Agent reveals why Elton Brand spurn t...

Agent reveals why Elton Brand spurn the Clippers

There are 24 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Agent reveals why Elton Brand spurn the Clippers. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

In this April 2 file photo, Los Angeles Clippers' Elton Brand goes up for a basket against the Seattle SuperSonics during the first quarter of an NBA basketball game in Seattle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MRCLIPPER

Duarte, CA

#1 Jul 9, 2008
"We got Baron Davis, myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think." same here mobley were gonna shock the world.
Jokes on Brand.
Go Warriors

United States

#2 Jul 9, 2008
What goes around comes around Mike!
Your back door dealings with BD to get him to opt out is pure Karma! Now your precious PG has no Brand or Maggette... Good luck on next years lottery.
Let's see who ends up near the bottom next year... Maybe it's time the Clippers packs up and move to say... Seattle? Maybe renaming the franchise would get rid of that sour taste from your mouth after seeing Brand holding a Sixers jersey... Seattle Clippers doesn't sound too bad...

Since: Apr 08

Santa Cruz

#3 Jul 10, 2008
hahaha

I'm very sorry for Clippers fans - but they get what they get fior tampering with Baron Davis. Now the Clips and Baron have major egg on the face hahahahaha
Dave

United States

#4 Jul 10, 2008
Brand is not a man, but only a boy who could not communicate he didn't want to stay. He purposely lied to screw the Clippers. We have his classless butt here 4 times next year. I hope the hotel people make his stay unwelcome. Brand has gone back east to his ghetto roots which is good for California. I don't care how much money he earns, you can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't get the ghetto out of the kid.
Jack

Puyallup, WA

#5 Jul 10, 2008
I KNOW BRAND WENT TO SIXERS, BUT THE TRUTH IS..EVEN IF DO GO THE PLAYOFF..HE WILL NEVER PAST THE FIRST ROUND..THTS MY WORDS..BRAND,,,THE ONL THING U CAN DO IS BE ALL STAR OR GO THE PLAYOFFS..AND LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND..YOU WILL NEVER MVP..AND NEVER WILL A TIITTLE...HOPEFULLY YOU DON'T MAKE THE PAYOFFS NEXT FIVE 5YRS
Reno H

Mission Viejo, CA

#6 Jul 10, 2008
Who are these 'Dave, LA, and Jack, WA' people? To challenge a persons masculinity AND to denigrate and speculate about what you CLEARLY know nothing about is baseless. I'm sorry, let me speak in terms you two may understand; Get off the sofa, get on a court against someone 6'10, 265, average a double double, for a losing franchise, doesn't complain, and is a pillar of the community. Lets see how you feel in 7 years. And also, some of your greatest players from ALL sports come from "the ghetto'. Live and learn.
RATTBALL

Catasauqua, PA

#7 Jul 10, 2008
Jack wrote:
I KNOW BRAND WENT TO SIXERS, BUT THE TRUTH IS..EVEN IF DO GO THE PLAYOFF..HE WILL NEVER PAST THE FIRST ROUND..THTS MY WORDS..BRAND,,,THE ONL THING U CAN DO IS BE ALL STAR OR GO THE PLAYOFFS..AND LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND..YOU WILL NEVER MVP..AND NEVER WILL A TIITTLE...HOPEFULLY YOU DON'T MAKE THE PAYOFFS NEXT FIVE 5YRS
LEARN TO SPELL
RATTBALL

Catasauqua, PA

#8 Jul 10, 2008
learn to read write and spell
joeblue

Yuma, AZ

#9 Jul 10, 2008
If the clippers can get josh smith whatch out playoffs.
ScottSB

Santa Barbara, CA

#11 Jul 10, 2008
Typical Clipper whining. What "poisoned" Brand was Donald Sterling's 30-year track record of LOSING and bizarre behavior. The Clippers have never been anything but a joke under Sterling's ownership. One step forward, two steps back.
lou dobbs

