Knicks should pursue Ron Artest

Knicks should pursue Ron Artest

There are 36 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Knicks should pursue Ron Artest. In it, Newsday reports that:

We've established that there is very little chance of keeping Zach Randolph from filling up boxscores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
8ball

AOL

#1 Jul 3, 2007
i'm opening a bail bond business on 8th ave and 33st if they get artest
Craig

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jul 3, 2007
artest with randolph and curry would give the knicks a front line tandem like ewing, oakley and mason. personally speaking i think the knicks should get him because artest can score a lot when he gets hot, a very good defender, can create his own shot plus he is from nyc.
Craig

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jul 3, 2007
artest with randolph and curry would give the knicks a tandem like ewing, oakley and mason. getting artest is a good thing. he can score alot when he gets hot, he s a very good defender, can rebound, can create his own shot and is from nyc. the knicks should get him now. tell isiah thomas to get the deal done as soon as he can.
counselor

Lake Forest, IL

#4 Jul 3, 2007
With really good and intense counseling, my favorite star would surely make a nearly perfect player. As he is now,however,he's too loose of a canon to be seriously considered as a dependable player on a championship team.
starburyfan

Johnsonville, NY

#5 Jul 3, 2007
can't forget the brawl, can't wipe it out of my mind.
artest is a great basketball player, but he was raised the wrong way, he has no control over his emotions.
you're right, isiah was rumored to not have been a fan of artest.
if isiah makes a move for artest, that could signify that q's back surgery could be career-theatening in magnitude.
i personally think it would be too wild of a knick team with artest on there.
if isiah feels he must, i could live with a trade of Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries for Artest. I COULD NOT LIVE WITH THE LOSS OF LEE OR BALKMAN just to get the volatile Artest, especially when I think about when he just signed that last contract of his and was talking about retiring early to focus on his rap career. i lost a lot of respect for the guy when he said that because it is SO UNPROFESSIONAL.
whatever. either isiah gets this team to the playoffs this year, or THEY SHOULD FIRE HIS ASS, once and for all.
dud dew

Norristown, PA

#6 Jul 3, 2007
...and spectacular is all that counts among the new breed of Toy Department employees, isn't it? There are no issues beyond buzz and wins. Provide enough of either for folks whose souls run on empty much of the time, and you're home free, Scribe?
My comparison for Riley's unimaginative and, when chips were down, characterless badboys was Eddie Donovan's concoction. Class (with the possible exception of country-boy-in-big- city Walt) on and off the court, cohesiveness
(great lessons for larger community, to the questionable extent the larger community takes lessons from sports at all), grace under pressure, and uncommon intelligence.
So don't abuse the collective "you" by telling me I would enjoy this team if it wins.
I will enjoy it if it even casts a pale shadow of the above, and its members take their roles as fathers and guides seriously, invests their time and money in more important enterprises than winning little-boy games, and daily attendance at plastic and sad strip joints.
MMann

Tel Aviv, Israel

#7 Jul 4, 2007
Earlier this week I blasted the Z Randolph trade as another Isaiah move of big pr, alot of smoke but no attention to the details of TEAM building for the future and having a winner.

Since Isaiah is incapable of patiently building a winning team, he might as well trade assets for a shot now. Artest fills a huge void at small forward - on defense and 3 pt shooting. He just might get them to the playoffs this year, before he and the team implode.

On the other hand, I would not want to be the coach who has to tell Randolph, Artest, Marbury, Crawford and Curry that there is only one basketball to play with at a time.
nykfanatic

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 4, 2007
I am in favor of trade for Artest so long as we do not have to give up Lee. Balkman and one of the JJ's would make sense. not sure what SAC can get from others and what it wants
I would suggest we also move Nate Rob to Seattle for Earl Watson to reduce the number of volatile players. EW would be a good backup pg. In either deal, include one of our expiring contracts as needed ( Rose, Dickau,or Jones). I would keep Rose for character reasons, if possible.
Cyrano

Sag Harbor, NY

#10 Jul 4, 2007
The Knicks should only acquire Artest if MSG plans to air practices as a reality series.

Here's a guy who loves to shoot, and thinks he's deserves to shoot (even though statistics suggest that he's not very good at it), so let's put him on the floor with Curry, Randolph, and Crawford. Let's watch the team self-destruct before our eyes.

I tell you, I don't know who's more clueless: the writers who suggest this stuff or the people running the Garden. God forbid that the Knicks actually put a foundation of young, stable, fundamentally sound, athletic players in place, and let them develop. God forbid that Cablevision ultimately get a clue - which this off-season would have involved James Dolan hiring a boss with stones to "manage" Isiah Thomas.
Observer

Stamford, CT

#11 Jul 4, 2007
we have already started an office pool for the day Zach first gets suspended. Artest is simply another pool - maybe a parlay...

