Knicks should pursue Ron Artest

Knicks should pursue Ron Artest

There are 36 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Knicks should pursue Ron Artest. In it, Newsday reports that:

We've established that there is very little chance of keeping Zach Randolph from filling up boxscores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
scottk

Troy, MI

#22 Jul 4, 2007
Perfect idea. You would be adding another idiot to the Dolan, Thomas and Randolph trio.
If I were David Lee I would welcome a way to get hell off of the Knicks. They are a team without a vision or a future.
Giacomo

Newport Beach, CA

#23 Jul 4, 2007
I agree it would be spectacular in either way, but at what cost? Frye and Francis are gone. The Knicks should not trade Lee or Balkman. Will the Kings want anybody else from the roster? I see Dickau, Jones, Jeffries, Richardson, Robinson, Rose, and the two new rookies. I suppose there is value somewhere in there. Perhaps Robinson, Dickau, Richardson and cash? Or Malik Rose instead of Richardson? The price would have to be pretty low, the Kings would not get anyone with anywhere near the same talent as Artest.
sammy

Belleville, Canada

#24 Jul 4, 2007
Giacomo wrote:
I agree it would be spectacular in either way, but at what cost? Frye and Francis are gone. The Knicks should not trade Lee or Balkman. Will the Kings want anybody else from the roster? I see Dickau, Jones, Jeffries, Richardson, Robinson, Rose, and the two new rookies. I suppose there is value somewhere in there. Perhaps Robinson, Dickau, Richardson and cash? Or Malik Rose instead of Richardson? The price would have to be pretty low, the Kings would not get anyone with anywhere near the same talent as Artest.
First thing Knicks need to do is get rid of their rapist coach!
starburyfan

Pooler, GA

#25 Jul 4, 2007
excuse me but wtf does the quote by giacomo have to do with your idiotic remarks about isiah? no one has accused isiah of rape, you canadian dickwad.
Raghu Bala

Laguna Hills, CA

#26 Jul 5, 2007
I 1000% agree...
Sometimes people mature and change and I think Artest will fit in MSG like a glove
He is a great athlete and his style reminds me of Anthony Mason at his best
Honch

Nesconset, NY

#27 Jul 5, 2007
Artest, Marbury, Isiah, possibly Kobe...
Memo to self: My daughter can NEVER go to a Knick's game again!
Latest quote from Artest:
"Where all the white women at?"
Thugication

Anchorage, AK

#28 Jul 6, 2007
If we remember correctly, the antidote to the beautiful game played by the teams out west is overly physical D.

By the way, Artest carried St. Johns to the Elite 8. If the Knicks trade for him, they should hire Mike Jarvis to be his personal coach. He needs counseling so lets give him a counselor.

Artest to the Knicks! Hundred guns m*thaf*ckas!
Mike Bibby

Antelope, CA

#29 Jul 7, 2007
Get Artest on the next plane smoking to NYC. Give us Lee,Jamal Crawford, or Balkman.
Deb S

Kent, OH

#30 Jul 7, 2007
Mike Bibby wrote:
Get Artest on the next plane smoking to NYC. Give us Lee,Jamal Crawford, or Balkman.
Bibby wouldn't say that.
scottk

Troy, MI

#31 Jul 9, 2007
omar wrote:
We label Steph a thug, and all he does is bring affordable clothing to the inner-city. We label Zeek a bad GM, but he resurected the knicks after the awfull Layden years, and is making the Garden exciting again. The knicks never won anything in the 90's . Infact each summer they felt short, 94 was the only year they somewhat achieved their potential. Latrell Sprewell was more of a headcase than Artest, an remmeber the garden in 99 and 2000, it was rocking. Last pt. if starks was head butting, Oak body slamming, X choking other players, and Mase fighting ...all those knicks would have been bad character guys. P Ewing was also a regular at strip clubs. New York city isnt a soft city..u guys posting arent really from new york, probably re-located here, or from a suburb around new york city..lets bring tuffness and aditude back to the garden, get Artest and compete for this championship
If you think Isaah has resurrected the Garden and made it exiting again you haven't a clue. He along with dolan have completely ruined the Knicks and have guaranteed NYC mediocre b-ball for years to come. The more he keeps adding salary to the cap the further you are from being able to sign players like Kobe or Lebron who are true difference makers.
the blogfather

AOL

#32 Jul 9, 2007
the only worse duo than dolan and thomas is bush - cheney
scottk

Troy, MI

#33 Jul 15, 2007
the blogfather wrote:
the only worse duo than dolan and thomas is bush - cheney
Right on!!!!!
Harrison Freebird

Clackamas, OR

#34 Jul 20, 2007
8ball wrote:
i'm opening a bail bond business on 8th ave and 33st if they get artest
Your star client will be Zach and his posse of thugs. Trust what I say.
Harrison Freebird

Clackamas, OR

#35 Jul 20, 2007
Honch wrote:
Artest, Marbury, Isiah, possibly Kobe...
Memo to self: My daughter can NEVER go to a Knick's game again!
Latest quote from Artest:
"Where all the white women at?"
No need to put Zach in the mix, he spends all his spare time getting lap dances.
Autumn

Miami, FL

#36 Oct 5, 2007
jack diiorio wrote:
yes i think ron artest will help the ny knicks be a contender for a playoff spot this year but to be a contender for a nba title the ny knicks need a star center is ewing available to play this year or bring in garnett and then the ny knicks will have all the tools to win a tiltle thank u very much jack in long island ny
Jack- is this you?? It's Autumn!! I found this article and I think you posted a comment?? You should e-mail me, I got married!! [email protected]
Friend

New York, NY

#37 Aug 12, 2008
jack diiorio wrote:
yes i think ron artest will help the ny knicks be a contender for a playoff spot this year but to be a contender for a nba title the ny knicks need a star center is ewing available to play this year or bring in garnett and then the ny knicks will have all the tools to win a tiltle thank u very much jack in long island ny
You should be more concerned about Diane and Frankie. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web