Dwyane Wade Meets Obama in the White ...

Dwyane Wade Meets Obama in the White House: Part of Fathers Day...

There are 61 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 19, 2009, titled Dwyane Wade Meets Obama in the White House: Part of Fathers Day.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dwyane Wade is accustomed to getting the star treatment. But the Miami Heat guard found himself nearly speechless on Friday when he fulfilled a long-time goal of meeting President Barack Obama at the White House.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lily boca raton fl

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2009
How cool is that
The Truth Hurts

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Jun 19, 2009
Double Digit Unemployment, A Falling U.S. Dollar, North Korea Firing Missles, a Bogus election in Iran. And our President is hanging out with Basketball Player. UNREAL!
The Truth Hurts

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Jun 19, 2009
lily boca raton fl wrote:
How cool is that
Cool???? Get your head out of the sand.
Gator Alum

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jun 19, 2009
It's unfortunate that Chairman Obama didn't trip and fall, breaking his neck while trying to shake Wades hand
Mike D

Ocala, FL

#5 Jun 19, 2009
The Truth Hurts wrote:
Double Digit Unemployment, A Falling U.S. Dollar, North Korea Firing Missles, a Bogus election in Iran. And our President is hanging out with Basketball Player. UNREAL!
Your boy Bush would be on a 2-month vacation with his pickup truck and chainsaw.

"How dare Obama take 1 hour out of his day to tout the importance of fatherhood ... HOW DARE HE!!!"

It's no wonder about 23% of the American public has a favorable view of the Republican Party. You can't go anywhere without hearing their incessant whining -- not even the Sun Sentinel sports section for goodness sake!

If they were as good at governing as they are at whining 24/7, they'd still be in power. Then again, look where that got us.
malik

Morrisville, NC

#6 Jun 19, 2009
NICE i wont to have the exsperience
malik

Morrisville, NC

#7 Jun 19, 2009
NICE D WAYDe,i want to have that exsperience to meet the president
HECKLER

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Jun 19, 2009
White people are becoming obsolete in America and itís a beautiful thing. Cheers
whatever

Anderson, IN

#9 Jun 19, 2009
HECKLER wrote:
White people are becoming obsolete in America and itís a beautiful thing. Cheers
eh?
Broward Citizen

Hollywood, FL

#10 Jun 19, 2009
The Truth Hurts wrote:
What did you do today or this year for that matter to make the country better?
Wow

Miami, FL

#11 Jun 19, 2009
The Truth Hurts wrote:
Can't the president invite people to the White House and enjoy Father's Day? You guys want to treat the man asthough he is a slave. He has only been in office about six months and you want him to solve all the problems of the world. No matter what he does it is never only to be enough! I have never seen such hate as this. And you same people gave Bush a high rating for almost flushing our country down the toilet.
Brian

Dunlap, TN

#12 Jun 19, 2009
Was Kobe not available?
Pembroke Mike

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jun 19, 2009
Unreal the bitterness among old white folks. Whatever, you're dying off anyway, The new USA is taking shape as your old prejudice ways die off 1 by 1.

On a good note B.O. is doing a great job trying to clean up the white collar corrupt backdoor dealing republican policies.

So he invited Wade to the White house, Barack is a cool customer. Hope he succeeds.
GWB Jr

Miami, FL

#14 Jun 19, 2009
The Truth Hurts wrote:
Amen!!
Why don't you go in Iran and fix the election yourself?
mac45

Sterling, VA

#15 Jun 19, 2009
Seriously, DWade is one of the best "father" figures he could invite?
Don't think so
buster rhymes

Anchorage, AK

#16 Jun 20, 2009
"a hole in the heart the government can't fill?" seems to me like that's Nobamas mantra, big government can solve all our problems. this guy is an IDIOT.
buster rhymes

Anchorage, AK

#17 Jun 20, 2009
"a whole in the heart" the rest is above, and this website still sucks!
The Truth Hurts

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Jun 20, 2009
Mike D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boy Bush would be on a 2-month vacation with his pickup truck and chainsaw.
"How dare Obama take 1 hour out of his day to tout the importance of fatherhood ... HOW DARE HE!!!"
It's no wonder about 23% of the American public has a favorable view of the Republican Party. You can't go anywhere without hearing their incessant whining -- not even the Sun Sentinel sports section for goodness sake!
If they were as good at governing as they are at whining 24/7, they'd still be in power. Then again, look where that got us.
FYI I am an Independent, not a Republican. Bush left office with a 1 Trillion Dollar Deficit,in less then 4 months in office the Professor Obama made the deficit 3 Trillion. I think we all would be better off with a cowboy & a chainsaw about now.
The Truth Hurts

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Jun 20, 2009
Broward Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do today or this year for that matter to make the country better?
I went to work, and they deducted taxes from my wages to help pay for bums, Illegal Aliens & lazy Americans that do not work & have 10 kids. Oh & you?
The Truth Hurts

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Jun 20, 2009
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't the president invite people to the White House and enjoy Father's Day? You guys want to treat the man asthough he is a slave. He has only been in office about six months and you want him to solve all the problems of the world. No matter what he does it is never only to be enough! I have never seen such hate as this. And you same people gave Bush a high rating for almost flushing our country down the toilet.
Bush left office with a 1 Trillion Dollar Deficit,in less then 4 months in office the Professor Obama made the deficit 3 Trillion. The 95% Democratic media mocked & questioned Bush both terms, only Fox questions Obamas Policy. Obama Has never met a Payroll, never ran a business & made a profit. He does not deserve to be President, he hood winked the public by fancy talk not from his heart, but by reading a teleprompter. UNREAL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Etan Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opinions vary on Hawks-Magic playoffs preview (Mar '11) Mar '11 Go Quakers 1
News Timberwolves to announce trade with Wizards . .... (Jun '09) Jun '09 another view 7
News Knicks most likely to seek fortunes with Curry (Jun '09) Jun '09 nostephanfan 16
News Heat: Wade awed by meeting with President Obama (Jun '09) Jun '09 webeitt 1
News Pro skateboarder takes a glide through White House (Jun '09) Jun '09 avm 1
News Roundtable: What Do the Wizards Do If They Pick... (May '09) May '09 casey 1
News Arenas Stays Home To Continue Rehab (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 17
More from around the web