Knicks most likely to seek fortunes with Curry

Full story: Newsday

The Knicks did not win the lottery, but they might have a higher power on their side for Thursday's NBA draft.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
I am ED BURKE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Judged:

BLahhhhhh
Jimbo

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Alan, if we pick up the 5th pick, how about trading down the 8th for Chicago's 2 first round picks. So basically trade Chandler and the 8th for the 5th, 16th and 26th picks.
truth

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

that would be a decent idea jimbo who would you pick with the 16th and 26th picks? i say stay at 5 and 8 and take curry and hill.. then you got an amare like big man and a smooth point guard who can shoot the lights out
Jordan

Parksville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

if the trade Chandler I will cry and have to strongly consider rooting for the Thunder...the THUNDER! Chandler is great, he plays defense, he can play three out of five spots, and he is still improving, if he gets better at dribling and improves his jump shot he could reasonably be a17.5 points per game guy who scores said points with a decent level of efficency. There is no one the fifth pick iit worth giving up Chandler...unless Washington takes JJ and gives us JaVale McGee. I would still cry...but at least I wouldn't be rooting for the Thunder.
Brownie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Chandler's best position is at the 3 spot. All of Walsh/D'antoni's moves have been to clear the way for a certain #23 to fill that. With the cap coming down, we need to get rid of Jeffries' contract because there's no way Eddy Curry's $ is being moved.

If we stay at #5 & #8, I would love to see Curry (pls no more Steph) and Hill or Tyreke Evans. Hill moreso, b/c we have no interior defensive presence whatsoever.

Since we have no 1st rounder next year (thx Isiah!!!), then I see merit in getting the #16 and #26. With those picks our possible 2009 haul could be Curry/Hill at #5, Ty Lawson/B.J. Mullens (#16) and Wayne Ellington (#26). We get a PG, PF/C and SG who would all fit in D'Antoni's SSOL system.
Jimbo

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

truth wrote:
that would be a decent idea jimbo who would you pick with the 16th and 26th picks? i say stay at 5 and 8 and take curry and hill.. then you got an amare like big man and a smooth point guard who can shoot the lights out
If Hill is stil available at 8 I agree we take him. If he's gone (GS?) I say trade down, target Henderson or Mullens with 16, maybe Daye at 26 or trade down again for two of Portland's 2nd round picks to grab from Green/McClinton/Suton/Gaffney. While we're at it why not get 32 from Washington along with 5 for Chandler - if I'm Washington I still do that in a heartbeat. We need PLAYERS, SHOOTERS, BIGS - we need everything.
galactus

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Judged:

doesn't matter who the nixs pick.. probbly will blow out their back an be out indefinitely. Jets and NIxs are a lot alike. NO matter what they do,no matter who is in charge, nothing changes.
jys22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

It'll take a gem like Chandler to get it done, but I don't know. I think Walsh/D'Antoni covet him too much. But the idea of a #5 and a #8 is too enticing, and I'd probably do it.
hooray

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

I think getting Rory Sparrow out of retirement would be a step in the right direction
Jerry

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

The Knicks should they get the 5th and 8th should think about trading 8 for chicagos or minnesotas 16/26, 18/28. They can then take a shot at Lawson, Williams, Calathas, Hansboorough, Mullins, Claver and others....they are more likely to get a better draft with 3 first rounders.
lostsoul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Can't wait for football.
col

Springfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Knicks should not trade up for anyone. Let the picks fall where they may. If you don't like number 8 section, I say trade down and get more picks. Rubio may be a mistake.
pat ewing

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

With the knicks luck no matter who they pick it might be a bust but then again I'm sort of excited for them however ill stay at 8 pick holiday lawson or whoever to give up chandler the only shot blocker/closer on da team that's still evolving to get who curry/rubio? Nah ill hold out and see how it pans out then work the phones deligently we have some good contacts expiring that will draw a lot of attention. It ain't that serious. Trade jeffries qrich huges wilcox mobley' contact but don't trade chandler
LIAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

pat ewing wrote:
With the knicks luck no matter who they pick it might be a bust but then again I'm sort of excited for them however ill stay at 8 pick holiday lawson or whoever to give up chandler the only shot blocker/closer on da team that's still evolving to get who curry/rubio? Nah ill hold out and see how it pans out then work the phones deligently we have some good contacts expiring that will draw a lot of attention. It ain't that serious. Trade jeffries qrich huges wilcox mobley' contact but don't trade chandler
Now in English?

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

Is there anyone the Knicks aren't going to draft? These pieces are laughable.

“Wilma”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

You have to read it backwards.
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now in English?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Etan Thomas Discussions

Search the Etan Thomas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Opinions vary on Hawks-Magic playoffs preview (Mar '11) Mar '11 Go Quakers 1
Timberwolves to announce trade with Wizards . .... (Jun '09) Jun '09 another view 7
Dwyane Wade Meets Obama in the White House: Par... (Jun '09) Jun '09 dave 61
Heat: Wade awed by meeting with President Obama (Jun '09) Jun '09 webeitt 1
Pro skateboarder takes a glide through White House (Jun '09) Jun '09 avm 1
Roundtable: What Do the Wizards Do If They Pick... (May '09) May '09 casey 1
Arenas Stays Home To Continue Rehab (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 17
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••