Celtics sources: Boston to acquire Ke...

Celtics sources: Boston to acquire Kevin Garnett -- OrlandoSent...

There are 6 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 30, 2007, titled Celtics sources: Boston to acquire Kevin Garnett -- OrlandoSent.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Kevin Garnett is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics agreed to acquire the all-star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told The Associated Press on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

WhatsupDOC

Whitehall, PA

#1 Jul 30, 2007
Doc is desperately in need of a playoff qualifier, or he will be out on his butt. Look who the Celtics have given up for two thirty-somethings....great players NOW, but where will they be in 2-3 years? Just the opposite of the Magic....lets see whose philosophy wins out....
magic Man

Roxboro, NC

#2 Jul 30, 2007
So the Celtics now have Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Garnett in the line up? Watch out Magic and everyone else in the Eastern Conference, Boston will be mighty hard to stop for the next two years. After that all those guys will be old and Boston will have traded the future away for today. That gamble may just result in a ring for them though.
Colombiano

Orlando, FL

#3 Jul 30, 2007
The Celtics would be good for 2 or 3 years. Allen and KG are almost done and Pierce is always hurt. Also they have no bench since they have traded so many players to bring two guys.

If one of their 3 key players get hurt......that's about it for them.

I don't wish them good luck because I want my magic to win.
tre

Fairburn, GA

#4 Jul 30, 2007
how do you say pierce is always hurt?
He missed about 30 games in 98, and about 35 games last year, otherwise he has played in all of them. Get your facts straight before you bash on PP.
Magic Juan

Orlando, FL

#5 Jul 30, 2007
Boston is giving too much for Garnett. He is one of the best players in the league, but Jefferson, Telfair, Ratliff, Green, Gomez and 2 1st draft picks....way too much. This move is as bad as when the magic overpaid Lewis.

Jefferson, and Green and good players in the making. I would take them any day on my team.

Good move for the Timberwolves. They are the winners here.

Ohhh an Pierce is not always hurt, but watch next year that he will not play for more that 60 games. He will never be 100% again.
fanofthemagic

Denver, CO

#6 Jul 31, 2007
Now is the time for Otis to make a trade with Portland. Bogans for Frye, Also Arroyo & the the rights to Fran V. for Martell Webster and Jarret Jack.This would put the Magic back on top in the East, at least for 1 year as 7 contracts would expire at seasons end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerald Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Are Winslow, Whiteside ready to lead? (Sep '15) Oct '15 Fart news 4
News NBA Trade Rumors: Indiana Pacers Could Look at ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 D smooth 1
News Report: Mavs Bring Back Diop, Sign Green (Jul '08) Jul '08 Percy Lindsey 1
News Lakers, Celtics make all the right moves (Jun '08) Jun '08 KB24MVP 7
News Paul Forrester: Gerald Green waiting for anothe... (Mar '08) Mar '08 rrenault 2
News Kirk Snyder has been better than expected for M... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Paul 1
News Rockets Sign Mike Harris to 10-Day Contract (Mar '08) Mar '08 Jane Doe 1
More from around the web