D-Wade's cheap shot is air ball against Nowitzki

Somebody needs to drug-test Dwyane Wade. Or laugh in his face. The Miami Heat guard's incredibly inane dig at Dirk Nowitzki came off as being either hallucinatory or just plain tripe that Wade wanted to get out ... Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Fear and Loathing dWADE

Wichita, KS

#1 Feb 10, 2007
Dirk should learn to read between the lines of Avery's response just like Wade slices between Dirk's and Erica's defence in the paint. Coach Avery Johnson on Friday:'Dirk is already a highly motivated player. He's a solid leader.'
A SOLID leader? Hardly a glowing endorsement from one of the leagues great leaders as a player. Hmmm, would he characterize Tim Duncan, who he played with, as a solid leader or as one of the games all time greatest leaders? Fact is Avery is compelled by his nature to tell the truth - even if he has to sugar coat it sometimes.
Truth is the only time Dirk has shown leadership skills was last year when he half-way came out of the closet and admitted he had a 'thing' for David Hasselhoff.

Now this Valentines Day it's time for him to step out completely and join his fellow European and former Utah Jazz and Orlando Magic "center" John Amaechi with their "Big Anouncement."

Fabulous!!!
DIRK

Anaheim, CA

#2 Feb 10, 2007
I'd sure as hell would rather have 7'0 PF who can do what some guards can't. Wade cannot consider himself a leader flapping his lips, he should keep those lips shut, like the Heat's playoff chances.
Chris

Surrey, Canada

#3 Feb 10, 2007
dude you guys are all pathetic haters omg its so pathetic you all cant just accept that dwade is good. we never said dirk sucked. you all just go and shit talk wade.

a drug test?? what the... your saying he is cheating? PATHETIC YOUR JEALOUS
Ashley

Graham, TX

#4 Feb 10, 2007
i dont think d wade was on drugs but he was pretty pathetic with that comment sure they won the championship but who cares??!! Dallas is back this year and who has the best record in the NBA and the Western Conference...THE MAVS!! SO...DIRK IS A LEADER EVERYTIME HE STEPS ON THE COURT AND HE IS AN AWESOME PLAYER GO DIRK!!! MVP!!!
hannah ashley

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2007
why don't we state upfront why wade made the comments.we are never fair.owners normally does not get involve with this type of mess.This tells you something to.
hello there

Stockton, CA

#6 Feb 10, 2007
D. WADE AND THE HEAT PLAYED GREAT IN THE PLAYOFFS. THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM. THEN DIRK GOES AND SAYS THE MAVERICKS HANDED THEM THE WIN. PLEASE, I WATCHED THE GAMES. LOOKED TO ME LIKE DIRK FOLDED. NOW NOT SAYING HE WILL THIS YEAR. I THINK IN THE FUTURE DIRK WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH HIS TEAM. BUT COME ON THE HEAT EARNED THE TITLE, D. WADE WAS SMOKIN. GO HEAT. I THINK DIRK DID NOT MEAN FOR THAT TO SOUND LIKE IT DID. IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK. I DO NOT BLAME WADE FOR FIRING BACK.
DALLAS HATER

Stockton, CA

#7 Feb 10, 2007
EXCUSE ME. WHO IS IT THAT IS ALWAYS STANDING AROUND THE EDGE OF THE COURT FLAAPING HIS BIG -SS MOUTH. AND WORKING OUT ON A TV ENTERVIEW. SWEATY AND LOOKING STUPID. I BELIEVE THAT IS THE MILLIONAIRE MARK CUBAN. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED. HE MAKES HIS TEAM EMBARRASSED BY THE DISPLAY. ALL THAT MONEY AND NO TALENT. THAT IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME
DALLAS HATER

Stockton, CA

#8 Feb 10, 2007
hannah ashley wrote:
why don't we state upfront why wade made the comments.we are never fair.owners normally does not get involve with this type of mess.This tells you something to.
YOU GO GIRL. IM WITH YOU.
Gang faya

Paramaribo, Suriname

#9 Feb 10, 2007
Dwyane Wade:``Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

