O'Neal's role the big key

Aug 23, 2010 Read more: Lowell Sun
Shaquille O'Neal carved out a place among the dominant big men in NBA history. Now, the 38-year-old needs to carve out some space on the Boston Celtics' bench. Read more
zappo777

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Aug 23, 2010
Celtics need a good confident shooter to keep the tempo up---w/o this key player teams will exploit the celtics the way the lakers did in 4th quarter and second half of regular season---carmelo anthony would be a good fit------

Since: Apr 07

United States

#3 Aug 24, 2010
Hold up...

I still can't figure out why getting O'Neil was a needed. You've already got a starter in Perkins, then they obtain Jermaine O'Neil for backup, THEN they get "The Big Compromise" for six more big fouls in a conference that actually got smaller!

Against the Heat - why do you need 18 fouls in the low post aginst a center like Illgouskus? The Magic drafted a center, but chances are he may be dealt and Gortat gives them the same situation they have dealt with over the last two years. Neither O'Neil can defend pick and roll, so WTF vs. the Magic.

Not to mention that an old team just got OLDER.

Neither O'Neil is going to give you 15. pts a game, neither is going to give you 5 blocks per, and only Perkins is going to give you double digit anything on a regular basis. What the Celtics have done is purchased the most expensive 12 fouls in basketball history.
james woodard

Cerritos, CA

#4 Aug 27, 2010
i believe with shaq, coming to boston, bost will be unstoppable, and stronger that ever. If they do not win a championship with this squad. something is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glen Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Should the Orlando Magic Keep Looking for a Bet... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Boston Celtics: Three Serious Free Agents for D... (Jun '11) Jun '11 shaq 1
News Celtics, Heat knew they were on collision course (Apr '11) Apr '11 french gypsy 23 4
News Celtics practice without knowing next opponent (Apr '11) Apr '11 Cobra 1
News Rondo points Celtics to victory in return to li... (Jan '11) Jan '11 ggg 1
More from around the web