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jul 10, 2008
Dave wrote:
Brand is not a man, but only a boy who could not communicate he didn't want to stay. He purposely lied to screw the Clippers. We have his classless butt here 4 times next year. I hope the hotel people make his stay unwelcome. Brand has gone back east to his ghetto roots which is good for California. I don't care how much money he earns, you can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't get the ghetto out of the kid.
actually, Brand's classless but will be here twice , not 4 times, as eastern teams visit western teams once a season. Your comment about ghetto roots speaks about your classless butt as well. IF SOMEONE HAS The opportunity to work closer to home roots, can,t really blame him, he just should have been honest about it.
C-Los

El Segundo, CA

#13 Jul 10, 2008
After the way everything went down, I would rather have Baron Davis on the team than Brand. That's right!! People keep talking about all Brand did. Yea, he had nice numbers but what has Brand ever really accomplished for the Clippers?? One playoff appearance? BRAND IS NOT A FRANCHISE PLAYER. He cannot carry a team. He has proven this much. So let him lie to the media and hide behind his agent. I'd rather have Baron Davis and (with any luck) Josh Smith. They may not make it to the playoffs, but they'll be entertaining as hell. And that would be an improvement from the garbage I've seen on this team the last few years with Brand and Maggette on there.
Steve

Dallas, TX

#14 Jul 10, 2008
It should also be known that David Falk is the Agent for both Davis and Brand. When he was not kept in the loop about Baron talking to the Clippers, his ego was super upset. By this, i believed he wanted to get Brand the maximum not just for his pocket book, but for his own personal satisfaction knowing that he screwed the organization that went around him.
These super agents are terrific at getting maximum dollars for their clients, and have no loyalty with anyone but themselves. Hey, we all cant be C***Suckers like Falk. More power to him.
butch

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 10, 2008
NBA owners need to shut out falk from doing business do that and Im sure players will drop his a$$ quick the man is bad for the game.
good

El Segundo, CA

#16 Jul 10, 2008
As the kid in The Simpsons Show , always say
Ha!Ha! The clippers need to leave LA. Seattle is waiting

“Did They Really?”

Since: Jul 08

Los Angeles

#17 Jul 10, 2008
Can't say I blame any player for leaving the Clippers. Anyone who's read the sports section for the last thirty years understands why.
abe

Brea, CA

#18 Jul 10, 2008
i hate brand now hopefully he gets hurt again

Since: Apr 08

Santa Cruz

#19 Jul 10, 2008
hahaha - Baron Davis will now be a perennial LOSER!!!!!!

hahahaha

as far as Elton is concerned - the sixers made the playoffs last yr, hey will now bring them to at least the second or hird rd.

But you have to laugh at Baron
Jason Warrior Fan

Oakland, CA

#20 Jul 10, 2008
Fcuk Brand. Im a fan of the game...but F that guy. Hes got crazy skill, but no loyalty. I hope you guys get the last laugh.
Go Warriors

Palo Alto, CA

#21 Jul 10, 2008
Corrections Steve... Baron's agent is Todd Ramasar. If Falk was Baron's agent... there no way in hell he would've allowed him to sign with the Clippers. Baron would've been donning a Laker's jersey by now. He would've loved to "Falked" them twice though...
Steve wrote:
It should also be known that David Falk is the Agent for both Davis and Brand. When he was not kept in the loop about Baron talking to the Clippers, his ego was super upset. By this, i believed he wanted to get Brand the maximum not just for his pocket book, but for his own personal satisfaction knowing that he screwed the organization that went around him.
These super agents are terrific at getting maximum dollars for their clients, and have no loyalty with anyone but themselves. Hey, we all cant be C***Suckers like Falk. More power to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elton Brand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Talk Josh Sm... (Feb '13) Feb '13 King Dyce 1
News Mavericks reflect on Connecticut tragedy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Douglas 1
News Pacers Showing Interest in O.J. Mayo & Elton Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony E 1
News Philadelphia 76ers: 8 Free Agents They Will Pur... (Jul '12) Jul '12 xKingxDycex 2
News My Favorite Offseason Plan (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
News Philadelphia 76ers: Why Pau Gasol Would Be a Gr... (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
News Celtics, Sixers prepare for another seventh gam... (May '12) May '12 ummmm 1
More from around the web