Beaten, benched

After four straight games against NBA heavyweights, the stars were aligned in the Timberwolves' favor Monday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
P-O-S

Saint Paul, MN

#41 Dec 17, 2008
boognish wrote:
What a mess. The fact that McHale and the rest of the front office thought this team was capable of winning 30 more games than they did last year just shows how out of touch with reality they are.
It's fine for a team to be unathletic, if they are a bunch of bruisers. And it's okay for a team to be finesse, if they have extreme athleticism. But this team is undersized, unathletic and slow. It makes very little sense how this team was constructed, and that falls on McHale, Hoiberg and Stack.
Please Mr. Taylor. Get rid of the entire front office and start fresh, with a new head coach and an experienced GM. If you just promote another "country club" member like Hoiberg or Stack, this franchise is doomed. The entire culture of this organization needs to change, and the sooner the better.
What a sad state of affairs.
Great assessment and points. I am not that concerned about getting an experienced GM, but someone that's been around a winning organization. I don't think getting a retread is necessarilly the answer, but getting rid of the entire front office is a must. A major flushing of this organization is the answer. I still wonder how Glen Taylor can be a billionaire after allowing this business to flounder so long.
Ed D

Seattle, WA

#42 Dec 17, 2008
Cavs and Lebron tonight...0-6 potentially under McFail coaching eye. I love how McFail blamed the media and bloggers the other day. hilarious. It's like McFail just wanted to avoid any sort of criticism for this horribly-assembled team. McFail needs to be fired asap before he ever touches another draft board. I was reading in the LA Times that Love is actually 6'7'' without his shoes on. Now why the heck did we ever need another undersized power forward when we already had Ryan Gomes and Craig Smith? Now OJ Mayo is averaging 20.8 pts a game today. And Brandon Roy dropped 29 pts. two nights ago. You're horrible McFail.
Joe Pesky

Minneapolis, MN

#43 Dec 17, 2008
Kevin McHale is simply the worst GM is sports history. The guy has destroyed this team with idiotic draft picks, screwy trades and complete boneheaded moves with every move he makes. I will never attend another Wolves game until Taylor fires this guy.
P-O-S

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Dec 18, 2008
Joe Pesky wrote:
Kevin McHale is simply the worst GM is sports history. The guy has destroyed this team with idiotic draft picks, screwy trades and complete boneheaded moves with every move he makes. I will never attend another Wolves game until Taylor fires this guy.
And why Taylor does not see your last statement to be an issue is beyond me. It's amazing that this day and age that any sports franchise has to stoop to $5 tickets and they still can't sell out. McHale and his entire front office needs to go.
my head hurts

Winona, MN

#45 Dec 23, 2008
Man, I love the T-wolves, but McHale is horrible. It's great he's from MN, but that's not a good reason to keep him around. He was a good player, but as with Isaiah Thomas, good players don't necessarily make good anything else in the basketball world..... let's see...the only thing McHale EVER did right was draft KG. Other than that...ummmm. Even if they had the same record as they do now, people would still be excited about them if they had Roy and Mayo. Atleast there would be some hope. Right now, I don't see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Francisco Garcia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pathetic Performance In Minnesota Raises Early ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Richie 1
Sundance 2011: and the competition films are ..... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Steve 1
Facebook friends want NBA's Kings in Louisville (Nov '10) Nov '10 Pistons Eat Poop 1
Young Sacramento Kings keep growing up (Sep '10) Sep '10 wdld 2
'Z' Suits Up for Return to 'Q' (Mar '10) Mar '10 Frankie Calzone 1
Kentucky sports notebook (Jul '08) Jul '08 LESOHN 1
Lakers clinch conference top spot (Apr '08) Apr '08 Ramil Ampongan 5

Francisco Garcia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE