Baron will be bummed in L.A.

Baron will be bummed in L.A.

There are 2 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Jul 14, 2008, titled Baron will be bummed in L.A.. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

DARTING HERE and there ... Maybe Baron Davis wasn't as smart as so many of us thought.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

“Living the dream!”

Since: Nov 07

Pleasanton, California

#1 Jul 15, 2008
Yeah, everything's gonna suck for Baron but the paychecks. I'll still miss you dude, and I'll wear number 5 when you visit!
dcab

El Cerrito, CA

#2 Jul 15, 2008
I agree that Baron will be miserable in a Clips uniform, but they are good enough to put up a fight as well as beat up on east teams. I'm tired of uninformed writers constantly stating that Monta can't play point when they have nothing to base that on. So far, he has stepped up and exceeded the expectations of a second round pick at every thing he was asked to do. To get off the bench, he needed to score. The team had no rebounders last year, so he stepped up and outrebounded players like Prince and Kirelinko and was 6th in rebounds for 2guards at a small 6'3". He does what the team asks of him. He was never asked to play point. And to the argument that the W's turn a promising young player into something he isn't: You have to go back to Webber for that. Joe Smith was a 4 who played 4; Jamison was a 4 in college and has proven to be a natural 3 in the nba who played 3 & 4 at GS; Latrell was more of a 3 at Alabama, but was obviously a 2 and became an allstar at the position; Richardson was a 3 in college but turned to a 2 at GS and he adapted well. Good argument dude. The Dubs didn't pick up Maggette to come off the bench, and Nelson stated at the Summer Leagues that Monta will play point, with Jack at the 2, Maggette at the 3, AH at the 4, and AB in the middle. Check your resources, and even if you choose not to believe Nelson, state that he has referenced the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elton Brand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Talk Josh Sm... (Feb '13) Feb '13 King Dyce 1
News Mavericks reflect on Connecticut tragedy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Douglas 1
News Pacers Showing Interest in O.J. Mayo & Elton Br... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony E 1
News Philadelphia 76ers: 8 Free Agents They Will Pur... (Jul '12) Jul '12 xKingxDycex 2
News My Favorite Offseason Plan (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
News Philadelphia 76ers: Why Pau Gasol Would Be a Gr... (Jun '12) Jun '12 xKingxDycex 1
News Celtics, Sixers prepare for another seventh gam... (May '12) May '12 ummmm 1
More from around the web