D'Antoni shows Marbury, fans who's in...

D'Antoni shows Marbury, fans who's in charge

There are 29 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 31, 2008, titled D'Antoni shows Marbury, fans who's in charge. In it, Newsday reports that:

There's a phrase that's used in law and novel- writing and a lot of other problem-solving professions about "finding an elegant solution." And it's generally applied when someone - in this case, new Knicks ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobbay

Warwick, NY

#22 Oct 31, 2008
jaysupreme wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Bobbay -so let me ask you this. If you were getting fired from your job would you prefer to have your boss tell you face to face or would you rather find a letter in your door while your leaving to go to work that says "by the way, you're fired". Basically that's what Dantoni did and that's why some people such as myself have a problem with it.
It's not about whether Steph plays or not. The way it was handled was wrong. No I won't be getting used to D'antoni's approach. Sorry, u need to lighten up. You're the one that obviously got all pissed off by my post because I dared to challenge the coaches behavior. I'm not supporting this team any longer as long as Dantoni is coach and behaves this way.
I'd rather support some other NYC players like Artest and Alston that are on a real team like Houston. Steph's gonna get his $ this year and then next year he can go play for a real team while the Knicks continue to lose. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Get fired and still collect $21 million??? FIRE AWAY!!
And I'm lightened up, I just think the guy should be given a little bit of time before he is judged. So you go root for your Rockets or whtever other loser team you pick and when the day comes that you are ready to jump back on the bandwagon just remember that a true fan doesn't jump ship like you did. coward.
jaysupreme

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Oct 31, 2008
Bobbay wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm lightened up, I just think the guy should be given a little bit of time before he is judged. So you go root for your Rockets or whtever other loser team you pick and when the day comes that you are ready to jump back on the bandwagon just remember that a true fan doesn't jump ship
like you did. coward.
LOL.... U don't sound lightened up to me Bobbay!!! AWWWWWWW did I anger you?? Poor lil baby! A real man doesn't respect Cowards. Only another coward would respect the cowardly act that Dantoni pulled. That was a biatch move - purely based on emotion just like a woman and that's why you support him because you're all emotional now just like a woman! LOL. Why don't you go see your gyn and get a papsmear. I think your ovaries have cancer cells growin in them and if left unchecked they might spread to others on this blog. Fagit!
jaysupreme

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Oct 31, 2008
Bobbay wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm lightened up, I just think the guy should be given a little bit of time before he is judged. So you go root for your Rockets or whtever other loser team you pick and when the day comes that you are ready to jump back on the bandwagon just remember that a true fan doesn't jump ship like you did. coward.
BTW, Rockets will have a better record than the Knicks. Artest is better than David Lee and Knicks are still gonna lose without Marbury playing. Then who are you gonna make the scapegoat you lil biatch!
Bobbay

Warwick, NY

#25 Oct 31, 2008
jaysupreme wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Rockets will have a better record than the Knicks. Artest is better than David Lee and Knicks are still gonna lose without Marbury playing. Then who are you gonna make the scapegoat you lil biatch!
WOW with predictions like that you should work for ESPN.
Bobbay

Warwick, NY

#26 Oct 31, 2008
jaysupreme wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.... U don't sound lightened up to me Bobbay!!! AWWWWWWW did I anger you?? Poor lil baby! A real man doesn't respect Cowards. Only another coward would respect the cowardly act that Dantoni pulled. That was a biatch move - purely based on emotion just like a woman and that's why you support him because you're all emotional now just like a woman! LOL. Why don't you go see your gyn and get a papsmear. I think your ovaries have cancer cells growin in them and if left unchecked they might spread to others on this blog.****!
dude you are seriously r*tarted. I won't stoop to your level past that. Wait...anyone who still says biatch and thinks it's funny is gay.
knicks fan

Woodhaven, NY

#27 Oct 31, 2008
Marbury - 1. Dandy D'Anton - 0.
bkzheart

Marietta, GA

#28 Oct 31, 2008
look i read all the comments and the knicks NEED stephon this year if they wanna make the playoffs. chris duhon is a proven LOSER, and nate is still inconsistent. down the stretch jamal is going to need the help of another scorer besides david lee, and wilson chandler. the only other person on the roster who fits that description is steph. im a HUGE knicks fan and i want nothing more than to see the team win, and whether you all like it or not their chances is better with steph on the court. you'll see deeper into the season; they're gonna need him. and as far as mike, he's following isiah it's unprofessional to put team business in the media before you approach the player's involved. instead of benching steph they need to work out a deal with the clippers so him and baron davis could be one of the most explosive backcourts in the nba
Chuck

Pacific, MO

#29 Oct 31, 2008
Not playing Marbury is absolutley insane....We all know he's not gonna be here next year...But like it or not he gives the Knicks the best chance of winning and I thought that was the name of the game...So if you're not gonna play him, then why is he still here?
I think the new regime is just being vindictive and the excuse given is just that...AN EXCUSE. You mean to tell me that D'Antoni been a head coach in the league and doesnt know the capability of these guys. Give me a freakin break!!! I think the Knick you exibiting a total lack of class. Why embarass the guy and pay him all that dough, for doing Jack. What kind of message can you send to a guy who makes 21 mil a year. What a joke this organization has become and still is. "Red" has to be rolling over in his grave. I'm still a fan...but
jaysupreme

Bronx, NY

#30 Nov 1, 2008
I think it's great that they deactivated Marbury. Now the Marbury haters can't use him as an excuse anymore. Great for Steph!!!!!

These same people have been saying that the team is better without him. Now it time to put up or shut up. Judging by the beatdown they caught from Philly, an AVERAGE team, they should shut up or start choosing their new scapegoat! Classic case of the chickens coming home to roost. DanPhony wanted to humiliate Steph by benching him, now he's the one getting humiliated because they are gonna lose like crazy this year. I was laughin so hard the other night I had tears comin outta my eyes.

U think Marbury's hurt? LOL.... The guys on the bench smiling and laughing. Why? Cause you're doing him a favor. Now, he should just distance himself totally from this trash team. Don't even sit on the bench. Stay home, collect your check and get ready for your next team. A real team with a real coach and a real organization. Enjoy the losing season guys! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iverson to hold basketball clinic for adults (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jewel Williams 2
News Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
News Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
News Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web