With new Knicks coach, Randolph has n...

With new Knicks coach, Randolph has new attitude

There are 9 comments on the AMNY story from Oct 6, 2008, titled With new Knicks coach, Randolph has new attitude. In it, AMNY reports that:

As much as Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni have said players such as Zach Randolph have a "clean slate" this season, it is Randolph who has wiped it clean for the new regime as well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

godtwin

AOL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
I read the papers almost everyday online. Well the NY papers because I no longer live in the city but I will always be a New Yorker. I use to think you were a fair writer at best. I felt like most of your comments about the team and Marbury in particular were on point. But now I am swinging in Marbury's favor. Your writing about Zebo and taking plugs at Marbury.......... Why? I now believe this guy when he says you have a personal issue with him. Learn how to report the facts and deal with your personal issues on your own time.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2008
godtwin wrote:
I read the papers almost everyday online. Well the NY papers because I no longer live in the city but I will always be a New Yorker. I use to think you were a fair writer at best. I felt like most of your comments about the team and Marbury in particular were on point. But now I am swinging in Marbury's favor. Your writing about Zebo and taking plugs at Marbury.......... Why? I now believe this guy when he says you have a personal issue with him. Learn how to report the facts and deal with your personal issues on your own time.
unfortunately that's what passes for sports journalism. THey thinks it's there jhob to identify which player to focus on, or blame for a teams problems. When Arod didn't get a hit or SO 3 times in a August game, the haedlines where 'BLAME AROD'. When David Wright wiffed with the Mets playoff chances on the line in game 162, ot was a 'TEAM' loss. Similarly it was Marbury's fault that Larry Brown used 60+ different lineups. I think sport writers sit back and laugh at fans who do whatever say like hold up headlines with 'BOO fill-in-the-blank'. Athletes aren't the only one's with big ego's
pverne

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Oct 6, 2008
I have been, like most Knick fans, hoping that Randolph would be traded. What a great story it could be if he becomes a better player! Regardless of the ultimate decision to keep him or trade him, this is encouraging news.

As for the above posts, have you followed Marbury's career?
True Grit

New York, NY

#4 Oct 6, 2008
Marbury has been nothing but personal stats with any team he has played for. He is as talented as he is selfish. He has never made any team around him better, which is what defines a leader at the point position. I would like to see different persona this year. What are the odds that will happen?
phill

New York, NY

#5 Oct 6, 2008
i know all the writers in ny have a problem with marbury... why?! all the haters who say he never made his team better are fools !!! he gets 20 & 8 his whole career!! parker avg.4,fisher avg.6,billups avg.7 & rondo avg. 7 !!!! so do they make they team better ?!!! you all are fools who listen to these writers!!! if u have a team who can create there own shot like kobe,duncan,wallace & wade, with his 20 & 8 it'll be alot different... stop hating on the man & get the right players around him.. nobody says nothing when chris paul chucking, when tony parkers chuking, when billups chucking & when monte ellis chucking... these new york fans are starting to worry me cuase they don't know b-ball !!!' I SE U JOCKING STARBURY JOCKING STARBURY( YEAH!) I SEE YOU JOCKING STARBURY JOCKING STARBURY(YEAH!)HE'S SO 20 & 8 FRESH!!!! HATERS!!!!!!!!
phill

New York, NY

#6 Oct 6, 2008
YOU HAVE BECOME THE NXET HATER IN NY!! START DUHON,MABURY,CHANDLER,LEE & RANDOLPH--- WITH NATE,AWFUL CRAWFORD,JEFFRIES & CURRY OFF THE BENCH... ANYONE WHO KNOWS B-BALL KNOWS THATS THE COMBONATION TO USE... I SEE YOU JOCKING STARBURY JOCKING STARBURY (YEAH!) I SEE U JOCKING STARBURY JOCKING STARBURY (YEAH!) HE'S SO 20 & 8 FRESH!!! LET'S GO NY KNICKS!!!
Bandola

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Oct 6, 2008
I don't know what everybody thinks... but Randolph plays ball and he comes from Portland so why would he be use to running just because the knicks didn't last year.
venom

Albany, NY

#8 Oct 7, 2008
True Grit wrote:
Marbury has been nothing but personal stats with any team he has played for. He is as talented as he is selfish. He has never made any team around him better, which is what defines a leader at the point position. I would like to see different persona this year. What are the odds that will happen?
BS. Marbury had his worst year last year averaging 13ppg. THat would be a career BEST year for every other PG on the KNicks roster including Duhon. THE new system requires that every player that is open can make a 15 ft shot... Lee, Jefferies, Crawford all 30% or less shooters
True Grit

Warren, NJ

#9 Oct 8, 2008
venom wrote:
<quoted text>BS. Marbury had his worst year last year averaging 13ppg. THat would be a career BEST year for every other PG on the KNicks roster including Duhon. THE new system requires that every player that is open can make a 15 ft shot... Lee, Jefferies, Crawford all 30% or less shooters
BS - Starbury does not make any team better. He does not make his teammates better. Look at the track record. Teams win after he leaves them. Starbury is great in his own mind. That said, maybe he'll thrive in the new system..until he starts moping around again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web