Heat waiting on decision from free-ag...

Heat waiting on decision from free-agent guard Mo Williams

There are 62 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 11, 2007, titled Heat waiting on decision from free-agent guard Mo Williams. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

After Orlando made its move in free agency Wednesday, Heat coach Pat Riley arrived at the Magic's practice facility still hopeful of landing a counterpunch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
da king

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jul 12, 2007
i think that i read something like if we get MO... we will trade j will for corey magette from the clippers... if so i really like that
Chris V

New York, NY

#3 Jul 12, 2007
"It's a learning process."
Excuse me for asking, but shouldn't a first round pick already learned how to shoot?
El cubano

Miami, FL

#4 Jul 12, 2007
The heat is on Pat Riley: with all other teams getting better in the Eastern Conference, The Heat is getting worse!!!
Pat looks hopeless, counting now on Zo loves, but Zo was clear about improving!
El cubano

Miami, FL

#5 Jul 12, 2007
From Charlotte to Pat:
"Thank you for Jared Dudley!!
From Houston to Pat:
"Thank you for Arron Brooks!"
From Philly to Pat:
"Thank for Jason Smith"
From Ind: "Thank you for the 39!!!"
We all Cooked you!!!!
Matt

Miami, FL

#6 Jul 12, 2007
Please make backup center a priority on this Heat team. We need a banger and someone to replace Mourning. That would be Mikki Moore.
Will

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jul 12, 2007
Man every body's making big moves but Miami. Mo would've been gotten signed but we have Haslen & Walker making All-Star dallars and they don't even average 20pts- COMBINDED
Will

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jul 12, 2007
Check out sick duoes in the EAST:
-Pierce & Allen
-Richerson & Wallace
-Howard & Lewis
-Curry & Randolph
Money is a major issue in Miami. It seems Pat cant afford anyone.
All the eggs

New York, NY

#9 Jul 12, 2007
...are in this Mo basket. Something creative better happen just short of backing up the truck. Just think...in 04, instead of watching Wright taking these baby steps, Heat fans could've had Jameer Nelson all this time at the point. Riley is paying the price now - big time.
Candorman

Washington, PA

#10 Jul 12, 2007
Reading that Riley is in the forefront controling the ship's helm in this most recent personnel debacle attempting to get his foundering team back on course, my only thought is women, children, and me first. Pat is about as good at judging young talent as Nick Satan.
absolutely correct

New York, NY

#11 Jul 12, 2007
How true. What is he...about 1 (Wade, not even his first choice)out of 10 ??
Ruben

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Jul 12, 2007
1st pick this year D. COOK ??? Are you in a COMA ?? HE STUNK IN COLLEGE. Lost Gerald Wallace, who the Heat should have went after. Heat worrying about Mo Williams ?? He turns over the ball too MUCH. With a backcourt of Mo Williams and DWade the Miami Heat would average 15 - 17 turnovers just the both of them. You have some REAL EGGHEADS SCOUTS there in MIAMI. And Riley is braindead.
What

Taipei, Taiwan

#13 Jul 12, 2007
Why trade Jason Smith for Cook......
Mo money

New York, NY

#14 Jul 12, 2007
Bartelstein must be a good agent with his latest squeeze play. The Heat are getting played big time.
El cubano

Miami, FL

#15 Jul 12, 2007
We do love you, Zo! Do not come back! Take care of yourself and your family!

Heatcounty!!
tas

Hollywood, FL

#16 Jul 12, 2007
pick up steve francis!!!!
horrible football teams

Winter Garden, FL

#17 Jul 12, 2007
If we dont get Mo', then we have to try to get Steve Francis. Is the logical choice for this team. We need an explosive pg since we couldn't get an explosive SF to support DW. Lets just hope Mo goes with his heart not with the money....(yeah right!!!!)but we could hope ...right!!!
brandon

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Jul 12, 2007
I am about to cancel my season tickets, if pat doesnt get his stuff together here. That draft had to be the worst draft ever!!

Hey Pat: keep making stupid moves, and keep watching while shaq slipps into retirement and wade gets sick of your crap!
MatT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jul 12, 2007
Pat are you kidding me, we see you in orlando sitting there during summer ball, doing absolutley nothing, get on your freaking plane and start making some moves here. a elementary P.E. coach can make better trades than you can right now..
Max

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Jul 12, 2007
Do really think that Mo Williams will get any shots playing along side Wade ??? Wade wants to be the SHOW. It's the Shaq and Wade show. That's why players in the NBA know this, and don't want to come there in Miami to play. I hope the Cleveland Cav's get Jason Williams away from the HEAT. THEY NEED a GOOD point guard who makes other players BETTER, I'd give the HEAT back Damon Jones who is a waste, and a joke, Cav's will be back in the Finals with JWILL. Riley make the trade for Jason Williams.
dwayde07mvp

Winter Park, FL

#21 Jul 12, 2007
Man its like this since the heat cannot afford any of this fools Pat should go over seas like the Spurs do and get some good shooters at a cheaper price forget about defense for a min thats the only possible way they will smell the playoffs next year. By the way is Shaq 36 or 38 i dont know and still got 2 yeas left on his deal word up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerald Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aldridge scores 28 in Blazers' 98-78 win over Cavs (Jan '12) Jan '12 tim 3
News Bobcats 108, Timberwolves 105 (OT): The pattern... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fan 1
News NBA suspends Bobcats' Jackson for berating ref (Nov '10) Nov '10 B-B Fan 1
News Timberwolves show their age in late meltdown ag... (Nov '10) Nov '10 DD Austin 13
News Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard wins second strai... (Apr '10) May '10 money man 2
News Former Cleveland Cavaliers guard Larry Hughes i... (Mar '10) Apr '10 Tiffany 18
News Caught in the Web: Lakers' loss to Charlotte ra... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Cat Fan 1
More from around the web