Big men on Chicago Bulls draft radar

Full story: Chicago Tribune

That the Bulls brought back Ohio State center B.J. Mullens and Pittsburgh forward DeJuan Blair for a second workout Tuesday sheds some light on their thought process as Thursday's NBA draft approaches.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2009
barracks of husein-osama

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 23, 2009
obviously there will be only crap by the time our chance to pick comes around. mullens will be comparable to say a poverty stricken man's andrew bogut, blair is a ruben patterson. i say we trade up to get derozan who has about 75% of the skill as rudy gay. btw, curry will score 12 pt/g in his prime and rubio is the second coming of nash.
Wayne

Weihai, China

#3 Jun 23, 2009
With their second pick in the first round, the Bulls GM says the team may choose someone who will play in Europe or who already has a European contract. But what if someone they want is still on the board at that point in the draft? Do they select that player, or try to pinch pennies with the Europe thing in order to maintain cap space for the future? Perhaps a tough choice. I'd go for the player that I really want. Forget about pinching pennies if someone decent is available. Only save money if you can't find someone that you like.
TONY B

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Blair chosen if we keep the pick, as he might be kind of like Jason Maxiell (with less hops?). Haven't seen enough of Mullens, I just know that he hasn't played a whole lot. If we could move up, Henderson would give us an opportunity to bring a potentially solid pro into the mix for the future. He has an NBA body/game and is a good guy. So, basically, if we keep the 16th pick, I'm going to reserve judgement until I see them play in the NBA. And if they fail, I won't place too much blame on Gar or the organization; this is not an easy pick.
Trapper

Hickory Hills, IL

#5 Jun 24, 2009
what the bulls need to do is trade these picks for some proven nba players and build around what they have. No more drafting! you've drafted bg, kirk, tyrus, luol, jokiem and derrick. now is the time to build around them with the signing of free agents and trades, like the miller/salmons. you can't build a championship team and every year bringing in 3 rookies. look at the bulls of the 90's. they drafted mj, scottie, horace, traded for cartwright, signed vets like cliff levinston and hodges to come in for a few minutes and contribute. can you name one player that the bulls drafted after winning those rings that stuck on the roster? no, because they had no need for one.....
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#6 Jun 24, 2009
Considering the Bulls have very little strength on the inside, i think they'd be better off with Blair if he's still around at #16. He'd most likely be penciled in at the SF position with Luol Deng, who is actually pretty weak when he's on the inside, so i could see Blair being a nice counter balance to Deng at that position.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jun 24, 2009
The Bulls need 2 sell this team 2 an ownership group that cares about winning.
deputydawg

Clarksville, TN

#8 Jun 25, 2009
Would have preferred shooting guard type for 2nd pick Jodie Meeks or Ellington makig Gordon expendible. I don't care how much you think he helps you can get a one-dimensional shooter for a lot less than Gordon wants and he just might play some defense, Budinger would be better at least he has some length.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerald Henderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
Bobcats survive Raptors to win Monday afternoon... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sam 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Charlotte Bobcats Should Not ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jay 1
Silas won't return as coach of NBA-worst Bobcats (Apr '12) May '12 Blower 2
Bobcats Beat Warriors 112-100 (Jan '12) Jan '12 dfgb 2
Rockets get 82-70 win in Charlotte (Jan '12) Jan '12 clegg 1
Dick Vitale Already Riding the Duke Bandwagon. ... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Robert Warren 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gerald Henderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••