Since: May 07

Anderson, SC

#12 Jul 4, 2007
This is a prime example why idiot sportswriters should simply report facts and not try to play gm. Another slow sports news day and so we now have to read this crap. Wow, he only had one problem with Isaiah! There's a glowing report! Yes, let's go get a guy who could not handle the scrutiny of the vast media in Indiana, who would rather be a rap star and who has been a bad apple since day one. People forget he was the NBA bad boy BEFORE the Throwdown in Motown. Hey there's an idea- a steel cage tag team match- Randolph and Artest could be the Knicks entry
MrRight

Largo, FL

#13 Jul 4, 2007
Mr. Berger it must be a slow day at Newsday. Trade for Ron Artest...really now!
msg4ever

Winter Haven, FL

#14 Jul 4, 2007
The only hope for the Knick franchise is to say goodbye to Isaiah! He is a stone cold liar, has a very small basketball IQ (you can be a great player and a totally dumb ass about the game, see Michael Jordan) Isaiah blamed Larry for the Stevie debacle, obviously it was Isaiah who wanted to overstock the backcourt with Francis and Dudbary both of which could never play together. Now he adds Randolph to Curry another obvious mismatch and he now wants to add Artest to this mix and you actually beleive that these three could get on the court and share 1 basketball? For those who are knowledgable about the game, you know that this is probably the worst chemistry yet during the debacle we know as the Isaiah campaign. Not only has he put together a laughing stock roster, he has actually raised the payroll in doing so. The only thing this team has a chance of excelling at is the Police Blotter, certainly with Artest and Randolph the city's finest will get a lot of play! Maybe Isaiah will lose the sexual harrasment suit and Dolan will snap out of it and show Isaiah the door.

Since: May 07

Anderson, SC

#15 Jul 4, 2007
After much research I have determined that Isaiah is an enemy plant sent here by the NBA to decimate the Knicks and remove NYC and MSG as "The Mecca". The Mecca will be relocated to San Antonio and "The City Game" will be renamed America's NBA Most Wanted.
ThroopAveKnickFa n

United States

#16 Jul 4, 2007
While I see where Artest could help...I don't give D.Lee to SAC for him. I think we had good draft with some promising talent.. Lets see the kids play in the summer league first.. Chill a bit Zeke and see what diamonds you may have drafted...
KGtoNYrememberth at

Baltimore, MD

#17 Jul 4, 2007
First off, what's this "we've" established that there is very little chance Randolph fills up the boxscore. I believe that "you" have established that, and no one else. Just like you established that New York is the likely destination for Kobe in like 15 columns you've written. Still waiting on that trade, it was supposed to happen a few weeks ago. Now you say Ron Artest. Are you kidding? Curry, Randolph, Artest. Yeah, it would be interesting but so too would be if you stopped writing about such idiotic ideas. Instead of writing about these stupid scenariois why don't you go out and actually report on what GMs are talking about. Every year, I read the same garbage from whoever the NBA person is. KG to the Knicks, Chris Webber to the Knicks. AI to the Knicks. Now the flavor from your end appears to be Kobe, and for some reason Ron Artest, too. However, no one reported the Zach Randolph possibility even once. And one more thing, if at some point you use "crazy as it sounds" in one of your columns, then it usually is and you shouldn't write it.
omar

Middletown, CT

#18 Jul 4, 2007
We label Steph a thug, and all he does is bring affordable clothing to the inner-city. We label Zeek a bad GM, but he resurected the knicks after the awfull Layden years, and is making the Garden exciting again. The knicks never won anything in the 90's . Infact each summer they felt short, 94 was the only year they somewhat achieved their potential. Latrell Sprewell was more of a headcase than Artest, an remmeber the garden in 99 and 2000, it was rocking. Last pt. if starks was head butting, Oak body slamming, X choking other players, and Mase fighting ...all those knicks would have been bad character guys. P Ewing was also a regular at strip clubs. New York city isnt a soft city..u guys posting arent really from new york, probably re-located here, or from a suburb around new york city..lets bring tuffness and aditude back to the garden, get Artest and compete for this championship
Bradshaw

Bronx, NY

#19 Jul 4, 2007
Ok, if you remember back not too long ago, we had Mason, Oakley, Ewing, Starks and Sprewell. Dont even compare them to this bunch...Not even a playoff run with this squad..Put all your money into Garnett and lets stop with the bandaids..
jack diiorio

AOL

#20 Jul 4, 2007
yes i think ron artest would be a great player here in ny and will help the ny knicks contend for a playoff spot and maybe contender for a title we still need a solid center bring back ewing for 1 year and the ny knicks will have all the tools for a tiltle
jack diiorio

AOL

#21 Jul 4, 2007
yes i think ron artest will help the ny knicks be a contender for a playoff spot this year but to be a contender for a nba title the ny knicks need a star center is ewing available to play this year or bring in garnett and then the ny knicks will have all the tools to win a tiltle thank u very much jack in long island ny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web