2008
thanks for your great write up on shaq and the suns,
berardino. i said it when all the taunts about shaq being old was thrown at him when he left miami for phoenix. as an honest miami heat fan, i wish shaq nothing but a great finish in his great career. he, with the help of wade, gave miami heat their only chmapionship. and for that i will be always grateful to him. i know and believe he still has a lot in his tank. personally, i can see shaq playing at a high level till he's 39 years old. after all, let's face, he's a kid when you compare him to the barry bonds, randy johnsons, roger clemences, pj browns, dale davis, sam cassell, who are still active in baseball/basketball. shaq is truly a gift to the nba, american sports, and world sports. best wishes to you o'neal. again, great write up berardino.
Rickey

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Mar 10, 2008
If you notice, he only plays well when the games are on ABC (national tv). So far, he hasn't done much for the Suns with the exception of rebounding. They were number 1 at one point and have fallen to 5th or 6th. They'll make the playoffs, but will miss Marion's speed, defense, and fast breaks. I wish them well.
RickyBlaque

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Mar 10, 2008
david wrote:
thanks for your great write up on shaq and the suns,
berardino. i said it when all the taunts about shaq being old was thrown at him when he left miami for phoenix. as an honest miami heat fan, i wish shaq nothing but a great finish in his great career. he, with the help of wade, gave miami heat their only chmapionship. and for that i will be always grateful to him. i know and believe he still has a lot in his tank. personally, i can see shaq playing at a high level till he's 39 years old. after all, let's face, he's a kid when you compare him to the barry bonds, randy johnsons, roger clemences, pj browns, dale davis, sam cassell, who are still active in baseball/basketball. shaq is truly a gift to the nba, american sports, and world sports. best wishes to you o'neal. again, great write up berardino.
You and Beradino sure have a short memory. This is the same Shaq who quit on the Heat. Why do you Shaq lovers overlook his faults and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Shaq is a selfish ingrate whom the media too often gives a free pass to. I don't credit Shaq for doing anything during that championship two years ago. I credit the real heros, Wade, Zo and Haslem. Thats who really stepped up.
nba analyst

United States

#21 Mar 10, 2008
shaq don't fit in phoenix. period.

if the shaq don't fit, you must quit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelly Sterling agrees to sell Clippers to ex-M... (May '14) May '14 Eleanor 1
News Clippers sign 7-time All-Star Grant Hill (Jul '12) Jul '12 ClipperDj 2
News Phoenix Suns facing big decisions, looking for ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 CarverSucks 1
News No Rose, no problem for Bulls (Jan '12) Jan '12 NO WHITE GUILT 1
News UTEP Miner apologizes for tweet on gays (Jun '11) Jun '11 PreparationH 13
News Michelle Obama Promotes Fitness: First Lady Hos... (May '11) May '11 Jess0922 1
News COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Andy Enfield set for Div. I... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Jughead 3
More from around the web