Seeing Is Believing For Okafor -- Cou...

Seeing Is Believing For Okafor -- Courant.com

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Sep 10, 2007, titled Seeing Is Believing For Okafor -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Emeka Okafor is a first generation Nigerian-American. As such, and having traveled to his family's homeland twice, he knows a great deal about Africa, its history, its people and its problems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Lucy

Newport, NH

#1 Sep 10, 2007
Coach Calhoun deserves roses for having found and picked
Okafor as a player for Uconn. For a player to go back to
his roots to help his people says a lot about Okafor.
Hope the NBA raises his salary so that he can go on
helping his ties in Africa.
Kevin Facey

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Sep 13, 2007
I think that we in America take for granted the things that we have in this country. Many people from different parts of the country would love to take advantage the many opportunities that we as Americans take for granted.

Thank you Emeka for what you are doing in Africa.
paul

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#3 Sep 13, 2007
okafor is one of the finest gentleman to ever have been associated with ct. hopefully someday he'll run for office and add a little integrity back to public service
rickbee

Hartford, CT

#4 Sep 13, 2007
That's the true American spirit. I work with a few Nigerians & they have become citizens & are hard workers & good family men. Some of those Ibos can be a tough bunch tho.
Chad Hard to Beat Moore

Southfield, MI

#5 Sep 13, 2007
25.4 Million people living with HIV/AIDS is numbing. Thank you NBA and Emeka Okafor for realizing that each individual's effort can and will make a difference. I Love This Game! And also a big ups to all 100 NBA persons putting in work South Africa.
Magic

Lincolnshire, IL

#6 Sep 13, 2007
rickbee wrote:
That's the true American spirit. I work with a few Nigerians & they have become citizens & are hard workers & good family men. Some of those Ibos can be a tough bunch tho.
Some of the Ibos?... are you kiddding me...these africans are born warriors and survivals....not us african americans....who are so ghetto and spoiled....marbury, artest, sprewell..vick..etc..to name a few. We should have a boot camp in africa for all these disgraceful figures. Next up. Isiah thomas add him too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emeka Okafor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hornets' guard Chris Paul says he's focused on ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 migs 1
News Hornets blast Blazers, remain lone unbeaten (Nov '10) Nov '10 Anon 1
News Tracy McGrady's selfishness paved the way for M... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Tiffany 32
News Scouting report: Bobcats at Magic (Apr '09) Apr '09 Jeff 2
News Tracy McGrady's selfishness paved the way for M... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Rockets Fan 1
News D'Antoni disappointed with effort in loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 made up 1
News BIANCHI: Dwight Howard is the best player to st... (Feb '09) Feb '09 The Living Tribunal 14
More from around the web