Chicago Bulls' picks at 16 and 26 an unimpressive lot

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Simmie Hill, Cliff Pondexter, Ron Artest and Rodney Carney , come on down! Sam Worthen, Ricky Frazier and Mark Randall, there's room for you on Memory Lane too.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
barracks of husein-osama

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

within 2 days, hinrich will be traded to the blazers, hopefully for rudy fernandez. tt will be gone before the summer's out, as will tim thomas, miller, gordon, maybe deng. our team will look quite different next year. maybe we can trade some expiring contracts for stoudamire or bosh. the only three that will definitely be here next year are rose, salmons, and noah.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

barracks of husein-osama wrote:
within 2 days, hinrich will be traded to the blazers, hopefully for rudy fernandez. tt will be gone before the summer's out, as will tim thomas, miller, gordon, maybe deng. our team will look quite different next year. maybe we can trade some expiring contracts for stoudamire or bosh. the only three that will definitely be here next year are rose, salmons, and noah.
Other than Gordon........I can live with that.
BigTen11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Trad the picks and get someone that will contribute right away.
Sharp Shooter

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Based on the NCAA website there are 343 Division I Basketball teams and let's say an average of 11 players per team, that gives us 3773 players eligible for the NBA draft since players only have to be out of HS one season (thus all freshman are eligible). Add the unknown number of international players and that number must be over 5000 possible players. Now, the Bulls have pick #16 and #26 and the writer is trying to convince me that out of that pool the Bulls can't find ANY impressive players? Wow, the Bulls must have some VERY high standards.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Sharp Shooter wrote:
, the Bulls must have some VERY high standards.
Or weak scouts..........
Steve

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Dude! Portland is not giving up Rudy Fernandez for Kirk H. Nobody will take TT because all he can do is jump! We have to live with these guys and hope that Rose can make them better or we get some players that can do more than just shoot threes or dunk. Gordon's line in his huge game against Boston 42,0,1. One dimensional.
barracks of husein-osama

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Sharp Shooter wrote:
Based on the NCAA website there are 343 Division I Basketball teams and let's say an average of 11 players per team, that gives us 3773 players eligible for the NBA draft since players only have to be out of HS one season (thus all freshman are eligible). Add the unknown number of international players and that number must be over 5000 possible players. Now, the Bulls have pick #16 and #26 and the writer is trying to convince me that out of that pool the Bulls can't find ANY impressive players? Wow, the Bulls must have some VERY high standards.
do you even watch basketball or better yet do you know how to read? the article is about the bad picks we had at 16 and 26 in our history. also yes, the nba does have very high standards, at picks 16 and 26 you're more than likely to get a very unimpressive player.
marc

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

can you not draft ? tell the league you rather make trades or sign free agents rather than pick some college guys you don' t want.
hmmmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

yeah thank god
hmmmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

trade the picks for lebron
Greg

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

CaptainObvious wrote:
Hansbrough has colossal NBA bust written all over him. He would be a Krumbs-like mistake. And in the world of mistakes, that means a huge one.
He'll make it. He's the next Dave Cowens.
barracks of husein-osama

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Steve wrote:
Dude! Portland is not giving up Rudy Fernandez for Kirk H. Nobody will take TT because all he can do is jump! We have to live with these guys and hope that Rose can make them better or we get some players that can do more than just shoot threes or dunk. Gordon's line in his huge game against Boston 42,0,1. One dimensional.
why not? rudy fernandez doesn't fit on that team, he'll never get enough minutes with brandon roy at the two. portland wants a decent PG, that's kirk hinrich, we'll probably have to take on pryzbilla's contract maybe some other garbage, and we may have to give up someone else to make it work, but hey
Steve

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

barracks of husein-osama wrote:
<quoted text>
why not? rudy fernandez doesn't fit on that team, he'll never get enough minutes with brandon roy at the two. portland wants a decent PG, that's kirk hinrich, we'll probably have to take on pryzbilla's contract maybe some other garbage, and we may have to give up someone else to make it work, but hey
I see your point but there are probably alot better options out there than Kirk Hinrich. I just don't think you make moves just to fill a spot. Especially when your giving up that much. What do you think about Sam Young?
Stretch

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Sam Young is a nice player but is already 24. Blair makes more sense.
Stretch

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Why trade Kirk? He's by far our best defender
barracks of husein-osama

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Stretch wrote:
Why trade Kirk? He's by far our best defender
bulls don't want to pay 10 mil for him to come off the bench. if there is any player that i'd like, it's derozan, he can be like rudy gay.
RandyC

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

barracks is prolly one of the most informed people on here that i've seen. his first comment is pretty much the truth next year's team will be pretty much overhauled.

portland likes hinrich and have for a long time. they want a point guard that compliments roy. if hinrich is on that team their starting 5 looks a whole lot better.
Boston BullsFan

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Some how Minnesota was looking to stock pile draft picks. Couldn't Pax and Co traded down with Minnie?

The last time we had a draft this underwhelming Krause had 2 first rounders, I think, and 3 2nd rounders. What a waste.
Greg

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2009

Boston BullsFan wrote:
Some how Minnesota was looking to stock pile draft picks. Couldn't Pax and Co traded down with Minnie?
The last time we had a draft this underwhelming Krause had 2 first rounders, I think, and 3 2nd rounders. What a waste.
Who were they? Curry and Chandler?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gerald Henderson Discussions

Search the Gerald Henderson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
Bobcats survive Raptors to win Monday afternoon... Jan '14 Sam 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Charlotte Bobcats Should Not ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jay 1
Silas won't return as coach of NBA-worst Bobcats (Apr '12) May '12 Blower 2
Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
Rockets get 82-70 win in Charlotte (Jan '12) Jan '12 clegg 1
Dick Vitale Already Riding the Duke Bandwagon. ... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Robert Warren 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••