D'Antoni has to get past his Marbury ...

D'Antoni has to get past his Marbury frustration

There are 36 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 23, 2008, titled D'Antoni has to get past his Marbury frustration. In it, Newsday reports that:

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is an emotional man. It's an inextricable part of his charm, same as his run-and-gun offense and his refreshing, throwback idea that an NBA coach still can call out his players when ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bulljive

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 23, 2008
Article seems clueless. All he does is answer the questions he is asked..You idiots are the ones who keep asking him about Marbury..typical spin
BigTyme

King George, VA

#2 Nov 23, 2008
You white folks are something else; last time I checked it was D'AnPhony who created this WHOLE distraction by being a emotional, charming and refreshing LIAR!!! You Bigots need to let it go, because we are on a level playing field now!
UncleMario

Iselin, NJ

#3 Nov 23, 2008
Why does Marbury apologists have to resort to calling people names?
Cosmo

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 23, 2008
It seems like Walsh blew it by hiring D'Anphony. He is so obsessed with getting back at Marbury for something that happened in the past. It is obvious that nothing matters until 2010, I guess coach mike did not get the memo. He could have played Marbury from game 1, no distraction, Dolan is paying him anyway, use him.
Do you think Lebron would come to this mess?

Since: Nov 08

Williston, ND

#5 Nov 23, 2008
I don't like D'Antoni or Marbury. Both have been overrated their whole careers.
k9crapola

Lakeland, FL

#6 Nov 23, 2008
pukbury, I mean stinkbury, or maybe fucbury, $hitbury, dungbury, cumbury, or what ever his name is he has to get out of new york...he can pork his little fat chicks some where else. his basketball skills suck. speakin of suckin star bury, I got a big white one eyed snake here for you to gobble up like a turkey since its thanksgivin.......hey pukbury, fFUC YOOO and eat the $HIT out my A$$ YOU black jungle bugga....
k9crapola

Lakeland, FL

#7 Nov 23, 2008
hey bigtime .......you an cumbury hav gotta go!!!!!!
KJ from Queens

Atlanta, GA

#8 Nov 24, 2008
k9crapola wrote:
pukbury, I mean stinkbury, or maybe fucbury,$hitbury, dungbury, cumbury, or what ever his name is he has to get out of new york...he can pork his little fat chicks some where else. his basketball skills suck. speakin of suckin star bury, I got a big white one eyed snake here for you to gobble up like a turkey since its thanksgivin.......hey pukbury, fFUC YOOO and eat the $HIT out my **** YOU black jungle bugga....
You voted for McCain huh, I'm sorry.
mr stretch

United States

#9 Nov 24, 2008
As long as the Knicks DONT PLAY DEFENSE - it doesnt matter who they have coaching or playing. PUT UP YOUR %$#@ ARMS WHEN SOMEONE ATTEMPTS A SHOT! YOU GET PAID ENOUGH MONEY TO BE A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER! ACT LIKE ONE! PLAY DEFENSE! HARD FOULD SOMEONE WHO DRIVES THE LANE...
Hehateme

Totowa, NJ

#10 Nov 24, 2008
I dont think Marbury is a liar, i do think that dantoni did told him he is not part of the plans that same day they played the knicks played the bucks. Just play the guy and let his game do the talkin..........
ben

United States

#11 Nov 24, 2008
ya this is a little ridiculous...either play him or let him move on...i think there is no choice but to play him, since the whole rebuilding process and this team will be dismantled in 2010 anyways....the only thing we have to put a smile on our faces is nate robinson...this will make you smile: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bc...

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#12 Nov 24, 2008
Hehateme wrote:
I dont think Marbury is a liar, i do think that dantoni did told him he is not part of the plans that same day they played the knicks played the bucks. Just play the guy and let his game do the talkin..........
I don't think he had to tell Marbury anything. He only activated him because the league requires you to have 8 players active for a game. the great D'Anton said asmuch in the pregame. IF he could have gotten away with activating a injured again,he would have.
Mailbum44

Richmond, VA

#13 Nov 24, 2008
I have been a knick fan since 1972. But the way that D'toni has treated Marbury I would never trust him to do right by anyone. This is NY. What goes around comes around. I do not wish anything bad on D'toni or Walsh if he is the true snake but what they have to Marbury. They have lie about a fair chance when he got to camp, and then when they said he is not playing because he not part of the future. Well show me who is other than the free agent class of 2010.

free marbury
Mailbum44

Richmond, VA

#14 Nov 24, 2008
K9crapola, is bush, maCain or D'toni your daddy. If it is white it cant be all that big can it? You sound like punk who eats and puts stuff in his mouth. grow up.
WTF

Rensselaer, NY

#15 Nov 24, 2008
Johnette do you know anything about the NBA? Dantoni is a moron. IF THEY KNEW ALL ALONG THAT MOST OF THESE KNICKS WERE GOING TO BE TRADED FOR SALARY CAP RELIEF THEN WHY DID HE NOT GIVE MARBURY A CHANCE WHEN THE SEASON STARTED? I mean even if he hated Marbury, you can't just tell someone to go away just because of their reputation. A new coach should have given anyone a clean slate. Anyways once the knicks figure out that they arent going anywhere with no defense Dantoni walsh is going to fire him as well. i give him four years in New york, and im being generous.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 25, 2008
Cosmo wrote:
It seems like Walsh blew it by hiring D'Anphony. He is so obsessed with getting back at Marbury for something that happened in the past. It is obvious that nothing matters until 2010, I guess coach mike did not get the memo. He could have played Marbury from game 1, no distraction, Dolan is paying him anyway, use him.
Do you think Lebron would come to this mess?
Professional players pay attention to how frachises treat their players. Players in the NBA may all agree that MArbury has an inflated view of himself (but what NBA player doesn't)
but I would bet that NONE of them think this treatment is warranted. Can'twait for Lebron to announce that he has no interest in coming to NY so we can here what plan B is for Walsh/D'Anton. It will probably be 'it's not OUR fault Lebron turned down the money we offered'.

Since: Nov 08

Williston, ND

#17 Nov 25, 2008
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
<quoted text>Professional players pay attention to how frachises treat their players. Players in the NBA may all agree that MArbury has an inflated view of himself (but what NBA player doesn't)
but I would bet that NONE of them think this treatment is warranted. Can'twait for Lebron to announce that he has no interest in coming to NY so we can here what plan B is for Walsh/D'Anton. It will probably be 'it's not OUR fault Lebron turned down the money we offered'.
excellent point.
pickNroll22

United States

#18 Nov 25, 2008
either trade him or get rid of him...this is gettin ridiculous and becoming a distraction to everyone around
Joamiq

Blackwood, NJ

#19 Nov 27, 2008
After Q-Rich's comments, everything about the team having moved on needs to be reconsidered. Clearly D'Antoni is not the only one who has a problem with Marbury.

Location hidden

#20 Nov 28, 2008
Joamiq wrote:
After Q-Rich's comments, everything about the team having moved on needs to be reconsidered. Clearly D'Antoni is not the only one who has a problem with Marbury.
Q-Rich gets to act like the team leader now and everybody listens to him because he has the great D'Anton's ear.... but of course Q-rich doesn't have an ego the size of Marbury's RIGHT?!! he sure doesn't have the talent... In just two weeks the team has gone from one where we looked forward to the games and team improvement leading to the playoffs to one that will continue lose by large margins on it'sway to the lottery. If Isiah had drafted a guy like Galinari who gets injured after ONE summer game, I think the media coverage would be different.. we can only wonder why Walsh/D'Anton continue to get a free pass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web