Report: Warriors offer Clippers' Brand $90 million

Full story: LA Daily News 7
While Baron Davis is headed from Golden State to Los Angeles to play for the Clippers, Elton Brand might be going the other way. Full Story
drunks suck

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2008
If I was Brand I would stay mainly because the Clippers have a better chance to contend with the snowman at center and baron at the point. And Al Thornton is going to be a superstar. Money is good but if Brand goes to the warriors will they beat the Lakers? No the Clippers if he stay have a chance to beat any team in the league including the Celtics because they are a tough team not soft like the Lakers.
tomyupw

United States

#6 Jul 4, 2008
I would say to Brand, "Take the money and play for the Warriors, which had a better chance to get to the championship than the Clippers anytime." Brand should remeber what Baron Davis said, "Basketball is a business'" and not sentimentality.
Jon

Fontana, CA

#7 Jul 4, 2008
I would say to tomyupw "You're insane if you think the Warriors are going to win a championship." Basketball may be a business, but that doesn't mean you act like a jerk to people in business. Get real.
Vince

Danville, CA

#8 Jul 5, 2008
Seems like a no brainer for Brand. Take the extra 15 million.
Jeebs

Clayton, MI

#9 Jul 6, 2008
golden state is only doing this because the clippers signed baron davis. if i were elton i would stay in LA. their just a much better team then golden state. i believe the clippers will make the playoffs over the warriors next season.
Jeebs

Clayton, MI

#10 Jul 6, 2008
i have heard their are rumors about my spurs being the front runners for maggette. i sure hope so becuase that would a 5th championship in the last 10 years. i have liked maggette since he came into the league. any truth to these rumors.
Jeebs

Clayton, MI

#11 Jul 6, 2008
drunks suck wrote:
If I was Brand I would stay mainly because the Clippers have a better chance to contend with the snowman at center and baron at the point. And Al Thornton is going to be a superstar. Money is good but if Brand goes to the warriors will they beat the Lakers? No the Clippers if he stay have a chance to beat any team in the league including the Celtics because they are a tough team not soft like the Lakers.
the lakers are soft. kobe is a whiny little prissy boy who whines if he dont get his way or he disagrees with something. it seems to me like everything the organization has to ask him everytime they want to do something. and pau gasol is a good player but struggles when it comes to playing against the premier big men in the league. we seen it all season long against duncan, stoudamire, garnett, and howard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elton Brand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Talk Josh Sm... (Feb '13) Feb '13 King Dyce 1
Mavericks reflect on Connecticut tragedy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Douglas 1
Pacers Showing Interest in O.J. Mayo & Elton Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony E 1
Philadelphia 76ers: 8 Free Agents They Will Pur... (Jul '12) Jul '12 xKingxDycex 2
My Favorite Offseason Plan (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
Philadelphia 76ers: Why Pau Gasol Would Be a Gr... (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
Celtics, Sixers prepare for another seventh gam... (May '12) May '12 ummmm 1

Elton Brand People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE