D'Antoni shows Marbury, fans who's in charge

Full story: Newsday 29
There's a phrase that's used in law and novel- writing and a lot of other problem-solving professions about "finding an elegant solution." And it's generally applied when someone - in this case, new Knicks ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Long Island NY

Locust Valley, NY

#1 Oct 31, 2008
Who cares what Johnette Howard thinks??? What makes her qualifies to write ANYTHING about ANY sporting event...She couldnt even cover a bed with a sheet, never mind covering a sporting topic...
A real KNOW-NOTHING about anything related to sports.
Rex

Elmsford, NY

#2 Oct 31, 2008
Easy does it there. You're gonna get yourself upset and mess up a McD's order.
Long Island NY wrote:
Who cares what Johnette Howard thinks??? What makes her qualifies to write ANYTHING about ANY sporting event...She couldnt even cover a bed with a sheet, never mind covering a sporting topic...
The Fatman

Bridgeport, CT

#3 Oct 31, 2008
Good for D'Antoni. Marbury is poison.

“I own a mansion & a yacht”

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 31, 2008
Long Island NY wrote:
they only allow her to cover things no one reads or cares about, like the Knicks. the only guy who knows what he's talking about is Tom Rock.
GREAT IDEA

Middle Island, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2008
Why hasn't anyone rubbed Preparation H all over Marbury? That should guarantee he goes away. It says so on the package.
jaysupreme

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Oct 31, 2008
Long Island NY wrote:
A real class act Dantoni's is. He got caught in lie about cursing at the fans and only backed off his original statement because Walsh and the Knicks PR man instructed him to clean up and change his statement! When Isiah cursed at the fans last year, you guys had a field day with it and called him classless now when Dantoni does it and clearly was caught, you excuse it and even applaud him! It's this type of double standard that causes racial divisiveness. If it was so atrocious when Isiah did it then it should be equally condemned when Dantoni does it, regardless of how you feel about Marbury. Fans pay his salary and to curse at them because we want to see a guy from NYC, a true NYer get in the game is inexcusable.

I give Berman a lot of credit because it takes courage to go against the grain and stand up against the rest of you beat writers and tell the truth.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#7 Oct 31, 2008
Kudos to D'Antoni for keeping Starbury benched. The guy's nothing but a 22 million dollar loser. Thank God this loser will be a goner soon & we can shed some bad contracts & maybe just maybe make the Knicks contender down the line. Going to take time, but things can only get better. yeah I know the fans pay his salary, but this guy's not worth the time of day. Go Mike D'Antoni.
Hammer

Carrollton, TX

#8 Oct 31, 2008
D'Antoni made a strong,decisive move that is intended to improve the Knicks long term. All you Marbury fans who need to see him pound the rock, go jump on Youtube. The Knicks are moving forward & Starbury is in the rearview mirror. Ciao brother see ya in Italy.
THam

Rockaway, NJ

#9 Oct 31, 2008
If Marbury is smart he will say nothing and get his $256,000 per
game and like it.
Bobbay

Chester, NY

#10 Oct 31, 2008
jaysupreme wrote:
<quoted text>
A real class act Dantoni's is. He got caught in lie about cursing at the fans and only backed off his original statement because Walsh and the Knicks PR man instructed him to clean up and change his statement! When Isiah cursed at the fans last year, you guys had a field day with it and called him classless now when Dantoni does it and clearly was caught, you excuse it and even applaud him! It's this type of double standard that causes racial divisiveness. If it was so atrocious when Isiah did it then it should be equally condemned when Dantoni does it, regardless of how you feel about Marbury. Fans pay his salary and to curse at them because we want to see a guy from NYC, a true NYer get in the game is inexcusable.
I give Berman a lot of credit because it takes courage to go against the grain and stand up against the rest of you beat writers and tell the truth.
Oh boy, now he pulls the race card. You are the only one in NY to put this situation in those terms. OJ's innocent too, right? Listen, stick to basketball dude--BTW, Evryone KNEW Isaih was classless after he SEXUALLY HARRASED a woman in the front office and supported that culture there as well. Cursing the fans was the cherry on top. You want to talk courage? Get your facts straight big mouth. Do you even want the Knicks to succeed again?? You are bashing the new coach 1 game into the season. Unbeleivable.
Rim Rocka

United States

#11 Oct 31, 2008
Nobody thinks that Marbury could've played in the last game, esepcially down the stretch when the Heat were starting to come back? I would put an experienced vet in to keep things under control. For all you loyal fans, I felt it was my duty to let you all know about this half priced ticket deal the Knicks are doing for the 11/2 and 11/5 games. Buy the tickets from nyknicks.com and type in FACE to get the discount. Let's hope the continue the good work against the Sixers tonight.
Bobbay

Chester, NY

#13 Oct 31, 2008
Rim Rocka wrote:
Nobody thinks that Marbury could've played in the last game, esepcially down the stretch when the Heat were starting to come back? I would put an experienced vet in to keep things under control. For all you loyal fans, I felt it was my duty to let you all know about this half priced ticket deal the Knicks are doing for the 11/2 and 11/5 games. Buy the tickets from nyknicks.com and type in FACE to get the discount. Let's hope the continue the good work against the Sixers tonight.
Thanks for the tip. Can't wait for tonight!! Lets go Knicks!!!
jaysupreme

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Oct 31, 2008
Bobbay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy, now he pulls the race card. You are the only one in NY to put this situation in those terms. OJ's innocent too, right? Listen, stick to basketball dude--BTW, Evryone KNEW Isaih was classless after he SEXUALLY HARRASED a woman in the front office and supported that culture there as well. Cursing the fans was the cherry on top. You want to talk courage? Get your facts straight big mouth. Do you even want the Knicks to succeed again?? You are bashing the new coach 1 game
into the season. Unbeleivable.
Why is it pulling the race card? What is it then? Why was it condemned when Isiah did it and not D'Antoni? See that's what kills me how you guys pick and choose when to become so moral. I asked a question. I would just like to hear you answer it - again, why is acceptable for Dantoni to curse at fans that pay his salary and unacceptable when Isiah did it? I'm waiting for your response!
Imran

Jamaica, NY

#15 Oct 31, 2008
What they are doing to Marbury is wrong.. hes done all the right things so far and this is how its going to end up? Hes being mistreated and its just unprofessional.
Hammer

Carrollton, TX

#16 Oct 31, 2008
Imran, please go directly to English 101. Thank you.
Bobbay

Chester, NY

#17 Oct 31, 2008
jaysupreme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it pulling the race card? What is it then? Why was it condemned when Isiah did it and not D'Antoni? See that's what kills me how you guys pick and choose when to become so moral. I asked a question. I would just like to hear you answer it - again, why is acceptable for Dantoni to curse at fans that pay his salary and unacceptable when Isiah did it? I'm waiting for your response!
#1 you brought up race.
#2 I don't think anyone is saying it is acceptable, I'm not. I'm just pointing out that Isaih Thomas was a proven all-around bad person and a horrible coach before he cursed the fans. D'antoni is a hard-nosed, no-nonsense guy so get used to it. And while I don't think it's acceptable to curse at the fans I also think anyone chanting for Steph to come into the game is a moron.
#3 Lighten up
Bobbay

Chester, NY

#18 Oct 31, 2008
on the new guy, i mean
jaysupreme

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Oct 31, 2008
Imran wrote:
What they are doing to Marbury is wrong.. hes done all the right things so far and this is how its going to end up? Hes being mistreated and its just unprofessional.
You're right but you can't make them see it because these guys are so blind with hatred. It's really ridiculous to despise someone so much that you don't even know personally.

Whether you like Marbury or not is not the issue. The issue is that it was classless the way Mike D handled it. Look at how the Nets handled Kidd. He said he wanted out and they traded him promptly. Frank didn't put him on the bench because he didn't wanna play for the Nets anymore. They handled the situation with class and you would expect the same thing from the Knicks.

Even in Curry's case,(who by the way I can't stand as a player) Mike D told the media first that he was out of the rotation instead of telling it to the player first. Now Curry stinks but this type of behavior is extremely disrespectful. I honestly don't see how anyone can applaud these kinds of actions. Regardless of whether he's decided to move on w/o Marbury or Curry, you should at least be man enough to address it to them face to face in private. You don't lead the guy to believe he's gonna play especially when you've been dealing with him since training camp and then on the first game not play him, not tell him before the game he's not gonna play and then get mad at the fans that paid their $ to see this guy play!

That is disgraceful behavior by a coach and yes, it should send a message to the other players on this team that you are dealing with a two faced snake and to watch your back. You see what he did to Steph who is a 2 time All Star so just imagine what he would do you!
jaysupreme

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2008
Bobbay wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 you brought up race.
#2 I don't think anyone is saying it is acceptable, I'm not. I'm just pointing out that Isaih Thomas was a proven all-around bad person and a horrible coach before he cursed the fans. D'antoni is a hard-nosed, no-nonsense guy so get used to it. And while I don't think it's acceptable to curse at the fans I also think anyone chanting for Steph to come into the game is a moron.
#3 Lighten up
Ok Bobbay -so let me ask you this. If you were getting fired from your job would you prefer to have your boss tell you face to face or would you rather find a letter in your door while your leaving to go to work that says "by the way, you're fired". Basically that's what Dantoni did and that's why some people such as myself have a problem with it.

It's not about whether Steph plays or not. The way it was handled was wrong. No I won't be getting used to D'antoni's approach. Sorry, u need to lighten up. You're the one that obviously got all pissed off by my post because I dared to challenge the coaches behavior. I'm not supporting this team any longer as long as Dantoni is coach and behaves this way.

I'd rather support some other NYC players like Artest and Alston that are on a real team like Houston. Steph's gonna get his $ this year and then next year he can go play for a real team while the Knicks continue to lose. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Bobbay

Chester, NY

#21 Oct 31, 2008
It should send a message to everyone that if they want to play on his team that they should not be a distraction ie: sulking crybaby and don't show up like some fat slob coming to play on the neighborhood court. You are a professional athlete playing on a NBA cornerstone franchise, start acting like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddy Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-NBA Player's Girlfriend, Daughter Murderer C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Mark Winshel 1
Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
Heat's Mike Miller targeting Tuesday return vs.... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 1
Pelton: How would Bernard King fare today? (Oct '11) Oct '11 Orzette Lincoln 2
Timberwolves assist Carmelo Anthony trade, send... (Feb '11) Mar '11 jrogalav 59
Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
Former Bulls player Eddy Curry's Burr Ridge hom... (Jul '09) Jan '11 Obama 10

Eddy Curry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE