Hill staying with Suns; now what for Knicks?

Full story: Newsday

Donnie Walsh made two earnest attempts at a big splash in free agency, but both proved to be fruitless and, as a result, he will likely have to stay busy deep into August.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2009
35 Years

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Do you think free agents' apparent lack of interest in NY bodes poorly for 2010? After all, Kidd I can understand, but Hill won't earn much more in 2 yrs in Phoenix than he could've in 1 yr in NY. And that stuff about "unfinished business" seems specious. With no Shaq and a 35-yr-old Nash, I don't see the Suns as contenders next year.
Old Knick Fan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Apparently even lower-level free agents are not flocking to the Knicks. New York, D'Antony are not sufficent lures even when the Knicks are willing to pay double the market value. Does not bode well for 2010 and the likes of King James, Dwayne Wade, etc. We fans can look forward to paying for many more years of loosing basketball while making James Dolan even richer.
Phil

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Hill can stay with the Suns all he wants, the celtics are the ones going to keep dominating. (if they stay healthy that is
Mike

Summit, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Alan, we're going to read a lot of stories this weekend about how much weight Curry has lost. How much different he looks, etc...
I want to know how much Curry WEIGHS. An accurate, specific number.
Get it done...
MOONLIGHT

Cagua, Venezuela

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

:)p
Lazyass Millionairhead

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Eddy Curry is so fat, when I yell KOOL-AID, he comes busting thru the wall.

whatchoo weighin, Eddy?
islesfan

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Wait, I thought everyone wanted to play for D'Antoni. Guess not since not even has beens are willing to come play for him here.

Let's sum up:

- 2 lame, 1 literally, lottery picks.
- No PG after passing up on several in the last 2 drafts.
- Complete inactivity on the Lee and Nate front over the past calendar year when options were better than just waiting to see if you want to match or sign them knowing they will take up cap space you can't give up if you're playing for 2010. Lost an opportunity to trade Jeffries with Nate.
- Not a single player added to this roster that would help attract a top free agent in 2010.

Don't worry Donnie, you can go back to sleep until next year's trade deadline soon.
Mike

Olney, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

No one wants to sign with Knicks!
Truth Teller

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Good players will sign with the Knicks, next off season...All we're talking about here are two has-beens who are looking for more money than the Knicks have at the moment, or a shot at a title this coming season which the Knicks can't offer.

It will take one star player (it won't be LeBron) to sign next season, and all will follow.

Oh, and Curry's so fat, when he steps on the weight scale it says to be continued.
Nick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Hay mike I am with you on that comment. We dont want to hear about free agents we could have had, lets stick to he present here. HOW DOES EDDY CURRY LOOK ALAN? You'ave been in VEGAS for two days and the loyal readers and true knick fans want to know the guy looks like. Stop feeding us crap and stay true to your profession.Yes we know who owns newsday, but at the end of the day your still a respectable journalist. Please dont loose your credibility with the real knick fans. Give us the info were looking for.
OBREEZY

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

I'm not botherd @ all by this. Hill would've been great but this might mean even more playing time for our young guys like Gallo & J.Hill & without Kidd, Douglas who I thinks gonna be great too. I really believe that we've addressed the huge problems we had last year & that's a post presence and shot blocking & of course #1, defense. Go Knicks
Jerry

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Now What? Oh my gosh we should just roll over and die. C'mon he's 37. Lets go after Ramon Sessions. If we can't get him, lets wait, other teams will approach us with scenarios. We aren't going to win a championship this year, although you never know.

Donnie has been good at picking up D league players. Right now I like the way the Knicks are sitting if they can sign Lee and Robinson. Think about it, you have returning Chandler, Lee, Robinson and Duhon, all young players with another year under their belt. You have Curry, Gallo, Jordan Hill, Douglas, Jeffries, Milicic and Sene all returning from injuries or joining the team. That is 7 players right there. Those players aren't bad players, they give us shotblocking, and a low post game, something we didn't have last year. Games lost by a couple of points will now be won. Gallo will open the middle with his 3's. We have a very good team right now and HELL no, I'm not joking. The talent is there. If everyone is healthy, watch out. The Knicks were in the mix for the playoffs last year, this year they should/could win between 45 and 55 games, easily. There is no excuse for not winning. It might take a little while but Mike has all the peices and should be able to win with this team. Pick up Tracy McGrady and we have the x-factor for the playoffs, the guy we need to create when there is no shot and fill the voild at SG.
Jerry

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

The Knicks had a chance to pick up Channing Frye who would have been a nice bench player. He was behind too many in Portland. He is going to be a player in Phoenix if he gets time. The Knicks sins keep mounting.
sign and trade

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Why not trade Lee,and Curry to Phoenix for Nash and Hill?
NJim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Cause Phoenix isn't that stupid
jperez

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Thank God Hill decided to stay with the Suns. What an assinine waste of time courting Hill or Kidd. What were they going to do for us - earn us the the 7th slot in the lottery instead of the 6th. Face it, we suck and are going to continue to suck until 2010, so until then continue doing what you do best and suck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eddy Curry Discussions

Search the Eddy Curry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
Former Bulls player Eddy Curry's Burr Ridge hom... (Jul '09) Jan '11 Obama 10
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••