Deng's options limited after Clippers' trade

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The San Diego Clippers' Tuesday acquisition of Marcus Camby from Denver for an option to swap 2010 second-round draft picks has ramifications for the Bulls - and not just because it takes a frontcourt player ...
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2008
Dionysus2k

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 16, 2008
 
KC,

I don't know what NBA you are watching, but the Clippers have not been in San Diego since '84. Come on man.
Jonathan

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 16, 2008
 
Karma's a Witch. Both Gordon and Deng thought they were worth more than the Bulls offer last summer. The underperformed terribly this past year and now they have no leg to stand on. I love it. The Bulls have complete control of the situation. A very savy move by Paxson to wait and see what the market brought. They'll both be lucky to get anything over 8 million if they sign deals this summer.
Eddie

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 16, 2008
 
Marcus Camby for a SWAP of second round picks? The Bulls could have offered something better than that for sure. We need a defensive stopper in the post. Camby is a stud in that department.
Fire Pax

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 16, 2008
 
Jonathan wrote:
Karma's a Witch. Both Gordon and Deng thought they were worth more than the Bulls offer last summer. The underperformed terribly this past year and now they have no leg to stand on. I love it. The Bulls have complete control of the situation. A very savy move by Paxson to wait and see what the market brought. They'll both be lucky to get anything over 8 million if they sign deals this summer.
What are you talking about??? Paxson offered both of them more than they were worth last year and just because Deng and Gordon are greedy idiots doesn't make Paxson Savvy!!! Paxson is dumb and will probably over pay for both of them this summer because their "His Guys."

Paxson is so Savvy he hasn't made ONE yes 1 good trade while being GM of the bulls for over FIVE years!!! The team is a mess and he seems to be oblivious to the fact that it has Trouble written all over it... But hey lets stand Pat who needs Marcus Camby when you have Side Show Bob who can't rebound or defend... But atleast it hasn't come out YET that he whiffed on another trade!
San Diego

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 16, 2008
 
Did I miss something, or should it be the L.A. Clippers?
Jonathan

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 16, 2008
 
I said he made a savy move. Not that he was himself a savy general manager. 10 million per is what the market looked like it would be for those players last year. if you can lock up a 20 point scorer for 8 mil long term, you do it. Look at who has recieved contracts for more than 8 mil in the past off seasons. a lot of nobody's.
Rudy

Los Reyes, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 16, 2008
 
Clippers are from LA :)
Fire Pax

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 16, 2008
 
Jonathan wrote:
I said he made a savy move. Not that he was himself a savy general manager. 10 million per is what the market looked like it would be for those players last year. if you can lock up a 20 point scorer for 8 mil long term, you do it. Look at who has recieved contracts for more than 8 mil in the past off seasons. a lot of nobody's.
Well you could also say that by not locking up the underachieving dou last season he has screwed the Bulls by forcing them to wait until their contracts are settled before making any roster moves. Now we are even more likely to not make a big move that has been needed for the second straight summer and we all know how it worked out last year! Except maybe Paxson...

Savvy and Paxson don't belong in the same sentence. He was just doing what he does best when it came to signing them last summer and that is Whiffing.

It's going to be a train wreck...
Dan S

Mcalpin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 16, 2008
 
Eddie wrote:
Marcus Camby for a SWAP of second round picks? The Bulls could have offered something better than that for sure. We need a defensive stopper in the post. Camby is a stud in that department.
First of all, the San Diego Clippers had me on the ground laughing. Good stuff.
In my opinion, it wouldn't make much sense for the Bulls to make a play for Camby. I think that Noah and Tyrus Thomas will be outstanding defensive stoppers in the future. Also, with Drew Gooden, there's not much room for another big man on the roster.
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 16, 2008
 
Fire Pax wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you could also say that by not locking up the underachieving dou last season he has screwed the Bulls by forcing them to wait until their contracts are settled before making any roster moves. Now we are even more likely to not make a big move that has been needed for the second straight summer and we all know how it worked out last year! Except maybe Paxson...
Savvy and Paxson don't belong in the same sentence. He was just doing what he does best when it came to signing them last summer and that is Whiffing.
It's going to be a train wreck...
Fire Pax...it's good to see you in mid-season form. Paxson is a nightmare and anything good that happens to this team under his rule is pure luck. My personal favorite flub was tellng the entire league that unless Curry agreed to a DNA test, we wouldn't re-sign him. This was before Curry proved to be a total loser and still had value. I've never seen a GM devalue his own assets in such an amateur move. He is easily one of the 5 worst GM's in the league.
Uhhhhh

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 16, 2008
 
We sure don't need a Sam Smith, now do we Smellie Zellie? The LOS ANGELES Clippers drafted a small forward that is so dynamic they let Maggette go unchallenged. AL THORNTON.
So what option did Deng lose, dingbat?
How about getting a guy who knows a little about the game to write about it, Smellie Zellie?
Jonathan

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 16, 2008
 
No one on the market was a necessity for the bulls to have. Not brand, not baron, not maggette (even tho i'd have liked to see him in chicago). There were no big men available besides trading for Marcus Camby. We're better off waiting to make a splash in free agency next year when bigger and better names are available. Deng and Gordon should both sign 1 yr tender offers, bring their "A" games and this year will be a good one. The young guys are still learning in a deep bench.
Uhhhhh

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 16, 2008
 
I reread the idiotic mini story and realized it was intentional garbage. KC Johnson is (was) a beat writer for the NBA and da-- well knows the Clippers are in LA and that they already have a better small forward than Deng. KC put up 100 words for Zell, who has probably reminded KC that anyone can do his job. Everyone who works there and at the LA TImes has my sympathy, just as anyone who reads those formerly great papers needs sympathy. Your doing a hechuva job, Smellie Zellie.
bullseye8ball

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 18, 2008
 
As KC say "Talks with Deng and fellow restricted free agent Ben Gordon are progressing slowly." Let's face it - everything has gone slowly since the beginning of last season. Someone needs to light a fire under these guys. Meaning GM especially. Regressing insttead of moving forward. Chicago fans are in for another LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG season.
bullsmac

Seal Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 19, 2008
 
The bulls if they are smart would trade with NJ nets and get krstic for say a sign/trade with gordan and send noah or tyrus. The best situation out there for them now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elton Brand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Talk Josh Sm... (Feb '13) Feb '13 King Dyce 1
Mavericks reflect on Connecticut tragedy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Douglas 1
Pacers Showing Interest in O.J. Mayo & Elton Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony E 1
Philadelphia 76ers: 8 Free Agents They Will Pur... (Jul '12) Jul '12 xKingxDycex 2
My Favorite Offseason Plan (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
Philadelphia 76ers: Why Pau Gasol Would Be a Gr... (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
Celtics, Sixers prepare for another seventh gam... (May '12) May '12 ummmm 1

Search the Elton Brand Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••