And Cuban's response. Does he know what he is talking about. I think he should take the lost as a man, that's the only way you're gonna improve.
First of all, Cuban, the name is spelled "DWYANE"
- It is true that it is embarrassing the way, Miami is playing now, but watch and learn coming playoff time.(So what if you have the best record? DALLAS AND PISTONS had the best regular season record, playoff time is another time)
- What Pat did to Walker and Posey its called "discipline", maybe your coach should learn that too. Especially the body fat part, so that coming playoffs some of your guys don't get dunked on by ZO. You know who I'm talking about.
- What has business classes to do with knowing about basketball leadership?
- Dirk is a great leader, but he wasn't able to step up due to different reasons late in the game. Well, I don't know what the reasons are.
- Great players make great plays (especially down the stretch)
- Cuban said of the loss in the Finals:``It might hurt less if we had lost to a better team. But we didn't.''
So I assume you had a better team than Miami last year? I wonder why you bring in Deavan George and some other veteran players, if your team is that great. You don't believe in your team?
- Didn't Dirk critize Cuban for interferring or whatever during last playoffs, saying he should behave better? Weren't you clapping after the last signal, cuban?
- Avery Johnson last playoffs said: "We haven't found the right solution to deal with Wade yet, offensively or defensively, so that is even a bigger problem" So how did Mavs hand it to miami? Did mavs score for payton (the shot and scoop?), or for Posey. or even the free throws for shaq?

It's just said for the mavs, but good things come to those who...
Rome

Chula Vista, CA

#10 Feb 12, 2007
D-Wade is hot and Dirk is Gay/or excuse me not
Aaron

Durham, NC

#13 Feb 12, 2007
DIRK wrote:
I'd sure as hell would rather have 7'0 PF who can do what some guards can't. Wade cannot consider himself a leader flapping his lips, he should keep those lips shut, like the Heat's playoff chances.
A fan of Dirk and Cuban talking about flapping lips? Priceless. Dirk has all season been taking shots at the Heat and at Wade, and one response gets an attack by the Fort Worth Fishwrap? Instead of attacking Wade (getting his name wrong), Wade's commercial,(getting it wrong, Barkley was begging to be in Wade's five), and Wade's leadership (getting the definition of leadership wrong, having teammates overweight is not a mark of Wade's leadership, his assists on the court and his ability to make his teammates better players is). The same man who shouted "Your league is rigged" should watch how he complains about the comments of others.
Michelle

Sherwood, AR

#14 Feb 12, 2007
I agree with Wade but he should have said it in June. All the big names from Dallas including Dirk and Howard made mental mistakes that made them loss four games in a row. Dallas may have been the better team coming into the finals but they left as the second best team which counts for nothing in end. Second best don't get you a NBA Finals ring or a NBA Finals MVP trophy.
Heat Fan

Auckland, New Zealand

#15 Feb 12, 2007
All you people taking shots at Wade should just keep your mouths shut. While Wade was almost single-handedly bringing his team back from a 2-0 deficit last June your "leader" Dirk was busy getting dunked on and rejected by Zo! So just take the loss like men and learn from it so history doesn't repeat itself. Yes we know you have the better team and record this year but all this whining and talk about "we handed them the championship" just makes yourselves look bad. And you're saying that Wade should be ashamed of himself - please...you're just a bunch of SORE LOSERS!!!
Aaron

United States

#16 Feb 12, 2007
Michelle wrote:
I agree with Wade but he should have said it in June. All the big names from Dallas including Dirk and Howard made mental mistakes that made them loss four games in a row. Dallas may have been the better team coming into the finals but they left as the second best team which counts for nothing in end. Second best don't get you a NBA Finals ring or a NBA Finals MVP trophy.
Wade has too much class for that. It was only after repeated questions about how he likes his gift ring that Dirk gave him that he finally responded. It's over, and he won, just like he and the Heat won the Finals. Let Dallas continue to whine about last year, Miami has Shaq back and can focus on winning again THIS year.
mavs4 life

Arlington, TX

#17 Feb 12, 2007
alright so dirk sucked in the finals and mostly everyone knows that wade played good and no one should call him d-wade unless he learns to play d !!and zo dunked over someone but marquis daniels who by the way isnt exactly great and is high most of the time dunked over big zo 2 times that i know of and shaq was like 10 of 50 from the line and wades commment about dirk was about as off mark as shaq's free throws!dirk took it like a man and decided not to act like an idiot and said nothing and alright dirk said we handed them the playoffs and wade said dirk didnt take leadership so he's basically saying that dirk and the mavs handed them the playoffs so wade needs to get over being mad that charles barkley wont put him in his top 5 and that those bratty kids didnt thank him for the bball .and his commercials r almost as bad as having to watch him "drive" to the basket fall down roll around on the ground hold his hip then go to the free throw line when a defender never touched him!!!and cuban should learn how to spell dwyane's name?maybe wade's mom should've spelt his name the right way!!and antoine walker makes like 5 shots out of 50 a game and posey should stay away from that buffet and learn to play bball so maybe his team wouldnt be under .500 and dirk isnt a leader?the mavs suck?that why we have the best record!!!!
spurs 4 life

Arlington, TX

#18 Feb 12, 2007
in response to aaron i believe wade says why cant i be in your 5 and barkley says my five my rules ur nt gettin in with that hat and wade takes the hat off and barkley says it wasnt about the hat so i think wade was asking to be in barkleys top 5 u idiot!!my bad ur from florida that means ur a miami fan and ur gay!
Dia Akin

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Feb 12, 2007
You all are hilarious. As a Piston fan, I can speak without bias on either side. The Heat DID win and regardless if the Mavs have the best record during the regular season, what matters is how you play in the Playoffs. You see how my Pistons picked up wins and folded in the 2nd round. Dirk lacked the experience or the aggression needed to pull it off last year. And Wade simply just shredded the defense.

Dirk spoke truth, but I think Wade just took it the wrong way. What I interpret it as is Dirk was simply saying their failure to maintain that drive and aggresive tone is allowed them to defeat themselves. I think Wade took it as Dirk trying to take away their credibility of just being a better team, so he felt the need to strike back. Either way, they're both extremely talented players and I'm looking forward to this year's rematch between the two.

GO PISTONS!!! LOL
Aaron

United States

#20 Feb 12, 2007
spurs 4 life wrote:
in response to aaron i believe wade says why cant i be in your 5 and barkley says my five my rules ur nt gettin in with that hat and wade takes the hat off and barkley says it wasnt about the hat so i think wade was asking to be in barkleys top 5 u idiot!!my bad ur from florida that means ur a miami fan and ur gay!
Wrong. Wade and Barkley are in a restaurant, and Barkley is begging to be in his 5. A waitress comes over and says "Wade you are so great. Oh,(looking at charles) is this your father?" Get a clue moron! Oh, and Dirk/Hasselhoff fan calling me gay is so ironic that it is funny. You can keep your geico caveman german loser with no clutch skills, we will keep our rings, MVP trophies, and our domination of the Mavs on THEIR OWN COURT for the title.
mike

Hollywood, FL

#21 Feb 12, 2007
spurs 4 life wrote:
hey dickbrain, still mad we hammered your spurs last night? There's more where that came from! As for Charles Barkely that guy aint even got a ring and he is a "legend". LMAO
Heat Fan

Auckland, New Zealand

#22 Feb 12, 2007
mavs4 life wrote:
alright so dirk sucked in the finals and mostly everyone knows that wade played good and no one should call him d-wade unless he learns to play d !!and zo dunked over someone but marquis daniels who by the way isnt exactly great and is high most of the time dunked over big zo 2 times that i know of and shaq was like 10 of 50 from the line and wades commment about dirk was about as off mark as shaq's free throws!dirk took it like a man and decided not to act like an idiot and said nothing and alright dirk said we handed them the playoffs and wade said dirk didnt take leadership so he's basically saying that dirk and the mavs handed them the playoffs so wade needs to get over being mad that charles barkley wont put him in his top 5 and that those bratty kids didnt thank him for the bball .and his commercials r almost as bad as having to watch him "drive" to the basket fall down roll around on the ground hold his hip then go to the free throw line when a defender never touched him!!!and cuban should learn how to spell dwyane's name?maybe wade's mom should've spelt his name the right way!!and antoine walker makes like 5 shots out of 50 a game and posey should stay away from that buffet and learn to play bball so maybe his team wouldnt be under .500 and dirk isnt a leader?the mavs suck?that why we have the best record!!!!
Are you saying this to try tell people that the Heat suck? If they were this bad but still managed to beat the Mavericks - in Dallas in Game 6 - how good does this make the Mavs? And if Marquis Daniels was that good then why'd they let him go and sign Deveon George? Hmmm...maybe coz they needed someone to stop Wade??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erick Dampier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
Jordan tries again: Bobcats sign Kwame Brown (Aug '10) Mar '11 Bulls Rule 2
Butler and Chandler Lead Mavs to Best Road Star... (Dec '10) Dec '10 teftre 1
Mavericks' Butler remains confident (Apr '10) Apr '10 A bball fan 1
Dallas Mavericks' broadcast team coming up for ... (Mar '09) Dec '09 Heath Hull 3
Mavericks hand Timberwolves ninth straight loss (Nov '09) Nov '09 Al Frankensteinn 6
PRO BASKETBALL: Clippers fall to Mavericks (Nov '09) Nov '09 SAW 2
•••
•••

Erick Dampier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••